The Official Men's Magazine Thread #2 - Page 61 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-02-2011
V.I.P.

by Tagi Naderzad

ebook30.com

09-02-2011
V.I.P.

ebook30.com

09-02-2011
Mr. Magic

Details March 2011

Quote:
The March issue of Details will wear a new look when it hits newsstands on Feb. 15, including fresh layouts and the introduction of a section focused on health and fitness, called The Body. “It’s not a full redesign; it’s a necessary polish,” explained editor in chief Dan Peres of the 194-page issue — which for the first time has models rather than a celebrity on the cover to emphasize the new focus on fitness.

“We wanted a cover that would really resonate and look a little different than the norm,” said Peres of cover boys Sean O’Pry, Arthur Kulkov and Noah Mills. “Model covers are so rarely done — largely because they’re not a very popular newsstand driver, I’m not blind to that — however I actually believe this will be one of our better selling issues of the year.”

The new Body section is 13 pages and includes stories on a celebrity workout; a requisite 30-days-to-better-abs routine in calendar form (with an online feature that sends weekly schedules to your PDA), and a nutrition article.

“I’m late to the game, admittedly,” said Peres of The Body section, pointedly praising the powerful franchise Men’s Health has built around this zone. “But I think we’ve done it in a way that mirrors the Details lifestyle — it’s refined and polished.”

The Body is overseen by new senior editor Tyler Graham, a veteran of Rodale and O: The Oprah Magazine, who has a book coming out later this year called “The Happiness Diet: How Eating Real Food Will Build a Better Brain.”

The book’s new design elements were overseen by Nathalie Kirsheh, who joined Details this winter as design director, a new position at the title. The title’s Dossier section, which included interviews and short features, has been eliminated.

Details was down 1.4 percent in ad pages last year to 777, but the dip is a big leveling off after the 35.5 percent decline in 2009, according to Media Industry Newsletter figures. Still, the magazine has some heavy lifting to do in order to climb back to prerecession levels, when it sold 1,369 pages in 2007.

“If I’m really honest with you, I’d switched on auto pilot. But I’ve started to drive again and it feels good,” said Peres. Looking ahead, Details will launch a revamped Web site in April and an iPad app in September.
wwd.com

09-02-2011
fashion elite

oh wow! I love Details March cover!!!

09-02-2011
V.I.P.

I am really happy about this Details March cover, amazing!

10-02-2011
backstage pass

SHUT UPPPP
obsessed with this new and improved Details.

10-02-2011
trendsetter

Well-done cover! Very very eye-catching...

10-02-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Never had I been this excited for a Details issue yet! Amazing cover!

10-02-2011
tfs star

I don't like the massive "How to get the ideal body" above the title, but aside from that, I love it. In some ways, this is the most exciting turn for a men's fashion magazine in a loooooong time.

10-02-2011
V.I.P.

I like the cover, but... hm... Details is a new Attitude magazine...

10-02-2011
tfs star

^ How on earth did you come to that conclusion? Details + Men's Health = Attitude? I don't see it.

10-02-2011
V.I.P.

I thought that the world would've stopped turning before models appeared on the cover of an American male fashion magazine TBH.

10-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbang View Post
Details March 2011

wwd.com
Bigger

models.com

10-02-2011
fashion insider

^ I will buy 3000 copies!!!

10-02-2011
Mr. Magic

Everyone should send email, airmail, or twitter message for the Details crew to give them kudos with this. It's a high risk to put relatively unknown models from their demography on the March cover but they did! Now if this issue's not selling well, then maybe this is the first and the last time we see male models on the cover. SO, BUY BUY BUY, SHOP SHOP SHOP!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, magazine, men, official, thread