How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i was just about to say somethign similar, this whole indie depressive vibe thats in fashion now is just getting monotonous...bring back glam

19-12-2011
V.I.P.

It's just their latest issues, it didn't used to be bad, in fact it was a great outlet to see everything in the 'world' of a designer, what inspires him, what's been remarkable in his/her career, it wasn't about the finished product and the celebration of possessing a piece and those that get to purchase it but all about its creator and his creative mind. Up to Tisci's issue, I feel like they still managed to achieve this quite well, and this is an "extension" of ABCDE, so it's really been the last 3 issues (out of a great legacy of.. 15 issues?) that have been absolute trash. I feel a little bad for them. I think they should go the same way ABCDE did, with dignity and integrity, instead of resorting to this and making such a bold statement of what they claimed to be and what they need to be now.

fashion elite

I had Valli, Proenza Schouler and Kris van Assche issues. every issue has it's own story with almost different editorial team. I suggest you should not see it as a fashion magazine, it's more like a serial book of image collection from every designer.

20-12-2011
tfs star

^ That's very true. However A still manages to have a distinctive vibe with most of the collaborators though I'm not into the Mulleavy sisters and their aesthetic which seems to attract a 'indie/hipster' audience. I did enjoy the Valli issue and was initially surprised by the choice so I'll give this issue a go but the previews are not enticing.

20-12-2011
fashion insider

I'm kind of excited to see the outcome of this issue. I really love Rodarte to start with, their whole world, etc and the collaboration Elle Fanning really suits the vibe. I just saw Kirsten Dunsts pics, and even though they are nice, and I get what you guys are saying, but I think it's just redundant of Elle's, and makes this concept kind of boring... but I'll wait for more to really make myself an opinion.

V.I.P.

Kirsten Dunst photographed by David Armstrong wearing the Rodarte F/W 2011 Collection.

Rodarte's facebook

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

The last three are lovely.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#11, curated, kate, laura, magazine, mulleavy