How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-12-2009
V.I.P.

ROFL

05-12-2009
congratulations, nerds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe View Post
Because it's gonna sell a lot. Just look at the number of guests viewing this.
I would normally agree with this, but Muse have never put a celebrity on the cover before, and it's not a cheap magazine by any means. I think it will do the contrary; put the usual readers off buying it.

05-12-2009
fashion insider

^ Good observation.

05-12-2009
old-fashioned

lindsay lohan channeling 90s kate moss? WHAT a joke.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuva View Post
I would normally agree with this, but Muse have never put a celebrity on the cover before, and it's not a cheap magazine by any means. I think it will do the contrary; put the usual readers off buying it.
Yes, but because the recession they might be with financial problems. Besides, weren't they bi-monthly in the past ?
The Natasha issue for example, was advertised a lot, there was even an autograph session in Paris during fashion week. I think they are finding a way of selling more, but that's just me.

05-12-2009
don't look down

I like a little bit of Lindsay, and I don't mind her looking haggard if it makes for an interesting pic, but the way they have her breast out, it could have been done better - either more accidental-looking or more artfully thrust out, anything other than this pose where you can see she's pretending it just happened.

There's no aesthetic merit in that at all, and no sense that you're witnessing anything wild. It's absurd and pointless, it's neither spontaneous enough or ironic enough to be good.

Last edited by tigerrouge; 05-12-2009 at 03:14 PM.
05-12-2009
!

Linds and Kate are(were) pretty much on the same boat when it comes to their 'habits'. so the idea of one channeling the other isn't really that far-fetched.

05-12-2009
dudeist

... they say that fire was pouring from the sky, that the temple has been struck by a lighting, a woman has given birth to a two-headed goat and Lindsay Lohan is on the horrible cover of Muse, this is obviously the end of the world coming.

05-12-2009
front row

Even though it kind of looks like a picture Lindsay would post on Twitter herself, I like it. The "Lindsay Exposed" font looks terrible and the flames kind of remind me of "fire crotch" but Lindsay and Kate are friends so I don't see why people are so shocked. You don't have to look like someone just to do a photoshoot based on a photoshoot they were a part of...

V.I.P.

Wow.. first a one-model issue and now a celebrity? is Ludivine still working for Muse?, this used to be one of my favorite magazines (out of 3!) but this is just tragic, they could've just folded while it was good instead of dragging themselves to this..

Some Like It Hot

Like Everyone else has said from Natasha to this ??? i don't like the flame effect on the cover , well it might have worked if they hadn't slapped Lindsay exposed in gold lettering and who are they kidding 'Lindsay Exposed'

i was after the last issue excited for this but it was all built up for nothing

front row

GOOD GOD THIS LOOKS LIKE IT'S GOING TO BE SO STUNNING. DEFINITELY BUYING. If Lindsay can do anything right, it's model. I applaud Muse for going with Lindsay for the cover. So excited for this!

05-12-2009
V.I.P.

next!

05-12-2009
V.I.P.

Here are some quotes from a person who has seen the full ed and video

Quote:
This is an art piece. You will see.
Quote:
This is going to help with her movie comeback. You’ll see.
Quote:
The media…whatever that means really…oh right…nothing…will just do what they always do, which is ridicule what ever they can get their hands on. This shoot is stunning. And if the media and people can’t stop with the judgments for 5 minutes and appreciate a piece of art then the problem is really not with Lindsay at all. The problem lies with “those who sit in judgment…shall not judge.” My favorite quote of all time.
Quote:
Wait till all the images are released. You’ll see. And the video too. This is just the cover of the magazine. They needed to use one that is provocative or whatever you want to call it. And she is anything but the play thing of some guy. Just sit back…relax…and you’ll see. It’s really a beautiful story.
Quote:
Let me at least gt the last word on this because it is my blog and I’ll cry if I want to…This is an art piece. She does not need to do something like this with her girlfriend. She played a character in a beautiful short art film, where still were shot as well to document it. These 2 minutes vignettes are the future of fashion advertising, utilizing the internet is a very sophisticated way. that is what needs to be garnered from this. Seeing art and fashion in a new stunningly shot and lit way. All other comments not applicable. Just not.
imeanwhat.com

06-12-2009
windowshopping

This should be a really interesting issue. Looking forward to it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#20, abbey, bresnan, claudia, jonas, kadel, lee, lindsay, lohan, muse, tsai, yu