How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

Numero blaiming photographer is such a lowblow especially after naming the editorial "African Queen". They basically F*** it up themselves.

Now they are trying to regain their worth by publishing the male version of Numero with a black man on the cover, last minute emergency. HaHa

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

Agreed. Dug the hole way deeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by |PerfectTonight| View Post
Numero blaiming photographer is such a lowblow especially after naming the editorial "African Queen". They basically F*** it up themselves.

Now they are trying to regain their worth by publishing the male version of Numero with a black man on the cover, last minute emergency. HaHa
I also agree with tctra, any way you look at the situation, they hired a white model to portray a model of another race. That shouldn't be okay, it isn't like there aren't ethnic models out there. The institutionalized racism that is practiced within fashion is something so depressing and needless.

Last edited by Moofins; 28-02-2013 at 01:09 PM.
02-03-2013
backstage pass

Wherever Ondria goes, there's bound to be a s**tstorm right behind her. Anyways, the story is ridiculous, the apologies are offensive, and anyone who defends it probably doesn't understand the implications of blackface, or if you insist, "making a girl's skin really tan when she's white" which is really just as bad because if they wanted a "sunkissed tan" look they could've used a girl who is more tan. Appropriating "African" fashion is egregious enough as it is, but you have to push it that much further by using blackface? Kind of pathetic. I'm sure it was for publicity, though.

backstage pass

Can we just focus on those Hans Feurer and Greg Kadel editorials? That is some POWERFUL stuff.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#141, 2013, karl, lagerfeld, march, natalia, numero, vodianova