The Official Men's Magazine Thread #8 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-01-2016
fashion icon

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymore View Post
GQ US February 2016
Photographer: Ben Watts
Celebrity/Model: Cristiano Ronaldo & Alessandra Ambrosio
Hair: Zaiya Latt
Makeup: Carolina Gonzales
HQs

photocouture-show.com

Last edited by pellucid; 17-01-2016 at 05:42 AM.
16-01-2016
V.I.P.

To me this spread just makes the rumors about him being gay all the more real. Even with a beautiful woman hanging on his arm his mannerisms are not that of a straight man.

16-01-2016
tfs star

While I believe the rumors myself, these photos would never do anything to sway my opinion either way. He's behaving as instructed, neither he nor Alessandra are serving overt sexuality in these photos, it's more just two hot people wearing next-to-nothing and flaunting their bodies for the camera, not for each other. They're not even looking at one another in any of the photos. Maybe they didn't get along? Or maybe they were told not to? I dunno. Besides, not all straight men have the same mannerisms. Lots of straight European and Latin American guys have mannerisms that in other parts of the world would be seen as "flamboyant" or "effeminate".

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Piece Of Me] View Post
You know what I love about that cover; the fact that both the male and the female are only wearing underwear. Usually with this kind of covers, you see a fully clothed male with a half naked woman.
Other than that, the cover and editorial are beyond tacky and do not interest me at all. I seriously cannot believe I used to think he was hot when I was younger.
I agree, it's nice to see the male putting his pound of flesh in the game instead of it just being the woman.

It's nice seeing Alessandra anywhere, I miss the Brazilian wave of models. As for Cristiano, he is by no means ugly but he is rather cheesy hot. I see him as a millennial Fabio.

tfs star

Despite his physical “perfection”, he’s so neutered-looking to me— like a plastic Ken doll.

I sense he’s gay, but it’s s shame for whatever reasons— most likely business, he’s not out. I’m sure once he retires from this very high-profile career, he’ll come out: Isn’t that the pattern with all of them…?

16-01-2016
you soft and only

Quote:
You know what I love about that cover; the fact that both the male and the female are only wearing underwear. Usually with this kind of covers, you see a fully clothed male with a half naked woman.
Other than that, the cover and editorial are beyond tacky and do not interest me at all. I seriously cannot believe I used to think he was hot when I was younger.
That's a good point, and it *is* sort of refreshing how they look like they're having fun. :lol:

17-01-2016
V.I.P.

I just hate his face

fashion insider

can't stand this douche,but I'll buy that issue because it's one of the best GQ's cover in a while and Ale looks smashing

17-01-2016
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxxx View Post
can't stand this douche,but I'll buy that issue because it's one of the best GQ's cover in a while and Ale looks smashing
Which douche do you use?! Lol jk

24-01-2016
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
To me this spread just makes the rumors about him being gay all the more real. Even with a beautiful woman hanging on his arm his mannerisms are not that of a straight man.
But what exactly are the mannerisms of a straight man? Or what are the mannerisms of a gay man? That's mostly based on clichés which the world uses to put people in a box. Not every straight man acts the same, nor does every gay man.

I frankly couldn't care less if Christiano is gay/straight/bi or anything in between. And I also don't understand why the media always likes to speculate about it. If he is indeed gay, it's up to him to come out whenever he is ready to do so.

24-01-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
But what exactly are the mannerisms of a straight man? Or what are the mannerisms of a gay man? That's mostly based on clichés which the world uses to put people in a box. Not every straight man acts the same, nor does every gay man.

I frankly couldn't care less if Christiano is gay/straight/bi or anything in between. And I also don't understand why the media always likes to speculate about it. If he is indeed gay, it's up to him to come out whenever he is ready to do so.
I in no way said all straight men have certain mannerisms or all gay men have certain mannerisms.

But I'm not going to lie and say that I don't get vibes from people that reveal clues to their sexuality.

I agree, who cares, doesn't really matter. But he loves attention and has let his personal life play out for the media in the past, so of course people are going to continue to speculate about it.

29-01-2016
backstage pass

1 of 4: Derek Zoolander for Esquire UK March
Wearing Louis Vuitton SS/16

Zoolander via instagram

MON
V.I.P.

Why is he everywhere? Why is this film such a big deal? I see it everywhere.

29-01-2016
V.I.P.

Because it's so fashion-involved, people find it amusing. Half the 'fashion world' will have cameos in in the film I'm sure.

29-01-2016
backstage pass

Xabi Alonso (footballer) for GQ Spain February 2016
Photographer: Richard Ramos
Stylism: Joana de la Fuente

exvagos.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#7, #8, 2016, alas, antonin, april, art, boy, collection, emma, esquire, ey, gq, hanks, july, kardashian, kim, magazine, marcus, men, mert, official, pfeiffer, piggot, streiber, thread, tom, uk, volume, walter, watson, wittwer