How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-08-2010
backstage pass

Gisele's cover is my favorite

I like that big editorial by Pennetta, I always like those grainy-ish quality pics that you don't find a lot these days Liv's ed is great too.

^Yeah, kinda, but this is by far, the best issue they've done.

23-08-2010
!

Marant's article was so retarded and who told aggy dressing up as a skin head was a good look.

24-08-2010
don't look down

Maybe the distribution of the magazine will increase throughout the week, but in all my travels so far, I've found only one store that stocked it, and only four copies were out - Kelly, Agyness, Lauren and Gisele. At a push, I would have got Gisele's cover (although the sludge tones aren't any more appealing on glossy paper) but it was heavily scratched.

And therein lies a problem with producing multiple covers. What if someone can't get the one they want? The content seemed fine, and it was a satisfyingly heavy magazine, but because so much of the sales push is centered on there being a selection of covers, if I can't get the one I want, it feels like I'm having to settle for an inferior issue - so I didn't bother to buy it.

It's the strange psychology of choice - I'd rather have no magazine than pay £6 for a cover I don't want, because of the awareness that 'better' ones are out there somewhere. Yet if there'd been no choice from the start and only one cover produced, I'd have simply been glad to have seen it on sale, and I'd have bought the damn thing today, regardless of who might be on the front of it.

fashion elite

Liv's editorial
Thanks for the scans fearless123

24-08-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
Maybe the distribution of the magazine will increase throughout the week, but in all my travels so far, I've found only one store that stocked it, and only four copies were out - Kelly, Agyness, Lauren and Gisele. At a push, I would have got Gisele's cover (although the sludge tones aren't any more appealing on glossy paper) but it was heavily scratched.

And therein lies a problem with producing multiple covers. What if someone can't get the one they want? The content seemed fine, and it was a satisfyingly heavy magazine, but because so much of the sales push is centered on there being a selection of covers, if I can't get the one I want, it feels like I'm having to settle for an inferior issue - so I didn't bother to buy it.

It's the strange psychology of choice - I'd rather have no magazine than pay £6 for a cover I don't want, because of the awareness that 'better' ones are out there somewhere. Yet if there'd been no choice from the start and only one cover produced, I'd have simply been glad to have seen it on sale, and I'd have bought the damn thing today, regardless of who might be on the front of it.
Totally agree with you.
I see it in every shop - but only 4 covers - Rosie, Alessandra, Giselle & Sienna. I would have really liked The Mannequin

About the 'Tits' thing - I think it may have something to do with Isaac Lock's feature onElizabeth Taylor (apparently being called Miss Tits by Richard Burton on the set ot Cleopatra). Or something..

And I love Stella Tennant's ed

24-08-2010
French Chic

Hell the contents actually look pretty good so far.
Ginta's editorial is beautiful and beyond and the Cavalli are expectedly full-on excess and Guinevere and Cindy are rockin' it.
Pleasantly surprised by Liv's pics too.....looking good.
Thanks for all the scans folks

trendsetter

requestmodels blog

V.I.P.

Quote:
Dree and Hannah by Boo George
is there more of this ?
coz geeeez, i ****ing love the Lindbergh 80s + 80s menswear Armani styling vibe !!!!

Love Love this !

25-08-2010
backstage pass

I bought the Rosie cover today - they were completely out of Agyness'
This is Abbey's promotional video for her editorial (it's absolutely beautiful in print.)

25-08-2010
backstage pass

As if we haven’t given you enough model reasons to pick up the newest issue of Love, then here’s one more.

Modelinia provided you with a behind the scenes look at Riley Keough’s photoshoot with Terry Richardson for Love way back in March, but now that the glossy is hitting newsstands, it’s time to delve into the pages. Riley’s featured in an editorial titled “Hollywood Daughters,” showing off a bold head of blonde curls and delicate cross necklaces, displaying her varied talents as a model and actress.

Between the multiple model covers, excellent style feature, and a wonderfully endless list of models including Joan Smalls, Guinevere Van Seenus, Cindy Crawford, Stella Tennant, Ming Xi, and Laetitia Casta, we can’t think of any reason not to snag the latest Love.

Modelinia

backstage pass

David Agbodji got me fanning like I'm in church with no AC!

25-08-2010
tfs star

^Does he leave you... breathless?

25-08-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
David Agbodji got me fanning like I'm in church with no AC!
Girl, YES!

V.I.P.

the things I would do to David!

26-08-2010
███████████████

Cover photos clean HQ

lovemagazine.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 1011, 2010, alas, f or w, fall, love, marcus, mert, piggott, winter