How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-12-2005
Midnight blooms.........

Nylon Australia/New Zealand
Nylon Australia/ New Zealand has just been launched.
Has anyone read it yet?
I flipped through it and liked the layout/ look but did not have time to read it yet.

02-01-2006
backstage pass

here's a bit more info about it...

NEW YORK) They’ve got Sass + Bide, Gemma Ward, and Vegemite. Now Australia and New Zealand also have their own edition of Nylon, complete with fashion shoots and indie stars native to the stylish continent.
The first issue recycles Fiona Apple as its December cover girl, but almost everything else was made fresh for the new mag: “They did about 70% of it themselves,” said founder Marvin Scott Jarrett, who runs Nylon’s home base in Soho, but leaves the editorial content of the Australia/New Zealand edition to freshly hired staff, including Vogue Australia refugee Emily McGregor, who serves as fashion and beauty director.
“Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised by the staff,” revealed Marvin, who made his first trip ever to Australia for the launch. “I was nervous about it, but my friends from Tsubi—Dan Single and George Gurrow—they absolutely love Emily and the editor-in-chief, Ishil Ihtiyar. They were like, ‘These are the right people to edit Nylon down here.’ That made me feel way more confident. Actually, in Sydney I shot a fashion story and Emily styled it. That’s coming up in the U.S. issue.”

Also coming up in the U.S. issue: cover girl Camilla Belle in March, and maybe a story on the Sundance Film Festival, where Jarrett’s first documentary—a peek at Good Charlotte’s tour through Japan called Fast Future Generation—screens on opening night.
FARAN KRENTCIL

source: http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/news...697&itype=8486
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nylon.jpg (30.2 KB, 5 views)

17-01-2006
barack the vote

^ I'd love to check it out, but I'll probably only be able to get it when I fly international because it's not sold anywhere near where I live.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
australia or new, nylon, zealand