How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-02-2008
teenage dream.

as tina fey said, she's still finding new ways to look old.

28-02-2008
tfs star

Quote:
She said it to Lindsay?

28-02-2008
teenage dream.

about. on snl.

trendsetter

I think its cute... but why bother hiring a photographer when it looks straight out of lastnightsparty

28-02-2008
tfs star

Quote:
OMG i saw that...lol
Quote:
I like it because when I got to the legs, I remembered an unkind comment that a man once made to a redhead friend, about her skin sometimes resembling a plucked chicken. So yay for real legs making a proud and pale appearance on the front of a cover somewhere.
your friend should've kicked him in the you know what

28-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |PerfectTonight| View Post
I really love the layout, whether new or old. Lindsay has a great range in her facial expressions.
i think Julia Roitfeld had done one new for them....
but i'm not sure she works on this particular one....

28-02-2008
backstage pass

"I am what I am" -yeah gross is what you are.

28-02-2008
trendsetter

found the same yesterday on papers myspace... i just have NO IDEA what Lindsay is promoting 0_o. her "sobriety"?

Rhoda Addict

can't believe Lohan is doing so many editorials, it's horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28-02-2008
V.I.P.

what a trashy cover (in a good way I guess)

28-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Petrovsky View Post
"I am what I am" -yeah gross is what you are.
AKA Long Island White Trash.

28-02-2008
rising star

Oh hey, she's wearing clothes!

28-02-2008
fashion elite

^

Very bad cover. Her make up is terrible!! Her legs looks extrange. The pic on cover looks like she was caughted by a papparazi after party.

I agree with spiceboy, she must be promoting her sobriety

Thanks for the pics MMA

29-02-2008
tfs star

Quote:

Lindsay Lohan is sneaking a cigarette at a banquette by the pool of the Beverly Hills Hotel, flicking her ashes under the table. It's the worst thing anyone is going to catch the 21-year-old actress doing these days, aside from the previous night's 4 a.m. binge -- on cake, that is, a Duncan Hines Angel Food special she baked and frosted herself.

"I was in the kitchen like a little animal," she admits, curling her lip in mild disgust. "It's so good, I should throw it out."

As we all know, Lohan is a girl who likes her vices, but after a year scarred with yet another car accident (her fourth since 2005), three stays in rehab, and 84 minutes in jail, she seems genuinely ready to mellow out, clean up, and, most importantly, get back to work. Far spookier for her than plowing her Mercedes into a bush on Sunset Boulevard, apparently, is being absent from a movie set since she starred in the universally panned horror flick I Know Who Killed Me, released last summer.

"Right now I just want to find a great script, a great role," says Lohan with palpable urgency in her voice. "I was so used to working and working and working, and for a good few months there was nothing for me to do. Now I know what it's like to be an out-of-work actor, and how much it scares me." Fear and safety are recurring themes in conversation with the Long Island native, who recently traded her Beverly Hills apartment for a furnished house in West Hollywood (a move she says signifies "settling down"). We are meeting in the confines of this plush pink hotel, where Lohan lived while she was house hunting, because it makes her feel "very safe, which is nice." When she leaves the grounds, however, she knows the paparazzi will be right on her tail. As do most in the business who are hounded daily by the press, Lohan concedes that it comes with the celebrity territory, but says, "Some days I just want to have my day and not have to deal. This morning I got in the car and I was like, not today. It's a job in itself... and I'm the last person who feels that I need to get photographed." She turns to her assistant Jenni Munro. "I'm gonna go home after this and just lock myself in my house and lay down for a minute."

In the evening, Lohan will be attending the premiere of the monster movie Cloverfield, her first Hollywood red-carpet appearance in months. As we talk, a friend of hers is running around town, pulling clothes for her to choose from (she'll end up wearing a black Hervé Léger cocktail dress). She's also borrowed a diamond necklace and a platinum mesh bracelet studded with diamonds for the occasion.

"I put this necklace on for tonight," says Lohan of the string of bling around her neck, "so I won't take it off because I'm too scared. Usually I'm a bit more understated," she adds with a chuckle. The avowed fashionista is dressed in her current "uniform" of black leggings (which, incidentally, are their own subtopic on fashion and pop-culture blogs), worn with a black-and-white tunic, a tissue-thin leather jacket from Jenni Kayne, Chanel sunglasses and buckled Chloé booties. The diamonds, while obviously worth a pretty penny, don't seem particularly out of place, so the admission is kind of cute: Even Lindsay Lohan worries about losing borrowed jewels! But then she confesses that earlier in the day she'd come upon a different diamond necklace, a random birthday gift she'd tucked into a Chanel bag more than a year ago and completely forgotten about.

Munro, who used to work for Christina Aguilera, smiles: "Like finding a twenty in your pants."

In the spotlight since the age of three, Lohan seemed to make the transition effortlessly from a freckle-faced Disney tween to the glamorous teen starlet who was still down-to-earth enough to pull off the role of the nice, smart one in Mean Girls. Back then she said in interviews that she took the part because she was worried her "fan base" would think she was "mean" if she played the Queen Bee. But while her co-star Rachel McAdams followed up Mean Girls with the major box office hit The Notebook, Lohan made an unfortunate return to Disney with Herbie Fully Loaded. Joining the cast of Robert Altman's A Prairie Home Companion could have been a great career move if her off-screen antics hadn't suddenly eclipsed her onscreen work. By the time a producer of Georgia Rule publicly denounced her unprofessional behavior in July 2006, Lohan had some nasty habits that a couple weeks at Promises in Malibu weren't going to cure. It basically took most of the past year for Lohan to sort through what she calls the "wreckage"; ultimately she had to leave Los Angeles, seeking treatment for two months at the Cirque Lodge in Sundance, Utah. Of the drive behind her seemingly unlimited capacity for partying, Lohan says, "I had a lot going on in my life and that was a way of hiding from it. I hadn't seen my dad [her father, Michael, spent two years in jail on DUI and other charges]; I had a lot of work stress 'cause I was constantly working and never took time to stop. Everything was go-go-go, and the easiest thing was to run away from it, going out and drinking at night. You know, you don't have to think when you let go sometimes." She takes a sip of iced tea. "But I didn't realize it was getting in the way of my work -- what I've worked for my whole life."

Such a level-headed analysis sounds less like rehab speak than the hard-won realizations of someone who's done a lot of thinking. The actress, who has the word "breathe" tattooed on her wrist in white ink, rolls her eyes. "There's not really much else to do when you're sitting in a treatment center. It's like, 'Why am I here? Let's think.'"

Since then Lohan has reconciled with her father ("which is good for my whole family; it's healthy," says the eldest of four), and she asserts that her wild days were simply a phase. "I wasn't even twenty-one years old. It was like my college years. And it was just... all photographed."

Indeed, imagine the typical college frat boy pulling similar stunts, and who's shocked anymore? For that matter, who hasn't passed out in the front seat of a car while a friend drove them home? This isn't to say that Lohan's behavior deserves defending, but the vilification of her by the media is equally out of control. Even a "reputable" publication like Entertainment Weekly ran a tabloid-worthy story on the death of her career; Blender, meanwhile, predicted that Lohan herself would be dead by 2010. When she traveled to Capri in December, the whole world knew that she'd taken a swig of champagne on New Year's Eve (a slip that was unfortunately captured on video), but virtually no one realized that one day earlier, this glamorous city's film festival had honored the actress for her contributions to cinema (other award honorees included Vanessa Redgrave and Faye Dunaway).

Lohan claims she is sober now, and when asked whether she wants to be or if she feels she has to be, responds, "I never feel like I have to do anything. I wouldn't be if I didn't want to be. It suits me." To borrow a term she uses to describe Ann-Margret, one of her idols, Lohan is a "tough cookie." Toward would-be directors or producers who might have reservations about hiring her, she's unapologetic: "I am what I am. They either want to take a chance or they don't, is how I see it."

Watching her turn it on for Jeremy Scott's camera a few days later during a shoot inspired by Ayn Rand's architecture-meets-ego novel The Fountainhead, it's clear that any traces of the squeaky-clean teen from Freaky Friday are long gone. Wearing a gown by Scott that is slit to the thigh, Lohan claws at the cage of a construction elevator dangling over the city. Smoldering in the bright L.A. sun, she is every inch the movie star. "To me, Lindsay is the most postmodern actress there is," says her good friend Scott, "because she's got all these little bits and pieces of great actresses that have come before her... You could liken her to Elizabeth Taylor in that sense: someone who started very young, and it's all still unfolding. There's so much that's going to come from her that we haven't seen."

In Alfonso Arau's Dare to Love Me she'll be flaunting some newly acquired tango skills, and she's also planning to tour behind her third album, which she just started recording in Los Angeles. "I wanna dance, I wanna do the whole thing," says Lohan, whose husky rendition of "Frankie and Johnny" was a surprise highlight of A Prairie Home Companion.

Most important to her, though, is finding "wonderful characters that really say something and make a difference on all levels." Lohan knows the choices she makes this year are crucial -- for they'll define her direction for the future -- but she's also enjoying the freedom afforded by a clean slate. "It's refreshing to start new," she notes.

Although she dropped out of John Maybury's Dylan Thomas biopic, losing the opportunity to get it on with Keira Knightley (the part went to Sienna Miller), Lohan has been talking with the director about a possible Clara Bow project. Comparisons to the original It Girl -- herself a troubled tabloid fixture -- are obvious, and Lohan says it would be "an honor" to play the Brooklyn-born silent-film star. In fact, she's already portrayed Bow once before, in a fashion editorial shot by Karl Lagerfeld. "I definitely relate to a lot of the things that she went through," says Lohan. "Not with her family [Bow's mother didn't want her to be an actress, comparing the profession to prostitution], but the trials and tribulations of Hollywood, to an extent."

Also on Lohan's wish list is a remake of 1964's Kitten with a Whip, the Ann-Margret cult classic that's one of Lohan's personal favorites; last year she met with David O. Russell about an existing script. "I think it should happen," she says hopefully. "All within time. I have patience."

In the meantime, she's been auditioning for some big hush-hush projects; one a starring vehicle with Johnny Depp, another an ensemble piece for which she'd have to go back to being a redhead (Lohan doesn't like to wear wigs). She's also hoping to do some charity work with children in Kenya. But, she wants it known, this trip to Africa will be no media-op: "I'd like to go under the radar, that's my goal. I don't want to go and bring the whole scene with me; that's not what I would be going for." Before any of it happens, though, it appears she'll have to face some life-and-death situations on a more local level, doing community service at an L.A. morgue as part of her DUI sentence. "It's scary, but it's something I have to do," she says resignedly of the news announced that day. Lighting another cigarette, Lohan gives a wry laugh. "It'll be good if I need to use it in a role."

Outtakes

Source: LocationLohan

29-02-2008
front row

This poor girl is stuck under a microscope, and it's ruining her! But the worst part is ... she's enjoying it. I really used to like her.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, jeremy, lindsay, lohan, march, paper, scott