How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-04-2006

^!! I was paying too much attention to the pictures

02-04-2006
scenester

Did they really credit him as Satooshi? He's down as Satoshi Saikusa everywhere else.

far from home...

From Here to Maternity - NYT editorial
source: nytimes.com

When I saw the first pic I was afraid I wasn't going to like it. But I was pleasantly surprised by the second and fourth one.

Quote:
From Here to Maternity
Photographed by MILES ALDRIDGE
Kirsty Hume is the model mother.

Missoni dress, $3,705. At Missoni, 1009 Madison Avenue. Paul Smith Spectacles sunglasses. On girls: Speedo bathing suits. Plastica Rody doll toy.

Chloé silk dress, $4,515. At Chloé, 850 Madison Avenue. Christian Louboutin shoes. On girl: Kule bathing suit. Best & Co. hair ribbon. Pedalcar.com toy cars.

Sportmax hat, $210. At MaxMara, 450 West Broadway. Louis Vuitton wool crepe dress, $1,570; www.louisvuitton.com. Fabergé sapphireand- diamond ring. On boy: Speedo swimsuit.

Paco Rabanne by Patrick Robinson vintage-kimono dress, $1,957. At Saks Fifth Avenue. Oliver Peoples by Larry Leight Heroine sunglasses. BrellaBar umbrella.

Emilio Pucci jumpsuit, $1,845. At Emilio Pucci, 701 Fifth Avenue. Marc Jacobs sunglasses. Christian Louboutin shoes. BrellaBar umbrella. Fashion associate: Monique Bean. Hair: Kerry Warn for John Frieda at the Milton Agency. Makeup: Itsuki for Christian Dior at the Wall Group. Manicure: Carla Kay at Cloutieragency .com. Props and sets: Petergargagliano/petergdesign .com. Child models: Gigi Goff, Paloma Stark, Violet (Hume’s daughter) and Devin Yari Dixon.

16-07-2006
far from home...

All or All - NYT magazine editorial

Quote:
All or All
Photographs by DUSAN RELJIN

Extremism in the name of fashion is no vice.

From left: Prada leopard-print coat with fur sleeves, $6,600, and leopardprint silk shirt, $1,035. Coat at select Prada boutiques. Shirt at select Barneys NewYork stores. Marc Jacobs herringbone coat with fox fur bodice, $14,000, wool turtleneck, $465, leopard-print velvet pants, $1,800, woolcashmere leg warmers, $150, and beret. At www .marcjacobs.com.

Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquière wool coat, $1,895, hat, gloves, tights and boots. Coat at Neiman Marcus. Hat at Barneys NewYork. Gloves at Satine, Los Angeles. Boots at Louis Boston.Tights at Balenciaga, 542West 22nd Street.

From left: BottegaVeneta silk wool jacket, $1,350, jersey skirt, $790, bag and shoes. At Bottega Veneta boutiques. Jil Sander wool jacket, $1,620, cotton shirt, $500, wool pants, $800, and shoes. At Jil Sander, 11 East 57th Street and Chicago.

From left: Chanel tweed jacket, $17,400, taffeta blouse, $2,090, satin wool pants, $1,700, jewelry and shoes. At select Chanel boutiques. Bergdorf Goodman. Dolce & Gabbana plaid wool suit, $3,200, cottonand- velvet vest, $1,550, shirt, $695, knit leggings, $895, purse and boots. At Bergdorf Goodman. Dolce & Gabbana boutiques.

Louis Vuitton knitted dress, $3,550, cardigan, $2,556, hat, belt and tights.

Ralph Lauren Collection cashmere turtleneck, $798, strapless dress, $2,698, tights and boots. At select Ralph Lauren stores.

From left: Lanvin wool canvas dress, $1,450. At Barneys New York. Saks Fifth Avenue. Narciso Rodriguez cotton-and-cashmere dress, $1,390. At Mario’s, Portland,Ore.

From left: Alexander McQueen embroidered-tulle top, by special order, tartan dress, $13,235, leather belt and boots. At Alexander McQueen, 417 West 14th Street. Philip Treacy for Alexander McQueen headdress. Oscar de la Renta taffeta dress, $7,500, tights and shoes. At Oscar de la Renta boutiques. Bergdorf Goodman. Fashion associate: MelissaVentosa. Hair: Leonardo Manetti for Bumble and bumble N.Y. Makeup: Fulvia Farolfi for Chanel. Manicure: Megumi Yamamoto for Louis Licari Salon. Models: Camilla Finn, Nataliia Gotsii and Lonneke.

16-07-2006
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

interestin ed

13-08-2006
far from home...

Grand Illusions - NYT magazine editorial

Quote:
Grand Illusions

Photographs by ERWIN OLAF

Wearing a dress that costs as much as a house, a girl can't be blamed for losing her head.

Valentino Haute Couture Collection duchess satin dress with pleated ruffles and gloves and shoes.

Chanel Haute Couture silk bubble dress with beaded embroidery and boots.

Givenchy Haute Couture marabou and embroidered gold-chain blouson and matching marabou skirt.

Gaultier Paris jersey and leather-draped dress. Manolo Blahnik for Gaultier Paris shoes.

Dior Haute Couture by John Galliano embroidered degradé metallic evening dress.

Christian Lacroix Haute Couture lace ruched blouse over long teffeta and moiré flounced skirt and shoes.

Giorgio Armani Privé asymmetric silk organza gown with Swarovski crystal encrusted bodice.

13-08-2006
backstage pass

This is amazing, although I'm not too fond of distortion...
Thanks for posting DosViolines

Last edited by Monmonde; 13-08-2006 at 06:22 AM.
13-08-2006
V.I.P.

Very interesting, Erwin Olaf rarely shoots fashion, so I'm suprised to see his work here

13-08-2006
flaunt the imperfection

who is erwin olaf please?...

thanks dos V...
very interesting..
STRANGE......
but def not boring...
i don't think i like how 'artificial' it all looks...very computerised......
and not just the distorted bits...

13-08-2006
V.I.P.

Erwin Olaf is a Dutch art photographer, he used to do commercial stuff. You can count his fashion work on the fingers of two hands

Last edited by mikel; 13-08-2006 at 08:57 AM.
13-08-2006
trendsetter

More of his work here http://www.erwinolaf.com/

13-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
i don't think i like how 'artificial' it all looks...very computerised......
That's what I thought too. The first picture is swell though, but the rest...look like American Vogue.

earthbound

The Gaultier one is my favorite.

03-09-2006
flaunt the imperfection

the elitest fashion media always love to get an 'artist' to work for them...
they must feel it adds importance to the work they do...
as though it legitimaizes them somehow.....

and the artists-who are all either insecure or egomaniacs (often BOTH)- seem to enjoy the attention it gets them...

seems to be a marriage made in heaven......

03-09-2006
arndom

His works seem like arts that pretend to be fashion and fashion that seems to look like arts. But it's usually cold and fake.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
editorials, magazine, times, york