How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-08-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atelier17 View Post
wow! amazing thread.. so so helpful!
Does anybody know a good magazine store in Boston besides barnes/noble or borders?
I've never really roamed around Boston looking for a good newsstand, but my go to place for the newest issues is the Barnes & Noble @ the Prudential Shopping Center... though lately, they've been lagging behind in updating their inventory. Another place I always stop by is the big newsstand right outside of the T (subway) stop at Harvard Square. One thing I hate about this place is that they charge you more than the listed cover price... usually places around here do not do that... :/

05-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
Speciality food stores often have a tiny magazine stand somewhere on their premises, so your local Polish shop or Asian supermarket can produce all sorts of surprises.
I'd recommend that too, I walked past a Polish store, to be drawn to Anja and husband Sasha's Viva cover.

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaljukebox View Post
This thread name should be changed to "Worldwide"
In San Francisco there is Fog City News, which claims to have the largest mag selection in the Bay Area. I've never been, but I plan on going soon
My mom went to Fog City News when she was in SF a month ago. She said it was quite lovely and had a good selection of magazines (especially fashion/culture mags). It's where she got the newest issue of Lula for me.

fashion insider

If you're in Chicago and want some good international magazines, you should go to the shop at the Museum of Contemporary Art. They have Love, Purple, Acne, Wallpaper*, and other good foreign magazines. But the magazines they sell there are magazines that are only published in English so don't expect to see Numero or Vogue Italia. They also sell fashion and photography books. Just yesterday I bought this David Armstrong book, so theres a lot of good things to buy there.

I'm still wondering if there are any other good places to buy foreign magazines in Chicago, especially asian magazines, anyone know?

06-08-2011
The future is stupid

Sherwood Magazines [745 La Cienega Boulevard] in West Hollywood is the best!

22-08-2011
backstage pass

Juicy News in San Francisco:

Carries the following editions of Vogue: US, UK, Russia, Nippon, Paris, Australia and Italia.

They also carry Arena Homme+, Numéro Homme and Numéro, 10 Magazine (both editions), Acne Paper, Oyster, Russh, Lula, AnOther, UK GQ Style, Bon, i-D, Citizen K, Wonderland, Dansk, W, Interview, V and V Man, Love, POP, Muse, Tank, Under the Influence and a few others.

It's a tiny store so they don't have the most shelf space, they had run out of copies of Bon and i-D by the time I had got there. They did have back issues of Arena Homme+ and Vogue Italia from the past few months. And you can request for the staff to call you when the latest issue of a certain magazine has come in.

22-08-2011
backstage pass

please tell me where is the best magazines store in New York! I'll be there next week and I'd like to buy a lot of magazines, is Vogue Korea in New York? I really hope it!

Last edited by P i e t r i n n; 22-08-2011 at 02:13 PM.
12-09-2011
V.I.P.

guys, where in Milan may i find Vogue china and Richardson magazine (i mean this one http://www.richardsonmag.com/ )during milan fashion week? i was looking for vogue china in mondadori huge shop near duomo, but there isn`t chinese editions. any suggestions?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellastica View Post
has anyone been to Powell's in Portland? they have a rep for the best selection of books but haven't heard about their magazine selection.

as far as Seattle goes the best places i've found for harder to find zines or international editions is the Uwajimaya & the B&N in University Village shopping center but even then they don't carry mags like RUSSH or gentlewoman magazine and the Pike Place newsstand but i don't get down there very often.

are there any great magazine sellers in Washington i'm missing out on? Tacoma /the south sound blows when it comes to magazine stands.
Seattle actually has a really good newsstand at the Pikes Market near all of the fish...

12-09-2011
The future is stupid

^Read All About It at Pike Place

Bulldog News in the U. District is also good.

B&N in downtown Seattle is better than the U. District. I've found Gentlewoman, Russh, etc. there.
They have a large selection of mags. And the Kinokuniya Bookstore in Uwajimaya is absolutely the best for all Japanese mags. They have some Korean & Chinese mags also.

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 12-09-2011 at 08:31 PM.
06-10-2011
front row

does anyone know any good shops to find reasonably priced back issues in new york city?

06-10-2011
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosidan View Post
Juicy News in San Francisco:

Carries the following editions of Vogue: US, UK, Russia, Nippon, Paris, Australia and Italia.

They also carry Arena Homme+, Numéro Homme and Numéro, 10 Magazine (both editions), Acne Paper, Oyster, Russh, Lula, AnOther, UK GQ Style, Bon, i-D, Citizen K, Wonderland, Dansk, W, Interview, V and V Man, Love, POP, Muse, Tank, Under the Influence and a few others.

It's a tiny store so they don't have the most shelf space, they had run out of copies of Bon and i-D by the time I had got there. They did have back issues of Arena Homme+ and Vogue Italia from the past few months. And you can request for the staff to call you when the latest issue of a certain magazine has come in.
i would also add smoke signals in russian hill...
carry all the same mags, plus the only place to carry the gentlewoman, the last magazine, and industrie...
also a huge selection of interior design mags...

windowshopping

Anyone know of any good fashion mag stores in Toronto?

Chapters/Indigo occasionally carries Vogue UK, but I would love a reliable source for some international Vogues

11-12-2011
V.I.P.

hey, guys! i need to know about stores and big newsstands in Barcelona/Spain?

some mainstream as international Vogue, interview, and some indie (self service, richardson magazine) and also maybe fresh fashion photo-books (by Rizolli, i need dior haute couture by demarchelier etc)

Any help would be appreciated.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair View Post
i would also add smoke signals in russian hill...
carry all the same mags, plus the only place to carry the gentlewoman, the last magazine, and industrie...
also a huge selection of interior design mags...
I haven't been there yet but I'll be sure to visit it the next time I'm in the city! Do they markup their prices significantly? When I visited Juicy News, that was the biggest turn-off to shopping there again. Also, have you been to Fog City News?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
big, magazines, newsstands, stores or, woldwide