How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-08-2010
fashion insider

LOVE the david agbodji feature.

26-08-2010
front row

"A Bit of Liverpool"
Model: Abbey Clancy
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Styling: Katie Grand

scanned in by me

███████████████

Thankssss

26-08-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchini View Post
Photography Willy Vanderperre
Fashion Editor/Model Marie-Amelie Sauve wearing Balenciaga
Preview:

Quote:
CM: How did you come up with the idea to shoot Marie Amelie Sauve in her Balenciaga archives?

KG: She and I had spoken about working together for years now and we never have… It very nearly happened on every single issue of LOVE. She was kind of saying to me, “who shall I photograph?” and I knew we were doing this thing on Iconic women and I wanted not for everyone in the magazine to be a model or actress. We had talked about photographing her archives and it kind of seemed obvious that she should be the person wearing the archives rather than someone else. She asked if Willy could photograph her and I really liked the idea and then they ended up shooting at Nicola’s country house which came out beautifully.
models.com

26-08-2010
V.I.P.

Leader of the Pack - Love #4 Fall Winter 2010
model: Elle MacPherson
ph: Sharif Hamza
Styling: Katie Grand

[sharif.st]

V.I.P.

Katie Grand's Interview

She talks about tFS as well

Quote:
I became obsessed with TheFashionSpot and how many hits it was getting and then just got into that whole thing of, “well, I’ll just see,” and would literally stay awake at night getting preoccupied with what people were saying. It was a good experience, I don’t know if I’ll ever do it again…(laughs)
models.com

27-08-2010
front row

I really love Abbey's ed other than the excessive use of cigarettes. I know theyre trying to portray the normal girl from Liverpool but the smoking just looks like a pose in a lot of them.

starving hysterical naked

I bought this I wasn't willing to but I saw Alessandra's cover on the shelves, screaming out at me and I couldn't resist. The overall content isn't awe-inspiring, apart from Ginta's shots and Dree and Hannah's editorial (though some shots are more or less a rip-off of Lindbergh's Elle du Désir, especially that of Dree holding a cigarette). Agyness' is passable but I fail to like it for I'm not keen on the transformation she's been undergoing.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
Maybe the distribution of the magazine will increase throughout the week, but in all my travels so far, I've found only one store that stocked it, and only four copies were out - Kelly, Agyness, Lauren and Gisele. At a push, I would have got Gisele's cover (although the sludge tones aren't any more appealing on glossy paper) but it was heavily scratched.

And therein lies a problem with producing multiple covers. What if someone can't get the one they want? The content seemed fine, and it was a satisfyingly heavy magazine, but because so much of the sales push is centered on there being a selection of covers, if I can't get the one I want, it feels like I'm having to settle for an inferior issue - so I didn't bother to buy it.

It's the strange psychology of choice - I'd rather have no magazine than pay £6 for a cover I don't want, because of the awareness that 'better' ones are out there somewhere. Yet if there'd been no choice from the start and only one cover produced, I'd have simply been glad to have seen it on sale, and I'd have bought the damn thing today, regardless of who might be on the front of it.

I have this same thought myself. I almost missed out on the last issue as I couldn't find the Daria cover I wanted. i ended up finding it but it was scratched which dampened my enthusiasm.

27-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippie View Post
... in that ed, Ale reverts back to her so-so VS look. I would prefer if she bleached her brows, dyed her hair black, went into hiding for a few years untill everyone forgets her, gets herself re-scouted and starts a substantial HF career.
WWTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippie View Post
... Unlike Miranda, who can sway either way pretty easily considering how much comerciall work she has done, Ale can't (IMO) transition back and forth so smoothly. It's kind of stop, start, high, comercial, stop, start... it's kind of juddered , if anyone gets me?
are you drunk hunny?

Last edited by Legolas; 27-08-2010 at 12:02 PM.
28-08-2010
V.I.P.

The iPad app for this issue is out! You can get it for free here:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/love-mag...88345076?mt=8#

Screenshot of the main menu taken from above page:

Makes me wish I had an iPad just so I could check out the contents!

V.I.P.

Here's the first of the iPad app videos, titled 'Angel' and starring Ana Beatriz Barros, Eliza Cummings, Emily Didonato, Julie Ordon, Ashley Smith, Claudia Mason, Lara Stone, Kirsty Hume, Alexa Chung, Noemie Lenoir, and Barbara Palvin.

hors concours♛

Ana and Emily

V.I.P.

Another video from the iPad app - titled 'Brush For Love' by Willy Vanderperre and starring Ana Beatriz Barros, Alessandra Ambrosio, Abbey Clancy, Noemie Lenoir, and Claudia Mason.

fashion elite

ugh. riley looks awful and im so bored with her. at first it was like ooh! elvis' granddaughter! but now im just so unimpressed with her and katie grand snapping up john gallianos sloppy seconds

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, 1011, 2010, alas, f or w, fall, love, marcus, mert, piggott, winter