Magazine Cover Stars : Guesses & Wishes 2016 - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-11-2015
MON
V.I.P.

I am seriously laughing at the shade regards Vogue Paris. Same girls again and again HAHA

Vogue Italia wish: STEVEN MEISEL only

22-11-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
I agree with you Creative. We need more models of this generation on covers. There are a lot of great ones. Lexi, Binx, Julia B, Maartje, Ine, Harleth are doing great in campaigns but not in covers.
True. There's a total disconnection. And it never happened before, right? At least I can't remember. The first Vogue cover subject for 2016 is Dunn, who had her peak seven/eight years ago. Then in recent Vogue issues we have Miranda, Gisele, Karlie, Liya, Freja, Natalia... Same girls over and over again. No chances for the new ones.

And is it me or celebrities are getting more and more covers? Look at Vogue Australia... Or Vogue Espańa had three + Gigi...

Sometimes I think part of the reason is that there are not great leaders anymore. Carine Roitfeld used to discover many models, Meisel too... But they don't have the relevance they used to have (though Meisel has really pushed Lexi).

I think there's a huge thirst for freshness...

Last edited by Creative; 22-11-2015 at 05:43 AM.
22-11-2015
V.I.P.

^probably because celebrities are selling. People like to buy magazines with faces they know on the cover. But I agree, we need to see new faces. I'm just waiting to see when magazines are going to realize that everyone is bored with their choices.

22-11-2015
V.I.P.

^Yes, that must definitely be one of the reasons. But, at the same time, I think: who outside the Fashion Spot knows Jourdan? Or Karlie? Or even Natalia?

Miranda or Gisele are more well-known, but the rest?

22-11-2015
V.I.P.

Well we see them on tv: Maybelline, L'Oréal, Guerlain for exemple. People probably don't know their names but they know their face somehow. I can see why magazines can be scared to put new girls, but if it's well executed, it should be selling, I guess

22-11-2015
V.I.P.

Indeed. Because then you see the numbers and in Vogue Paris, for example, Anna did waaaay better than Adriana or even Natasha (I think). Maybe it has also something to do with not thinking outside the box. Repeating the formula again and again because it's not entirely broken.

And I also think: We live in a world where people buy less and less magazines (myself included). Why they don't try something new or better in quality? Are they scared? Or just blasé?

22-11-2015
V.I.P.

Scared and blasé. And most magazines are being runned by old females who are completely out of touch with the current generation.

Meisel was perhaps the only photographer not afraid to put a new girl on a cover, but I think we'll see less and less from him at Vogue Italia.

22-11-2015
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymore View Post
Well we see them on tv: Maybelline, L'Oréal, Guerlain for exemple. People probably don't know their names but they know their face somehow. I can see why magazines can be scared to put new girls, but if it's well executed, it should be selling, I guess
Adriana's cover sold poorly last year and she's one of the most famous models in the world.
They don't put new girls because some of them are too coward to try new things. They are afraid of readers' reactions. For me fashion is a constantly changing industry. Everything has to change every six months because there's a new trend, a new girl, a new hairstyle, a new make up routine, etc. But it seems that with some magazines, everything is still the same every year!
VP seems to be frozen in time (same girls, same Parisienne theme, same jewelry editorial, same celebrity feature), I could say the same for US Vogue.
France is one of the most multi cultural countries in the world, they should take inspiration from it. (They also have amazing models yet they choose the same ones from other countries, when was the last time a French model got an editorial for VP?)

V.I.P.

^Honestly I don't understand how Adriana's cover didn't sell well. Maybe no one recognized her

How I would love a year of VP without Natasha, Kate, Lara, Daria, Anna ect... Just one year of fresh faces.

22-11-2015
V.I.P.

I need Josephine LT on the cover of VP... And Raquel Z... In general, I'd like to see as much diversity as possible... I'd love to see the Supers too but not Naomi, Linda and Christy (whom I adore)... Just smth different... And no Kate, Lara, Natasha, Natalia, Gisele, Isabeli, Freja, Daria (one of my top favourites), etc. Give us some freshness in faces, vision and diversity...

Last edited by KissMiss; 22-11-2015 at 01:32 PM.
22-11-2015
fashion insider

Gosh, all these guesses and wishes are so NOT diverse.

22-11-2015
backstage pass

I think Jennifer Lopez might get a US Vogue cover! I hope. She has American Idol, a new show called Shades of Blue and a new album and residency in Vegas come next year.

24-11-2015
V.I.P.

Karim Sadli just shot his first cover for Vogue Paris, and considering how much he loves Julia Bergshoeff and Alt as well she might end up getting a cover.

I'm up for it. Fingers crossed.

24-11-2015
front row

Great idea for a thread! I often find myself commenting my wishes or predictions for future cover stars in the cover rumour thread and that isn't necessarily the right place for it, so I like this a lot.

I think for US Vogue...
SJP for January: She was shooting with Lindbergh recently, right?
Penelope Cruz for Feb: for Zoolander, although they seem to be going for new faces for Feb in recent years.
Emma Watson for March: based on info from the Cover Rumour Thread.
Lady Gaga for April: most likely a new album next spring, plus she's meant to be on V's spring preview so that's plenty of time between covers.
Gigi and/or Kendall for May: No obvious celeb for the Met Gala theme, and the cover might not even be anything to do with it but 'Fashion in the age of Technology' lends itself well to models I think. Plus the very tenuous link of their 'social media' stardom (even if that theme is very played out.)
Margot Robbie for June: She would be a great summer cover, but maybe July would be a better month for her.

and then in general...
Jessica Alba could very well land a cover.
Kim Kardashian: wouldn't be surprised if she got another cover.
Hillary Clinton is a possibility, she would be great for December but I don't know how likely that is.
Adele is my guess for September. She will have had an epic, record breaking year and will probably fly off the shelves.
Rihanna will probably get another, she could be at any point, although if her album is coming soon then maybe she'll be earlier in the year.
I would love to see Viola Davis and Kristen Wiig also. Plus I think maybe another model cover, probably Kate Moss or Gisele again.

Last edited by LastNight; 24-11-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2016, cover, guesses, magazine, magazines, stars, wishes