How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-08-2010
rising star

Sienna "the pin up" ? Pardon? If anybody is out of these cover stars, it's Kelly Brook. It should be Sienna.... "the one who won't go away" or "the one who took Jude Law back". Stop trying to make Sienna happen.

20-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacakes View Post
To clear some things up:

Buela is actually an Enchanted Doll created by Marina Bychkova. I was surprised upon seeing her work on a cover like Love, as it seemed like such a gamble. Alas, I have been a fan of her work for years, so this is terribly exciting! She was apparently lent to the publication by Fabrizio Viti, an accessories designer for Louis Vuitton. With Viti added into the equation, I can see why she is wearing Louis Vuitton, why Mert & Marcus and the Love team chose her as a cover model, and why Katie Grand had such a fascination with her. It was an odd experience to see a doll of Marina's in a publication such as Love, not to mention on its cover. I love seeing the love for ball-jointed dolls come in and out of fashion, and this will no doubt bring exposure to Bychkova and the doll world at large.
Is it the same doll that was used for I the McQueen for Target campaign or something like that? I remember reading that the dolls were so rare and sought after.
It's not that I don't like Buela's cover. It just seems so random to make 8 covers for one issue and then having people like Gisele and Lauren who are model legends and then adding a doll to the bunch. If I had to choose between some covers of amazing supermodels and a picture of a doll I'd obviously go for the model cover, especially as this is a fashion magazine.

My my favorite out of the 8 covers are Sienna's, Rosie's and Lauren's.

Last edited by Psylocke; 20-08-2010 at 03:42 AM.
20-08-2010
fashion insider

This mag never ceases to amaze me. Kelly Brook, that incredibly dumb and tacky woman got a cover...

20-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
This mag never ceases to amaze me. Kelly Brook, that incredibly dumb and tacky woman got a cover...
exactly

20-08-2010
front row

The doll cover actually looks rather freaky/creppy on the stands.

And the main ed with everyone reminds me ALOT of the main ed last issue with everyone, just minus the soap products - even some of the backgrounds look the same.

V.I.P.

question to the owners of magazine: does main ed repeat all covers ot there s another shots? thats just for me to know in case if i cant buy preferable cover

backstage pass

All of the cover shots are repeated inside, and all cover stars are also in the main ed, except the doll

20-08-2010
V.I.P.

so thats a loong editorial, right? i supposed each girl has only 1 shot

backstage pass

Sorry ASF, apparently I’m blind. I had another look and only Rosie, Alessandra and Sienna are in the main ed, and Agyness has her own.
The cover shots are accompanied by one page interviews with each star.

This issue actually isn’t that bad. A little generic but at least it isn’t full of the usual douchebags that Grand tries to shove down our throats.
This is probably due to them bringing in people like Weber and Sauve, who I love.

I think the Dree and Hannah H editorial is stunning too. A total Lindbergh rip off but gorgeous nonetheless.

20-08-2010
front row

"Baby It's You"
Models: Lara Stone, Ana Beatriz Barros, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Alessandra Ambrosio, Eliza Cummings, Sienna Miller, Anne Vyalitsyna, Ashley Smith, Alexa Chung, Noemie Lenoir, Devon Aoki, Barbara Palvin, Emily Didonato, Cameron Russell, Carmen Kass, Julie Ordon, Claudia Mason, Tori Praver, Magdalena Frackowiak, Kirsty Hume, Ilvie Wittek
Photographer: Angelo Pennetta
Styling: Katie Grand, Victoria Young, Sally Lyndley

front row

(continued)

scannd in by me

V.I.P.

^thank you

20-08-2010
V.I.P.

Thanks for the scans!
That editorial is horribly unexciting. So many beautiful women and so much potential but it's just...kind of bad? Alexa Chung's shot is the worst (and I love Alexa)

20-08-2010
front row

Sienna Miller looks a cross between Emily Didonato and Masha. But I like the cover.

20-08-2010
fashion icon

Well, Katie Grand managed to make most of the women/models in the 'Baby It's You' editorial look like prostitutes. It's quite a hideous editorial. Maybe they thought that including a bunch of models in this editorial would mask the fact that this is actually a really bad editorial, but it didn't work.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 1011, 2010, alas, f or w, fall, love, marcus, mert, piggott, winter