How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-07-2013
.my prison is your brain.

So GQ is hoping teenage girls will buy their One Direction covers and inflate their September selling statistic, LAME!

29-07-2013
tfs star

I was expected some bad things but One Direction's GQ covers aren't that bad. Louis' cover looks simply the best

30-07-2013
backstage pass

I mean they look pretty mature and chic on the cover. Niall got the best pose and coat though

30-07-2013
V.I.P.

Daily Mail

30-07-2013
fashion insider

^ Depressing.

30-07-2013
backstage pass

I don't have a problem with One Direction at all but i think these covers would have been more effective as full body shots, I just think the focus needs to be on the clothes and not so much on them.

I don't think any of them are facially attractive enough to have a close up cover like this...I know that sounds like an awful thing to say...but it' true! In their defense they are still young so maybe they'll grow into their looks. Right now they just look like pubescent teenagers.

...anyone else getting major homo-erotic vibes from that group shot? no? anyone?...just me? okay then!

31-07-2013
Mag Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackers79 View Post

source: esquire.co.uk
subs cover

esquire.co.uk

31-07-2013
V.I.P.

My newsstand today had 15 copies of GQ. All of which were Harry. I think it's safe to say GQ ordered a larger print run on some members than on others.

31-07-2013
less is more

I feel so embarrassed for GQ. It just shows how desperate they are, by being willing to put people so unrelated to their core sutomers on the cover. This might make them a bit of cash in the short time, but is this kind of strategy really worth it in the long run? Magazines should be trying to establish loyal readerships. Alienating their core readership with a cover story aimed at teenage girls is rather shortsighted. Virtually none of those girls will become a loyal GQ reader based on one issue unless there is guaranteed One Direction content every month. So silly.

31-07-2013
V.I.P.

One Direction's covers of GQ look incredibly depressing and far too serious. You could argue it's a different route for them to be photographed but I'm on the fence. They do, however, make perfect sense for a September issue. GQ have hit the nail on the head (in terms of sales) with this one.

Kate's cover and pictures from Esqurie do absolutely nothing for me, and normally I'm the first one to jump on the Kate Moss bandwagon. There's something about her eyes which isn't doing it for me here. They look small, dark and lifeless. Maybe it's the angles or lack of make-up? I do like everything else about the shoot, though - the background, the colouring and the styling. I won't be picking up a copy of this particular issue either - even as a Kate Moss fan.

31-07-2013
V.I.P.

It's irritating me that they are making a big deal of the fact she's 'lifted her lad's mag ban' and is being photographed for a men's magazine after x amount of years... she did Playboy? I'm sorry, but I would class that as a lad's mag!

31-07-2013
V.I.P.

^ Hahah they are running with this PR story, its everywhere, shame she looks so removed in the covers, she is simply not there! I have seen celebrity covers that had more presence, and punch than this, and she is a legendary model whose sole job is to sell, and present the image!

31-07-2013
Mag Master

.....and it doesn't get better

styled by Katy England

facebook/IntrepidLondon

31-07-2013
V.I.P.

Are you serious? I mean what can one say about a shot like that? Best nothing......

31-07-2013
V.I.P.

Kate's editorial is so dreary, she looks so bored and vacant in each shot. Over all it's a pretty uneventful September issue. GQ is the same, One Direction have a head shot each, reprinted from their covers, and the group shot doesn't even appear in there. So the fashion content of that is essentially 5 collars. GQ's lack of appreciate for actual fashion really does irritate me. If it isn't a suit, they don't want to know.

On another note, I've looked at GQ in around 7 places now, and it's all be wracks of Harry covers. I doubt they even printed all five to be honest.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, 2013, amitabh, august, bachchan, british, craig, england, esquire, gq, india, june, kapoor, kate, katy, magazine, mcdean, men, moss, official, september, sonam, thread, uk