How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-01-2008
fashion insider

simply nice

15-01-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
cause she didnt work with `em before
that makes sense.

15-01-2008
V.I.P.

^only for LV ads s s2008 with other models but it`s possible that it was later and LV photosession has nothin` common with Visionaire outtakes

15-01-2008
front row

i really hope theres a second cover like they did with sienna's winter issue
but i doubt that.

15-01-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
^only for LV ads s s2008 with other models but it`s possible that it was later and LV photosession has nothin` common with Visionaire outtakes
True as well, we will see, I guess. If M&M did indeed worked for this issue, the rumour they got an exclusive Conde Nast contract is not true. I wonder who else could have got the contract (but lets not get in to that here)

16-01-2008
trendsetter

I hope that means that we'll get to see a lot of Alaia.

17-01-2008
backstage pass

For some reason I like the cover!!!

17-01-2008
backstage pass

there is nothing glossy about this at all...lol

17-01-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanker_phledge View Post
I hope that means that we'll get to see a lot of Alaia.
YES!Me too.

17-01-2008
don't look down

I look forward to the contents, though I'm not overly crazy about the cover, but it does seem to point that POP is going into a slightly different direction, with a darker, more erotic cover mood, and a focus on one model. If the contents are racy enough, it could make sense; they had to pick a tamer shot for the cover, but one that still represented what's within. We can but hope for exciting content. The cover is a promise.

boop

I'm quite excited for this. Stephanie is the definition of sexy and paired with M&M this could be explosive. The content interests me deeply.

17-01-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
I look forward to the contents, though I'm not overly crazy about the cover, but it does seem to point that POP is going into a slightly different direction, with a darker, more erotic cover mood, and a focus on one model. If the contents are racy enough, it could make sense; they had to pick a tamer shot for the cover, but one that still represented what's within. We can but hope for exciting content. The cover is a promise.
POP had covers with a more darker erotic mood, like the Kylie, Demi Moore and Liz Hurley cover.

18-01-2008
don't look down

I wouldn't have called those covers erotic; striking, yes, but not as darkly sexual as a nude woman wearing a painful-looking corset. Often M&M shots make women seem too plastic to be filth-and-blood sexual. Shiny plastic fetish objects, without pores to sweat and with eyes that say they don't feel anything at all.

V.I.P.

^you're last sentence sums up everything about M&M's work.

28-01-2008
The future is stupid

Source | WWD | January 29, 2008

Quote:
SEYMOUR'S POP ART: Peter Brant, the new sole owner of Interview magazine, is making waves as he revamps the publication following the departure of Ingrid Sischy and his ex-wife, Sandra Brant, from the title. But it turns out Brant's current wife, Stephanie Seymour, is dipping her toe into the media world this spring, too. Pop magazine's spring-summer 2008 issue, which hits newsstands Thursday, is almost entirely devoted to Seymour. The model and art collector appears in six fashion editorials in the magazine, and gives a lengthy interview about her career with writer Glenn O'Brien — who has just been named co-editorial director of Brant's Interview.

"She's like a creature from urban mythology," said Katie Grand, editor in chief of Pop. "I remember images of her in Vogue, and hearing all about her and Axl Rose." Grand explained she met Seymour when Grand styled spring's Louis Vuitton show, in which Seymour appeared on the runway as a nurse inspired by Richard Prince's paintings. "She was incredibly inspiring," said Grand. "In our initial conversations I was sure that I wanted her to go from superglamorous to no hair and makeup, and [Seymour] was really interested in who we were working with."

Grand added that one of her favorite portrayals of Seymour in the issue, which includes images by photographers Glen Luchford, Solve Sundsbo and Peter Lindbergh, is the model going about her daily business in her Connecticut hometown, shot by artist Nigel Shafran. The shots take a peek inside her home — in which Andy Warhol's painting "Last Supper" casually hangs on the wall above Seymour and Brant's bed — and depict Seymour window-shopping in a Greenwich, Conn., jewelers and at a Pilates class. "In this age of computer manipulation, the pictures show [Seymour] as very raw, as a wife and mother," said Grand.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, pop, seymour, spring or summer, stephanie, sundsbø, sølve