How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-09-2009
front row

Ive kinda been avoiding this thread because of the cover but i was missing out! The Channels ed is absolutely stunning, such beautiful colours.

01-09-2009
trendsetter

I really like the result! there's probably many things to improve but I can't forget I was a bit sceptical at the begining, just after knowing dasha would be the the editor-in chief... but you can see the change in everything, specially in the contents, POP has "grown-up" still being focused on pop-related culture...

regarding the issue of Tavi Williams in the cover, I must say that I don't agree 100% with it, my main concern is that she's too young to be involved in something that big... (but she isn't the only one, There are plenty of underaged models, actresses, singers that I think they should better enjoy their youth outside of the cameras...) However nowadays, Tavi is probably the ultimate indie pop icon! and the choice seems perfect for the new stage of pop magazine.

front row

The Aspen Players (Part 1)
Models: Hannelore Knut and Iekeliene Stange
Photographer: Shona Heath

scanned in by me

01-09-2009
front row

(... continued)

The Aspen Players (Part 2)
Models: Hannelore Knut and Iekeliene Stange
Photographer: Shona Heath

I think thats all the eds scanned in? I'm still reading through it but I'll have another look.

scanned in by me

01-09-2009
trendsetter

Thank you fearless123 for all the great scans.

It's a beautiful issue but POP forgot that this magazine is also bought by men who also enjoy to see a male fashion editorial. I'm wondering, with such a talent like Simon Foxton as fashion editor, why they have not included at least one male editorial.

01-09-2009
don't look down

I saw this today, and with the abundant inserts and endless content, it looked like a good read - and the two Tavi covers were available in equal measures.

Never mind Dasha and her connections, looking at this, sometimes I got the sense of "The Face on fashion steroids", so I wonder how much of what's marvellous is due to Ashley Heath.

I didn't buy it because I met someone I hadn't seen for two years while standing there, but the only thing which disappointed me was that the glitter logo didn't really contain any real glitter. I get the feeling that if I bought this, for every image I didn't like, there'd be something on the next page which would make up for it.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Thank you fearless123 for all the great scans.

It's a beautiful issue but POP forgot that this magazine is also bought by men who also enjoy to see a male fashion editorial. I'm wondering, with such a talent like Simon Foxton as fashion editor, why they have not included at least one male editorial.
Absolutely !!!

01-09-2009
V.I.P.

I used to buy Pop previously, but it was always just because of my magazine addiction and sometimes, I'd like odd bits in each issue. I got this issue today and think it's a brillianty buy.

I love all the mixed paper types, the different sizes of the papers, the design of things, the shoots, everything. You can tell there's so much thought gone into the magazine as a whole. It's certainly the best £5 I've spent in a while.

01-09-2009
Fat Karl

I can't wait to see the Rodarte editorial! The preview looks incredible, and I can only imagine the Yellowstone landscape will look stunning. While I certainly liked the FW 09 collection on the runway, it's been the individual pieces in print that have convinced me how beautiful and well designed the clothes are. They just photograph so incredibly well...all the textures and textiles read beautifully on paper.

fashion insider

McQueezy mentioned a male ed in his review...

Quote:
Spring Preview/Made on Saturn by Ronald Dick. Preview of S/S '10 menswear with Ivan Solicari.

02-09-2009
V.I.P.

The Rodarte feature is the only thing I'm a little dissapointed with. The ed is great, but the text that accompanies it is the Rodarte girls interviewing three scientists about stem cell research.. While it's certainly different, I'd have liked something about/questions to the girls themselves also.

02-09-2009
windowshopping

Thank you fearless123! These scans will satiate me for a while as I undoubtably won't be finding this magazine in my hometown.

Also excited for the Rodarte ed. It's definately an interesting swing.

V.I.P.

That shot of Iekeline in a D&Gdress and Hannelore in a black Dolce tuxedo is absolutely to die for

Last edited by mikel; 02-09-2009 at 05:04 AM.
02-09-2009
V.I.P.

I am very very impressed...this is actually good and I'd take it over LOVE any day!

But...this is the first issue under Dasha...this makes me wait for the second one and hope it's just as great or even better!

02-09-2009
backstage pass

I haven't seen such a packed mag in ages, I'm really glad that Pop turned out to be this good under Dasha!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, artwork, damien, fall or winter, hirst, pop, tavi, williams