How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-08-2009
V.I.P.

first the cover is just horrible !
and why Hirst ? I mean this new woman in charge of Pop is known for her love of contemporary art ? non ? ... so why take Hirst ? He's b***s*** since the mid 90s (personal opinion) ...
Hirst doesn't want to do collective exhibition and he's doing s*** on a cover magazine - that is owned by a rich russian girl .... let me think about it one moment !

then about rookie the blogger ...
i told you she'll be a star ...

but still i'm surprised to see her on a Pop cover ...
i cannot see how revelant this is ... and don't get me your s*** about blogs revelance etc. i know about this ... but Rookie the Rocket is not Susie Bubble, for instance ...
You know what I mean ? Things like Life, Experiences, Failures etc. Things that build a person !
* waiting for the edito page - which promise to reveal a tons of interesting thoughts, i'm sure *

18-08-2009
V.I.P.

I did not even know who she was, and I really dont care, I just want to see the M/M Paris ZineBook. Of course the likeliness of that happening for at least another couple weeks could be slim.

18-08-2009
tfs star

i want to see inside editorials..

18-08-2009
V.I.P.

who is Tavi? she's so adorable

V.I.P.

What a horrible cover.
Hate this.

18-08-2009
V.I.P.

ugh why her...

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefingers View Post

And LOL @ person who said someone like Rumi or a blogger with as much renowned mainstream success should have been on the cover. Next you'll be telling me Coldplay's the greatest band ever.
But Coldplay totally is like the greatest band like ever!

What they have to do with Pop Magazine, and Tavi, and Rumi and bloggers in general, and relevant cover subjects I'm not quite sure though.

Since I was on my cellphone before when I commented I wasn't actually able to look at the cover. However, I actually really like it. Yet I must say it's a lazy effort for Hirst. He's done the butterfly thing 1000 times over. Tavi looks amazing. I just think this cover is a bit too early for her. I suggested Rumi because her has a larger fan base, and thus that means more copies sold for Pop. Also she's a young adult so the clothes will look appropriate on her. I also believe she has a better sense of style than Tavi. (Lulu too.) In fact there are so many other bloggers who I would choose before Tavi. Karla from Karla's closet, Fashion Squad, Withasiansterotypes, Childhoodflames, Dirtyflaws... the list goes on. Tavi got the cover because she's the youngest.

This whole arguement reminds me of the Marc Jacobs ads from s/s 07 with Dakota Fanning. Perphaps Tavi's editorial will be as wonderful as that advertisement, and will contain an underlying message.

I wasn't expecting anything amazing from Dasha (or whoever is really running the show). So she has already caught my attention with doing somthing unique.

Or maybe there are more covers? (just wishful thinking though!)

18-08-2009
tfs star

Bittersweet ....I like Tavi but I don't want to see a blogger on front of magazine

Quote:
Or maybe there are more covers?
Hope so

18-08-2009
don't look down

I don't visit any fashion blogs, although I don't mind reading about the people who have put their energies into creating such sites. The analysis of how and why certain people become momentarily popular is, for me, far more interesting than the actual content on the sites themselves.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefingers View Post
. And, really, you're saying she's dressed horribly because of her posture? Posture has absolutely nothing to do with the clothes themselves. You're on a forum regarding fashion, not chiropractic care.
What posture? Where did I mention posture? I said she's always dressed horribly because the clothes don't fit her, and they don't fit her because she's a child trying on adults clothes that are not made for her body . I didn't and i don't want to get into get into particulars, she's a child after all , i thought it was more obvious what i meant to say. She just looks like a kid that raided her mother's wardrobe and took some pics of her playing grown ups, why some people take that blog seriously is beyond me.

18-08-2009
fashion elite

Everybody loves Tavi (no pun intended )

it's only a promotional photo though.

from fashionista.com

18-08-2009
tfs star

i can't get rid off the feeling that people are overreacting here. me too have hardly heard of the girl and to be honest have never been interested, but really... POP cover is not US elections. what's wrong with the kid scoring the cover? i pretty much sure it's not about promoting the girl herself (nor celebrating her blogging skills), rather than having a young girl on the cover. at that point i can't find anything wrong about it. as for the exploitation issue... it's okay for 13yo girls to model and score ad campaigns, but it's so awfully wrong for a non-model kid to get a mag cover - so tell me how would that hurt her childhood (some nasty comments apart)?
that said i think the 'kid cover' idea is not that bad and sums up our massive hysteria about youth and pre-puberty.
but this image somehow made me think of Dakota's sister... how old is she? now THAT would be a cover choice...

18-08-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by j'adorekapusta View Post
but really... POP cover is not US elections. what's wrong with the kid scoring the cover?
Hahahahahhaha. I think you best summed up this whole shebang. It is not the US elections.

18-08-2009
fashion insider

There isn't any political talk in tFS. I'm not sure if that counts though.

18-08-2009
V.I.P.

^

I quite like the cover actually ... when I saw the name Tavi I did not remember who she was, but then someone reminded me that she was Tavi-the fashion blogger ... they did a good job with her I think.

Last edited by Filipe; 18-08-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, artwork, damien, fall or winter, hirst, pop, tavi, williams