How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-04-2011
backstage pass

In Finland, Helsinki's Stockmann Akateeminen is the place to go for current issues. They have a pretty solid selection, including mags like Purple, Doingbird and Self Service. Not much from Asia, though. It's right in the town center.

29-04-2011
V.I.P.

If you're in Amsterdam: Athenaeum Nieuwscentrum, Spui 14-16.

29-04-2011
Some Like It Hot

I've heard there's a store in Covent Garden that sells Vintage Vogue's, I've never been to experience it for myself.

V.I.P.

hi, guys! any news on international newsstands (this time i need at least conde nast and some mainstream things like british vogue or love or numero) in Montenegro (Podgorica, Budva, Cetinje) and, perhaps, Zagreb in Croatia?

V.I.P.

^ Main shopping mall in Podgorica sells a few international mags...saw Interview, US and UK Vogue when I went there last summer . Hope that can be of some help.

02-08-2011
front row

mag nation in melbourne, australia is seriously the best mag shop ever - and they sell single issues worldwide too. it's a must for people wanting to buy australian fashion mags, definitely.

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

Anyone any info about Athens? I've seen one newsstand on Omonia selling some international fashion magazines, can anyone recommend more places?

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

Madrid anyone? I have never been to Spain so have no idea!

V.I.P.

After visiting this thread, I could pack up and travel the world on a magazine expedition. Being a regular at the good-old WHSmith and Fenwick here, I can't contribute other places of interest. I do search smaller newsagents for publications like i-D and Love. Although I have found Love around other stores, Tesco Express included. Then when I'm after an international publication I can't find on the stands, I have a local newsagent who's happy to order any magazine available.

Anyone who's traveling, I'd advise to hunt around airports, I've found decent magazines around airports before. I remember one fantastic store at Bodrum airport, although the prices were extortionate.

don't look down

Speciality food stores often have a tiny magazine stand somewhere on their premises, so your local Polish shop or Asian supermarket can produce all sorts of surprises.

backstage pass

In Argentina, there is this place called York agency where they sell Vogue Italia, but they incresased a lot the last two months, to $70 the magazine.
Does anybody know where can I get it at a lower price or where can I get older numbers?

02-08-2011
fashion icon

Ahh this is the perfect thread! I'm actually going to nyc in a few days hopefully I can get to one of the shops people have recommended. Actually, does anyone know a good one near the Metropolitan Museum (going to see the Alexander McQueen show)?

backstage pass

There is an amazing store on Old Compton Street in London that sells every 'fringe' fashion and art magazines you could ever imagine. Stacks and stacks piled to the ceiling. Alternatively Smith's in any of the big national or international train stations and also selfridges. Foyles next to the old Central Saint Martins college and many good agents in East London Shoreditch/Hoxton areas. Whatever you want you can guarantee London will have it.

04-08-2011
tfs star

This thread name should be changed to "Worldwide"
In San Francisco there is Fog City News, which claims to have the largest mag selection in the Bay Area. I've never been, but I plan on going soon

04-08-2011
backstage pass

^ I'll be going to either Fog City News or Juicy News on the 13th. I'll report back on their selection.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
big, magazines, newsstands, stores or, woldwide