POP #38 S/S 2018 : Cindy Crawford, Stella Tennant & Hiandra Martinez - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines

19-02-2018
fashion insider

You know even though Iím aware that a lot of these people look nothing like this or that anymore as long as the end product is good I could care less. I want Vintage Kate Moss forever. I donít care for the real one.

19-02-2018
backstage pass

cover in HQ

charlottemwales.tumblr.com

20-02-2018
everything sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Stylin View Post
stunning covers and i agree thats what indy looks like, when you look at the image carefuly you can tell that its not even that retouched.

pic people

]
Sure but when you give her good makeup and flattering lighting and angle, she does photograph like she does on the cover

20-02-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
Sure but when you give her good makeup and flattering lighting and angle, she does photograph like she does on the cover
Makeup and lighting definitely play a huge role. For models of all ages.

V.I.P.

I must admit that I've been getting quite shocked by the amount of hate and negativity on this forum in general.

Since when do we expect the fashion industry to be the most honest in the world? The significant chunk of it is based on vanity. Sorry to break it to you but not much of it is art.

However, I am even more shocked by the backlash that Cindy has got for getting this cover. POP is still a small magazine considering its public impact or outreach. I don't get what's the fuss? The industry has been airbrushing models of all ages for years. Cindy looks amazing for whatever age and I don't understand why are people surprised that she looks fabulous on the cover? Kate Moss, adored by this forum, has been airbrushed to death for the last 10 or more years and she didn't get half as much hate for it (do we dislike her images because they were airbrushed? - not really!). Yet, Cindy almost 10 years senior looks better.

Whatever you think of Cindy, she has a huge legacy behind her. She was one of the muses of Herb Ritts for God's sake, one of the most iconic photographers who enjoyed and still enjoys more notoriety than many of your favourites. His work is more memorable and adored than of the others and on many of these images, Cindy is the subjects.

So, let's chill and if we are looking for the industries that are based on the objective reflection of the facts and ideas than look further and far beyond than fashion.

Last edited by KissMiss; 20-02-2018 at 05:06 AM.

20-02-2018
don't look down

Although if we're living in a world where fashion magazines have decided to present themselves as 'feminist' and 'representative' and all that guff they fill their pages with, it's not too much to ask for them to follow that up through their imagery.

Me, I'm quite content with fashion magazines being a land of fantasy, but the moment they try to sell themselves as something other than that, they had better back that up.

This might not be POP's particular problem, as they seem to sell themselves as a publication that explores the arty or abstract side of fashion in a light-hearted way.

But still, I can see why people get sick of magazines in general saying one thing about how to view women, then contradicting themselves with the image behind the coverlines.

backstage pass

the posters

in my opinion they are both truly lame

20-02-2018
backstage pass

Charlotte Wales consistently delivers stellar work, which is perfectly fine without the addition of these unnecessary mother and daughter posters. What demographic are they aiming for with those - 12 year olds from 2005? POP is far too good of a magazine to have to rely on gimmicks like this; concentrate on the CONTENT please!

20-02-2018
V.I.P.

I love that Cindy is drinking Pepsi in her poster. Such a nice call back.

21-02-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
Although if we're living in a world where fashion magazines have decided to present themselves as 'feminist' and 'representative' and all that guff they fill their pages with, it's not too much to ask for them to follow that up through their imagery.

Me, I'm quite content with fashion magazines being a land of fantasy, but the moment they try to sell themselves as something other than that, they had better back that up.

This might not be POP's particular problem, as they seem to sell themselves as a publication that explores the arty or abstract side of fashion in a light-hearted way.

But still, I can see why people get sick of magazines in general saying one thing about how to view women, then contradicting themselves with the image behind the coverlines.
Extremely well put!

I think I prefer the second cover! The focus isn't on her face. It's what I'd like to see on Vogue Paris, quite frankly it doesn't belong on POP. The s

21-02-2018
fashion elite

21-02-2018
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
I love that Cindy is drinking Pepsi in her poster. Such a nice call back.
Pop have a knack for doing a nod to the past without it feeling too campy or trite. Their last issue with Brooke Shields was also a nice little homage.

21-02-2018
front row

This Hiandra cover!!! The best yet!!!

And more Stella - "in the Borders in Chanel and Bulgari... Sport de Campagne..."

I know we always argue Ben98 but why do you want to try put POP in some convenient pocket when, as I've told you before, it clearly leads French Vogue, Italian Vogue on both ideas and talent... And it's actually more commercial in its clever way.... "Death of Hypebeast!" I'm ready.....

21-02-2018
fashion elite

dailymail.co.uk

21-02-2018
scenester

Do we know if there is a limited edition cover for this issue?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#38, 2018, charlotte, cindy, crawford, hiandra, martinez, pop, s or s, stella, tennant, wales