How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-08-2010
backstage pass

ok pretty obsessed with this
Anne V looks amazing <3_________<3

20-08-2010
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
Well, Katie Grand managed to make most of the women/models in the 'Baby It's You' editorial look like prostitutes. It's quite a hideous editorial. Maybe they thought that including a bunch of models in this editorial would mask the fact that this is actually a really bad editorial, but it didn't work.
Maybe that's not such a bad thing after all. And I sincerely wish our local prostitutes would be like that, wearing no makeup or just some light one for example

I don't see it as especially strong and innovative, I don't really like the casting as a whole but some of the shots truly got me and could even change my mind about the whole mag (I got quite tired when I saw all these covers and none that gives me the 'real thrill').

Willing to see more now, still not especially thrilled but curious in a good and that's a good debut I guess.

20-08-2010
trendsetter

At first I thought it was was too much of a Terry Richardson inspired shoot but then again, I was never a fan of his work but nevertheless the photos aren't enticing.

20-08-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
Well, Katie Grand managed to make most of the women/models in the 'Baby It's You' editorial look like prostitutes. It's quite a hideous editorial. Maybe they thought that including a bunch of models in this editorial would mask the fact that this is actually a really bad editorial, but it didn't work.
Yes, they all look a bit cracked out! What a lame editorial.

20-08-2010
don't look down

Best thing about that editorial is not the hint of anyone's tits, but the sight of Kirsty Hume's hair. When it grew back, a tiny bit of order was restored in the universe.

Lots of you won't remember this shining river of blondeness - or the moment of travesty, which was covered in a US Vogue feature, where you can clearly see the mood was more akin to planning a murder than a haircut (wonderfulworldofhair.tripod.com)

20-08-2010
backstage pass

I think that I might buy this issue. I didn't want the last one but the previews have persuaded me.
They've chosen great models for that ed - Magdalena F and Lara look stunning.

I'm looking forward to Abbey Clancy's editorial but really dislike Sienna's cover.
The colouring on Agyness' is simply beautiful. I think that's my favourite cover along with Kelly's.

Last edited by mimirose; 20-08-2010 at 06:45 PM.
20-08-2010
backstage pass

Noémie looks great!

20-08-2010
V.I.P.

The Baby It's You ed is so random.

20-08-2010
backstage pass

I think Ale's cover is in the top 3 best. It's probably the most eye catching on the stands, with the contrast of red and black, but the tagline "The Angel" is a pathetic attempt at irony. However, in that ed, Ale reverts back to her so-so VS look. I would prefer if she bleached her brows, dyed her hair black, went into hiding for a few years untill everyone forgets her, gets herself re-scouted and starts a substantial HF career. Unlike Miranda, who can sway either way pretty easily considering how much comerciall work she has done, Ale can't (IMO) transition back and forth so smoothly. It's kind of stop, start, high, comercial, stop, start... it's kind of juddered , if anyone gets me?

20-08-2010
fashion insider

not really following at all . . .

20-08-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Is it the same doll that was used for I the McQueen for Target campaign or something like that? I remember reading that the dolls were so rare and sought after.
Close, but the dolls used for the McQ campaign were actually Blythe dolls, popular in Japan and virtually the rest of the planet. Asian dolls and their Western counterparts are becoming quite an inspiration for designers, photographers, and stylists alike. That's why I think Buela came to be chosen for Love's cover, as Mert & Marcus, Katie Grand, and Marc Jacobs himself are and have been inspired by ball-jointed dolls in the past.

21-08-2010
-- aGGravaTion de caS --

The ed is interresting like everytimes.
So nice to see julie Ordon great cast.

V.I.P.

Agyness, Alessandra, Gisele & Lauren's covers are best. Not sure which one I'll get.
Alessandra is so different here, Gisele doesn't look like her at first glance, too much make-up imo, Agyness is so simple and striking as well as Lauren's one.
I don't like Sienna & Kelly covers and the mannequin, don't know what to say, the idea is good though.
"Baby It's You" - so many amazing women, but some of the shots are unappealing.

21-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddybuymeapony View Post
Sienna "the pin up" ? Pardon? If anybody is out of these cover stars, it's Kelly Brook. It should be Sienna.... "the one who won't go away" or "the one who took Jude Law back". Stop trying to make Sienna happen.
i wanna shake your hand, could not have put it better myself

21-08-2010
front row

I bought the Sienna cover. I love it. I love that all the covers are different.

It's a really great issue. I love the content, the mag as a whole is really very cohesive.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 1011, 2010, alas, f or w, fall, love, marcus, mert, piggott, winter