POP #37 F/W 2017.18 : Alek, Brooke, Carolyn, Lulu & Malgosia - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewak View Post
Nb LOVIN LULU!!! Her first 4 covers (Steven Meisel, Harley Weir x2, Charlotte Wales) better than Kate's first 4???
Eh, easy there! I know it's subjective, but really? Better than Kate Moss' first 4 covers? This girl lack range, I'm sorry. She's more on the Lottie Moss level for me - beautiful but not engaging enough. Also, the photographers you've mentioned (except Harley Weir) are known to bring the best out of anyone no matter how new or seasoned. So I wouldnt credit her at all .........

4 Weeks Ago
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewak View Post
Nb LOVIN LULU!!! Her first 4 covers (Steven Meisel, Harley Weir x2, Charlotte Wales) better than Kate's first 4???
No, it's not better than Kate's first 4 covers nor than Kate's early career. Actually The Face had a similar following (or maybe even bigger) than today's Pop.

The only reason why people compare her to Kate is because of the early Calvin Klein contract. That is the ONLY thing they have in common (that and probably starting age). Kate's modelling skills when she was 16 were way above the dullness Lulu is presenting cover after cover. Kate's work with Corinne Day was far superior to anything Lulu is doing.

And while Kate was actually a changing point in model casting, contrasting with the bombshells of the time, Lulu is pretty much average looking for our current model standard. Even Lara Stone was more groundbreaking when she signed for CK. The equivalent to her, today and speaking of CK contracts, would be a 17 year old plus-sized model.

And this is coming from someone that isn't a fan of Kate.

everything sucks!

Every other model is called the "next Kate Moss." Remember the Audrey Marnay-lookalike who fronted Jil Sander about a decade ago? She was also called "the next Kate Moss." I don't think she's in the business anymore.

4 Weeks Ago
windowshopping

I loved the third cover! Charlotte is amazing

4 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

Brooke Shields also has a cover photographed by Charlotte Wales

4 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

Oh I'm absolutely gagging over Brooke's cover!

4 Weeks Ago
everything sucks!

I like the little Brooke in the POP logo

4 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

Alek Wek by Harley Weir

4 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

Oh, I think it's kind of cool that they also have Brooke Shields. Make sense why Lulu was recreating her pose and etc.

Too many covers for my liking tho. It should have been only Brooke's and Lulu's third cover. The othes are unnecessary (and not so good, imo)

I wonder if Kate Moss and Lara Stone also has a cover. jk That would be kind of fun.

4 Weeks Ago
front row

The Brooke Shields is perfection

I don't mind multiple covers when they're this good!

4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Wow, the Alek cover...not what I expected. It's very severe. I don't even think that's her real skintone actually.

4 Weeks Ago
trendsetter

4 Weeks Ago
front row

Just thinking about the different covers.....

If they didn't do a few they couldn't tell these stories about Lulu / Brooke, about Raf and Raf's Calvin.....

The team at Pop look like they've really thought it through and engaged with some ideas. You can see from the words on these covers that they're provoking us to think and respond and enjoy the FUN

I was actually joking about Kate Moss and her first 4 covers btw

4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

I must say the Calvin Klein concept looks cool and Brooke's cover is one of the best I've seen since Kaia's cover, but haven't we seen CK extensively already in ID? Is Raf buying out all the indies, most likely due to his 'youth' direction? I'm slowly growing weary of this collection and it's not even October yet.

Last edited by Benn98; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:16 PM.
4 Weeks Ago
front row

I know what you're saying B98. It is the biggest story of the season though, so inevitable.....

I guess that's why I like the Raf story being more fully developed and rounded-out here. The Rick Owens content excites me too

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#37, alek, brooke, carolyn, f or w, harley, lulu, luly, malgosia, pop, shields, weir, wek