Love #16.5 F/W 2016.16 Remix Issue : Madonna by Mert Alas - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-08-2016
trendsetter

Love #16.5 F/W 2016.16 Remix Issue : Madonna by Mert Alas

twitter.com/thelovemagazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelovemagazine
Happy Birthday Madonna We have worked on an extra special issue of Love, 16.5 featuring Madonna, Rocco and a cast of boys seen within a 70 page portfolio 'Angels of Concrete' all photographed by Mert Alas. This very special edition, supported by Marc Jacobs will be on sale during London Fashion Week.

Last edited by MDNA; 14-08-2016 at 09:24 PM.
14-08-2016
front row

Great cover
So unexpected, yet amazing.
70 pages of the Queen, and her baby boy?! I'm all in.

14-08-2016
backstage pass

Madonna used to be so fashion, I don't know what happened...

14-08-2016
front row

Where´s Marcus? did they broke as a duo now?

14-08-2016
backstage pass

WHERE IS MARCUS?! I kind of like of the cover though. It is very Madonna.

14-08-2016
Fat Karl

I really like it. I know I'm biased, but this is one of her best fashion covers/editorials in a while. I like how unproduced it looks. It's a good look for her. I was getting tired of the highly stylized eras of MNDA and Rebel Heart, so it's nice to see my girl in a more natural and intimate looking photograph.

Really looking forward to the whole editorial with Rocco and his buddies. I like the concept.

14-08-2016
MON
V.I.P.

Huh?

It seems like it's a personal project of his.

14-08-2016
trendsetter

Love this natural look of M, it reminds me of her Ray of Light era shoot, but with her thumb sucking lol.

15-08-2016
V.I.P.

I think it's just by Mert Alas because it looks like he took it with his iPhone.

15-08-2016
V.I.P.

Don't like it! What's with the infantalising? I'd like to know which 50-odd woman still suck on her thumb.

The redeeming aspect of this is NO BONDAGE in sight so far, and the inclusion of M&M, somewhat a reprieve from Willy Vanderperre! I'm sure Madonna probably demanded them though. They really went to town with the retouching, from the face to the hands.

15-08-2016
front row

Gross.

15-08-2016
trendsetter

preview

bts

15-08-2016
trendsetter

Quote:
It's here. The secret project between LOVE and Mert Alas titled LOVE 16.5. The special edition collectors issue 'LOVE by Mert Alas' supported by Marc Jacobs launches on 19th September during London Fashion Week.

Without any hair, make up or styling, cover star Madonna, shot by Mert Alas, is seen sucking her thumb in bed, wearing a hooded sweatshirt by Palace. 'Madonna 2:00AM by Mert Alas' is a 10-page reportage that the photographer shot of Madonnna in the early hours at his Hampstead home.

Our Editor-in-Chief Katie Grand says: "In early 2016, the media was obsessing over the discord in Madonna’s relationship with her son Rocco. I was struck by how mean the press were about a woman simply going to work and wanting her son to be a part of it. I spoke to Mert about the possibility of doing a shoot with her, as he, Madonna and Rocco are all friends. I wasn’t sure it would ever happen, to be honest, but Mert said, ‘Let me ask M and Rocco.’ Much to my surprise, the morning after Madonna’s reconciliation with Rocco, nine stunning images of Madonna arrived via WhatsApp. They had been taken at 2am at Mert’s house in Hampstead where he and Madonna often hang out and have casual dinners."

Madonna tells Murray Healy in the accompanying interview with LOVE 16.5 how "acceptance by the establishment equals death” and says: “I don’t consider myself a pop act, I consider myself an artist. And it’s an artist’s responsibility to be revolutionary in our work. It’s our responsibility, our duty and our privilege.”

On the burden of fame, she says: "I was already famous before social media, so for me fame isn’t the burden. Fame is the manifestation or the by-product of my work, and that was two decades before social media. Now to me the burden is people are more focused on fame than actually doing the work or being an artist. Now it’s easy to become famous. What isn’t easy is to develop and grow as an artist without being distracted or consumed with fame.”

Madonna also tells LOVE 16.5: “I like Instagram because it’s like keeping a diary and every day I get to share different aspects of my personality, my life, and what inspires me, what infuriates me, or what causes I want to fight for. It allows me to be mysterious, ironic, provocative or proud. I get to use it as a platform to bring attention to people or issues that I think are important. It allows me to be the curator of my life."

Editor in Chief KATIE GRAND
Creative Director MATT ROACH
Editorial Director MURRAY HEALY
Production Editor MATT FIVEASH
Fashion Director STEVE MORRISS
Art Director MARTIN TICKNER
Senior Designer ROBBIE MAILER-HOWAT
Production Controller MARIE RHYS-EVANS
Commercial Senior Production Controller LOUISE LAWSON
Publisher CATHERINE RUSSELL
Managing Director NICHOLAS COLERIDGE
Special thanks to MARC JACOBS
thelovemagazithelovemagazine.co.uk

Last edited by MDNA; 15-08-2016 at 06:50 AM.
15-08-2016
backstage pass

So is this a LOVE Remix with all the other features + Madonna by Mert or just a specially issue only with Madonna by Mert?

V.I.P.

It just occurred to me now that Madonna doesn't have a Marc Jacobs campaign? LV yes, but not MJ. That will probably change sometime soon.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#165, 165, alas, f or w, issue, love, madonna, mert, remix