How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results: What do you think of the LOVE cover featuring Kate Moss and Lea T?
Arresting, beautiful, thought-provoking - I love it! 75 38.66%
Sorry, not a fan 26 13.40%
A blatant play for media attention 93 47.94%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

19-01-2011
V.I.P.

I feel like this cover is trying/supposed to/should mean something...but i'm not sure what exactly. based on aesthetics alone its ok, but its not hitting the spot for me like i think katie grand wants it to.

hmm...

19-01-2011
An die Freude.

Nice cover, eyecatching, lacks some chemistry though.

Would be more interesting if Justin was kissing Lea....

19-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
These magazines really need to get Justin while he's hot, because give it a couple of years down the line, and it will be 'Adios Beiber'.
I agree, i wonder how Bieber will go on once his voice breaks

19-01-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchunu View Post
...but its not hitting the spot for me like i think katie grand wants it to.
hmm...
Same here... Lea T was born as a boy and wants to be a girl and feels attraction for boys, right? So why is Lea T kissing another girl? Is he/she now a lesbian? Why change sex then? Would not be more logical to be portrayed kissing a boy? like David Gandy, instead? or Baptiste Giabiconi? No Baptiste because he likes Karl!!! I'm completely confused!!!

Also the Pulp track is not the most appropriated. Maybe 'girls & boys' by Blur is more suitable...

GIRLS WHO ARE BOYS
WHO LIKE BOYS TO BE GIRLS
WHO DO BOYS LIKE THEY'RE GIRLS
WHO DO GIRLS LIKE THEY'RE BOYS
ALWAYS SHOULD BE SOMEONE YOU REALLY LOVE

19-01-2011
V.I.P.

^You're definitely on to something here pedro...kissing a girl and Kate Moss at that. Convinced it should have been different...not sexy or beautiful to me at all. just OK. feels wrong...would have been so different if it was the Kate Moss everyone once lusted for...but she's too much of a product now so it just reads as a desperate gimmick. David Gandy would have been just right, i think....

V.I.P.

I really like the styling (makeup and hair) but the kiss itself, especially on Lea's end, looks awkward and inauthentic. Dare I sat that the best provocateur kiss in recent times was the Tom Ford-Terry Richardson kiss.

19-01-2011
V.I.P.

looking forward to the editorial!

19-01-2011
don't look down

For me, the kiss is less about sex and more about the meeting of the old and the new - Kate Moss teamed with Lea T, coming together on one cover. I don't see much electricity in the embrace, it's static and posed, so it feels more like a metaphor than an actual situation or relationship.

V.I.P.

I can see where you're coming from tigerrouge and maybe some of us are being overly analytical but I think overanalyzing is what happens when you put that type of image on the cover of your magazine, especially with two of the most predominant models currently working in the indsutry. If it really is about this idea of the old and new meeting, what's with the kiss? I guess the problem I have with this overall is that LOVE has continuously passed up the opportunity to really make a statement with the type of content it filters into the fashion and vernacular world. Part of me thinks this is mostly due to the fact that that really isn't Katie's intention-she's not out to make a substantial beacon of fashion, but this type of marketing is part of the degradation of fashion and the business of magazines-practically a waste of paper.

Last edited by Mchunu; 20-01-2011 at 04:33 AM.
20-01-2011
don't look down

I am sure some can imagine all sorts of physical connection happening between these two models, but on a cover, a shared kiss is how they come together, rather than anything more lurid. I realised that I want to give the issue a chance, so I am trying to be positive as I can about it.

you soft and only

I think my problem with the cover is that I don't really notice Lea on it. I mean, she takes up half the cover but Kate really steals it.

20-01-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

They're two gorgeous and sexy woman. And yet that kiss looks so cold and stiff. Its a beautiful image, though.

V.I.P.

grate cover !!

V.I.P.

at first i thought it was Kate and Iris strubegger....

21-01-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
For me, the kiss is less about sex and more about the meeting of the old and the new - Kate Moss teamed with Lea T, coming together on one cover. I don't see much electricity in the embrace, it's static and posed, so it feels more like a metaphor than an actual situation or relationship.
I adore this interpretation of a visual metaphor in which the old gives her stamp, her literal kiss, of approval to the new.

It allows the image to transcend any connotations of being deliberately incendiary or provocative in a cheap 'What Will Get People Talking?' gimmick.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, 2011, bieber, justin, kate, lea, love, moss, s or s