How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-11-2010
rising star

Eniko looks so soft and beautiful. The cover is stunning - less is more.

23-11-2010
V.I.P.

This is one of the most beautiful eds I've seen in Russh.

Paterson's Curse

Ph: Will Davidson
Fashion Editor: Stevie Dance
Model: Cassi van den Dungen

russhmagazine

Last edited by *Bianca*; 23-11-2010 at 05:38 PM.
23-11-2010
less is more

Eniko by Benny Horne

Interview:

scans by rox_yr_sox

23-11-2010
fashion icon

These are some pretty awesome covers! I can't decide which one I like the best since they are all quite stunning!

23-11-2010
less is more

Somewhere Along The Way No Matter How Much He Loved Her He Lost Her.
Photographer: Will Davidson
Fashion Editor: Stevie Dance
Models: Irina Lazareanu and Larry Scott

scans by rox_yr_sox

23-11-2010
you soft and only

I love how long her answers are in that interview. She has such a cute personality.

23-11-2010
V.I.P.

That interview shot would've made an even better cover, it's gorgeous!.. it reminds me a bit of Doingbird covers.. does anyone in Australia know if they still publish that, by the way? they sort of vanished (at least internationally) after Malgosia's cover.. so sad.

I'm not sure how I feel about the two eds by Davidson+Dance.. some shots are very strong but others are below average, the result gives the impression to be exceptionally good but if you place each picture apart, I definitely don't think it's anywhere near Russh's highlights, they've done some fantastic stories this year, this doesn't challenge them much.

That being said, I wouldn't put the blame on the actual creators of the story but whoever gets to select what will be published at the end and then, the person that gets to retouch/fix images, like this one, where they just inserted the model's face from another shot and clearly didn't bother to continue the shape of the trees around her head.. they're insignificant things but they put me off.. not to mention the model choice's already far from great (unappealing mouth [see first shot], can't pull off menswear looks, etc).. and don't get me started on Irina, whose entire appeal ended somewhere in 2006..

.my prison is your brain.

I agree with Bianca that Cassi's (who I am not even a fan) editorial is the most beautiful editorial I have seen in a long time. Far superior to Eniko's (awful) and Irina's (a few good shots, but nothing spectacular). Will Davidson is the heart and soul of RUSSH to me. Benny Horne bores me to tears in comparison.

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

This whole issue is so beautiful! Irina and Cassi's stories solidify this issue.

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post

That being said, I wouldn't put the blame on the actual creators of the story but whoever gets to select what will be published at the end and then, the person that gets to retouch/fix images, like this one, where they just inserted the model's face from another shot and clearly didn't bother to continue the shape of the trees around her head.. they're insignificant things but they put me off.. not to mention the model choice's already far from great (unappealing mouth [see first shot], can't pull off menswear looks, etc).. and don't get me started on Irina, whose entire appeal ended somewhere in 2006..
She has a halo of light around her hair from the sun....

Her head isn't pasted on. lol.

fashion insider

love the last two covers. eniko is so versatile.

24-11-2010
fashion insider

I love Eniko, shes just incredibly sexy and her face makes me wanna "trade to the other team" The firs cover was a but UrbanOutfiiters catalog but other 2 are ravishing and her editorial was soo beauteous I have to run out and get this issue

24-11-2010
old-fashioned

i totally agree with MulletProof about irina. i used to like her a lot, but she completely lost her appeal... for me she was a silent-movie beauty with 60s hair, there was some innocence to her eyes, i don't know... and then she started with the rock chick thing, interviews and interviews talking about pete doherty, sean lennon, and her unsubstantial musical career, always making sexy/open-mouth faces, which definitely don't work for her... it's really a shame. if she had kept her 'old' modeling style, that chanel paris-monte carlo face, i think this ed would have been really nice.

i also love eniko's interview shot. and paterson's curse is quite nice, especially the 6th and the last shot.

V.I.P.

wow times like these i am so jealous of those in other countries who can buy this it's such a gorgeous issue

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
She has a halo of light around her hair from the sun....
Heh, I know it's meant to be a halo of light, Bianca, it's an outdoors story. I was questioning the symmetry, which, unlike the other shots, looks more 'manual' and sharp instead of natural..
Light is symmetrical though so I guess some cameras can capture that.. and transform it into an heptagon around someone's face.

*ana*, same here, I think Irina has the perfect example of a career that's been overpushed and exhausted to the point there's zero intrigue left and clearly no solid ground to fall back into, which is a shame as, like you said, she definitely had that flapper look going on and didn't look like any other model.
I wonder what could make me regain interest for her..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1011, benny, december, eniko, horne, january, mihalik, russh