How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-12-2013
Mr. Magic

GQ Japan February 2014

Facebook/GQ Japan

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

19-12-2013
backstage pass

^^ I don't think I have words for how terrible that is!

19-12-2013
tfs star

Wtf that GQ Japan??!, i'm ashamed if i were the EIC, presenting the cover just like that...oh come on!

19-12-2013
V.I.P.

lol thats terrible

19-12-2013
fashion insider

Is that a fan made? The cropping of Q is totally terrible

23-12-2013
V.I.P.

'GQ' Portugal - December 2013
Izabel, the Sexy Rebel

Quote:
No one does sexy like the Brazilians, and model Izabel Goulart is proof of that in the December cover story from GQ Portugal. The Brazilian babe gets clad in all black looks in these sizzling hot images lensed by Branislav Simoncik. Izabel rocks leather jackets, gold metallic embroidered pants and a bustier top styled by Jan Kralicek. For beauty, hair stylist Mirka Hajdova and makeup artist Nana Benjamin make sure the dark-haired stunner remains flawless.

fashiongonerogue.com

24-12-2013
Mr. Magic

L'Uomo Vogue December 2013

Quote:
“Once I’ve finished with Macbeth, I’ll take a long break from the theatre. There are a lot of other things I want to give space to in my life, starting with my children (ed: four of them, two with Uma Thurman and two with his second wife, Ryan Shawhughes)”. Such a pause would be quite a shift in behaviour in the so-far ultra-busy schedule of Ethan Hawke, who has often defined himself as “frenetic, constantly and chronically dissatisfied”.

The actor had his debut in cinema (starring in Explorers) at the age of 14, and in the 28 successive years has appeared in over 50 films, without counting the three films he directed, two books, a couple of scripts and an infinity of theatre performances. Next year will see the release in U.S. cinemas of a science-fiction thriller, Predestination and also of Cymbeline, a film version of Shakespeare’s play in contemporary key set in Brooklyn amidst rival drug gangs. This is being directed by Michael Almereyda, who had already directed Hawke in the grunge Hamlet of 2000 with the To be or not to be monologue declaimed in a Blockbuster.

Meanwhile, Hawke will already be working on the set of Regression by Alejandro Amenábar and a new film by Andrew Niccol, who had directed him in Gattaca. The Macbeth directed by Jack O’Brien, running until mid-January at the Vivian Beaumont Theater in New York has not wowed the American critics, unlike the earlier collaboration between the director and actor in The coast of Utopia, Tom Stoppard’s view of the birth of Russian revolutionary thinking told in a trilogy in which Hawke played the part of Michail Bakunin.

“Jack had already directed Macbeth at least six other times, I think. It’s natural that he would wish to give a personal interpretation, stressing a particular point of view. In this case, he focused on the role of the supernatural: the power of the witches, of superstition, is what we have brought to it. Believing in given things makes them real. As far as I am concerned, man’s demons are always interesting to explore. Do I feel myself more Macbeth or Hamlet? Everyone feels himself to be Hamlet at least at some point in his life”.

The actor claims a total mental autonomy with regard to the success or lack of it in his works: “My goal has always been creative freedom. The fact that some projects, like The coast of Utopia for instance, with its nine hours’ duration, have received extraordinary acclaim does not mean that others which have enjoyed lesser success have been less enriching or less involving from a personal point of view. Of course, Tom Stoppard is an extraordinary playwright, one who expands the borders of your way of thinking. But if I have to mention one particularly satisfying theatre performance, I would mention Hurlyburly’.

Born in Texas in 1970 to very young parents (“My mother was 18, although she hates my mentioning it as it automatically makes one think of a white trash context”), who separated when he was five, Hawke grew up with his mother. And it was she, who is now involved in the rights of Roms in Eastern European countries, who passed on to him a passion for books and a disregard for money. As a result, throughout the early phase of his career, Hawke favoured independent films, turning down what boded to be blockbusters and superhero roles (including Batman).

Between the age of 18 and 30, albeit perfectly bankable in Hollywood terms ever since the success of Dead poets society and White Fang, he opted for minor films like Ben Stiller’s Reality bites, Before sunrise, Gattaca and Great expectations by Alfonso Cuarón. These roles stuck to him, building up his identity of poster-boy of the X generation: romantic, idealistic, vulnerable, lacking in self-confidence in a world dominated by materialism.

With Before sunrise, he began a lasting collaboration with Richard Linklater which, on top of the two sequels to the romantic story begun in Vienna, also includes the chilling condemnation of the fast food industry, Fast food nation, and Tape, the film Hawke considers to be a point of non-return in his career, the project that made him aware of having reached a milestone in his development as actor “especially as it was released very soon after the confirmation of Training day”, Fuqua’s police thriller that saw him an Oscar candidate in 2002. This maturity is something he felt he attained in directing only later: “In 2010 I staged A lie of the mind by Sam Shepard, a writer with whom I feel a deep affinity. It was on that occasion that I finally felt myself an adult as a director”. Hawke observes that “working with Linklater has for the first time made me feel as though I were part of a band”, to the point that the scripts for Before sunrise and Before midnight are a joint project by three writers: the director and the two protagonists, who were collectively nominated for the Oscar in 2005 for the script of Before sunset.

Between Before sunset and Midnight run, and with the exception of Before the devil knows you’re dead by Lumet, Hawke appeared in a series of unmemorable films, from the vampire-filled Daybreakers to the horror film The purge. He explains his choice of “genre films as a fun way to be artistic and commercial at the same time as there are only few independent films of any substance”.
vogue.it

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

24-12-2013
fashion icon

THE YEAR IN ESQUIRE COVERS
from esquire.com

I haven't seen this one of Clooney before:

24-12-2013
trendsetter

Did anyone else who got GQ's January issue notice the paper quality went WAY down? The paper on the cover wasn't any thicker or glossier than the inside pages and they all felt really apt to tear.

Last edited by KINGofVERSAILLES; 24-12-2013 at 03:16 PM.

25-12-2013
front row

GQ China January 2014

weibo/gqcomcn

26-12-2013
scenester

For the GQ Japan cover...

It's Christel Takigawa. She is a Japanese television announcer and news presenter.
She gave a presentation to the IOC in Buenos Aires in 2013 in English and French. Tokyo won the Olympic Games of 2020, so they're very excited about it.
She is the women of the year in Japan that's for sure.

But I still disagree with this cover !

29-12-2013
V.I.P.

US GQ January 2014
Pack Heat
Photo Carter Smith
Models Marlon Teixeira & Bar Paly
Hair Ken O'Rourke
Makeup Tesa Alamillo

My scans

30-12-2013
V.I.P.

UK Esquire February 2014 : Lily Allen

Thetimes.co.uk

30-12-2013
trendsetter

I love Lily Allen, but what the heck is going on with her hair? Also, these "sexy" poses somehow feel a bit cheep after her most recent song.

30-12-2013
fashion insider

^ I was going to say the exact same thing. Way to undermine everything she's been singing about since the start of her career.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, #6, magazine, men, official, thread