How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
I like that they got Hirst, but it does not appeal to me, as bad as LOVE's attempt.I do not care for these kids, sorry!
I like it better than LOVE but I agree, are there no better options than these children?? I could think of some great cover choices, especially if commercial selling isn't a huge deal.

Emma Nygren runs a better fashion blog, I'm not so impressed by Tavi's.

Last edited by LUXXX; 17-08-2009 at 07:07 PM.

17-08-2009
fashion insider

I think that Tavi kid is seriously creepy. I still do not know if this cover is a good idea... but not something i would buy anyway.

17-08-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueParisLover View Post
Thanks ksmslo!

My reaction:
catnipss88 from fashin
Let me just allow myself to take this moment to throw in my reaction to be charming and cute and whatnot:

Tavi's blog, Edited by me
And I do not jest.

Mr. Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
Oh god... it couldn't be any worse than what they do to her on FASHINFAGS!

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
17-08-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefingers View Post
What? Guys, come on. Fashion blogging is expanding beyond the borders of their websites, reeling into the fashion world itself. When blogs get this big, there comes a line you cross with exploitation you shouldn't cross, but this is by no means it. Take a look at all of these obscenely popular blogs of girls and women alike in conventional clothing, using their success as a marketing and advertising ploy for large clothing franchises; for example, insinuating you purchase item x so the large corporate honchos will give it to them to wear for free. Tavi has by no means crossed that line. She is a young girl with an opinion on fashion, at a time when fashion is being expanded into a cultural and societal epidemic, with the internet being a major instigator. She dresses the way she feels and embraces her idiosyncrasies. She is a style icon of sorts, merely because she wears things which some of us frankly don't have the balls to wear, regardless of age. She is fierce beyond all measures. So why shouldn't she be on the cover of this magazine? She is an inspiration, no matter her age. If I saw the brilliant Susie Bubble, the only other blogger I consider on terms with Tavi's improvisational outfit skills, on the front of POP I would be saying the exact same thing.

Furthermore, I agree with others have said: she has much more reason to be on this cover than a generic actress, singer or model. There would be much less of a fuss if it was one of them because we are so used to seeing women and men with those labels in the public eye. POP isn't even a widely known magazine. I'd understand if Tavi was a magazine considered more for the general public, but it isn't. Plus, like I said, fashion blogging has blown up to extraordinary heights in the past few years; you're probably going to have to get used to seeing them on the cover of obscure fashion magazines. 'Fashion blogs' are probably most fashion-obsessed individuals source of style inspirations nowadays. I'm sure everyone on these forums reads at least one fashion blog a day, if not every so often.

Lastly, I honestly don't know what most of you have with this blogger in particular, if you think she's pretentious or overrated or whatever, but regardless. She is an inspiration in fashion and you all know it. She deserves the cover.
Amen. Couldn't have said it better myself.

17-08-2009
User Friendly

okie dokie. Does anyone know the contents of the magazine?

17-08-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefingers View Post
Lastly, I honestly don't know what most of you have with this blogger in particular, if you think she's pretentious or overrated or whatever, but regardless. She is an inspiration in fashion and you all know it. She deserves the cover.
Inspiration? She's child, who the hell is inspired by what a child wears? A lot of us liked playing "dress up" but no one till now had the brilliant idea to take us seriously and actually think that he made some nice combinations. Her blog is totally pointless, because she simply can't wear the clothes, it's just a child dressing as an adult, the clothes simply do not fit her, they are not made for children, so she is always horribly dressed. I cringe when I see the kid in high heels, or thinking about buying some heels, it gives me the creeps, does she take those outside? My mother would kill me if I decided, not that it ever crossed my mind, to wear high heels at that age, and I wouldn't allow my kid to wear them also. It's all to freakish in that blog.

17-08-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasmslo View Post
Let me just allow myself to take this moment to throw in my reaction to be charming and cute and whatnot:
Tavi's blog, Edited by me
And I do not jest.
So I guess that would put me to the left?

17-08-2009
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Inspiration? She's child, who the hell is inspired by what a child wears? A lot of us liked playing "dress up" but no one till now had the brilliant idea to take us seriously and actually think that he made some nice combinations. Her blog is totally pointless, because she simply can't wear the clothes, it's just a child dressing as an adult, the clothes simply do not fit her, they are not made for children, so she is always horribly dressed. I cringe when I see the kid in high heels, or thinking about buying some heels, it gives me the creeps, does she take those outside? My mother would kill me if I decided, not that it ever crossed my mind, to wear high heels at that age, and I wouldn't allow my kid to wear them also. It's all to freakish in that blog.
In one way it's more fun to have a preteen dressing up than a 20-something star pretending they're a 12 yo playing dress-up....

17-08-2009
tfs star

The cover is more interesting than LOVE, imo. But the font is bugging me.

17-08-2009
!

um, who the hell is tavi williams?

17-08-2009
fashion insider

Her blog:
http://tavi-thenewgirlintown.blogspot.com

17-08-2009
backstage pass

I feel like I'm now flooding this thread, but how ridiculously hilarious is it that someone with the username "Rodarte" responds in this thread with with such a comment? If that isn't irony please tell me what is.
+ Anyone who honestly takes the casual blogging world seriously really is just far beyond me. Good god why must people make such simple things so militaristic.

17-08-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Again you're pertaining to the 'childish naivety' stereotype that comes along with a young age. Do you even read the blog? I don't know if it's common for most bloggers, let alone someone you keep pertaining to as a 'child' (she can also be referred to as girl/human/individual/living being/whatever) to consider taking inspiration from and even successfully emulating the mood of certain collections with deliberation. And there's nothing abstruse about where her outfit's inspiration came from, either. She'll point out one day she felt like channelling CdG's most recent RTW collection or whatever the case might be, and you can immediately see the connection between both. Also, I really think it's unfair that you're comparing playing 'dress-up' as a child (which I'm sure pertains to that Be A Princess box set you had as a nine year old that contained a tutu and a plastic tiara) to what she's doing. And, really, you're saying she's dressed horribly because of her posture? Posture has absolutely nothing to do with the clothes themselves. You're on a forum regarding fashion, not chiropractic care.

This girl has found a hobby of sorts that she's good at and somethings coming out of it. Being a successful blogger is like being a successful artist, singer, pianist, etc. Eventually something will come out of it. You're not just going to remain in the dark as you become more and more renowned.

God, I don't even know the girl. It's just the fact that everyone being so opposed to this for no truly logistical reason just ticked me off a bit.

And LOL @ person who said someone like Rumi or a blogger with as much renowned mainstream success should have been on the cover. Next you'll be telling me Coldplay's the greatest band ever.

But yeah, anyways, I'm done. Arguing on the internet is the most utterly pointless thing in possibly all of existence.

Last edited by Treefingers; 17-08-2009 at 11:59 PM.
18-08-2009
backstage pass

Kids should NOT be on adult fashion magazines. I don't care if they have a blog or even a fashion line I personally don't want to see kids on my fashion mags. I realize that may sound closed-minded but I have to draw the line somewhere

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, artwork, damien, fall or winter, hirst, pop, tavi, williams