Teen Vogue October 2013 : Hailee Steinfeld by Sebastian Kim - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-09-2013
trendsetter

Teen Vogue October 2013 : Hailee Steinfeld by Sebastian Kim
Source: my snap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130905_133843.jpg (524.5 KB, 9 views)

05-09-2013
trendsetter

Is it just me or are each and every one of Teen Vogue's covers are beginning to look identical?

Thanks for sharing Rigida

05-09-2013
fashion icon

Hailee is a great fit for Teen Vogue, she hasn't had a cover before, has she? I think she looks quite decent here, I like the elegant styling.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
Hailee is a great fit for Teen Vogue, she hasn't had a cover before, has she? I think she looks quite decent here, I like the elegant styling.
Yes, this is her first cover

05-09-2013
fashion elite

Girls like Hailee are the one who should cover Teen Vogue. We´ve seen this before but this girl is a great actress so im really enjoying it.

05-09-2013
V.I.P.

hm, boring

Mr. Magic

Facebook/Teen Vogue

05-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Hailee Steinfeld: The Oscar Nominee and Style Icon on Her Biggest Year Yet

Sixteen-year-old Hailee Steinfeld steps back into the spotlight in Romeo & Juliet and Ender's Game.

The main thing you need to know about Hailee Steinfeld is that she's just like you. No, really. You might actually be disappointed by the lack of pretension and diva tantrums you'd expect from a Hollywood starlet who went from landing a Kmart commercial at twelve to landing an Oscar nomination for her first film, True Grit (beating out a mere 15,000 girls for the part), and becoming the face of Miu Miu two years later. You might expect a Veruca Salt antic or two from someone who jets around the world, has designers chomping at the bit to dress her, and has Taylor Swift on speed dial. Because, let's face it, you never know what to expect when the meteoric rise of a child star blasts her into the surreal life before she's even able to drive herself to the mall. This is not the case for Hailee Steinfeld.

Maybe I'm just jaded or even primed to believe it's inevitable for an actress with burgeoning fame to evolve, or perhaps more likely unravel, into a Tinseltown terror as her limelight wattage increases. So when I show up at The Peninsula hotel in New York City to rendezvous with my old pal (disclaimer: I've known the actress for years), I wonder, Could this be the time when our girl next door takes a turn for the worse?

Hailee greets me with an immediate, giant grin and a family-style hug. Clad in J Brand skinny jeans, a crisp white button-down, and a Rag & Bone tweed jacket, she ushers me into her suite, kicking off her Chanel ballet flats as if they're Chuck Taylors and practically jumping onto the sitting area's oversize couch. She makes the midtown living room feel as casual as your parents' basement. My fears are instantly put to rest.

Perhaps it's because Hailee, who compares her acting career to her friends going to soccer practice, has never seemed like a child star to begin with. And if you were to put her in that category, she evokes more of a young Natalie Portman, Diane Lane, or Jodie Foster than a teen tabloid fixture. "Whether I'm a bit of an old soul or not, I am who I am, and that doesn't change, whether I'm with adults or with my friends," she declares in a sturdy, self-assured manner that exhibits just how easily she can go up against such silver-screen veterans as Keira Knightley in Can a Song Save Your Life? ("She is so sweet and humble—the same person you see in public. I really look up to that," Hailee says of the established actress) and Jeff Bridges in True Grit. "When I'm in this adult world, I get to play dress-up and be a big girl and meet older people," says the star, who, on the other hand, likes to let loose with her friends on shopping trips, during impromptu Bruno Mars dance parties, and while cheering on her professional race-car-driver brother, Griffin Steinfeld, nineteen. "It's the best of both worlds."

That couldn't be a more appropriate sentiment for today, as Hailee devilishly suggests ordering our own personal room-service buffet of French fries and chocolate cupcakes just a few hours before she's due to present at the CFDA Fashion Awards in a stunning two-piece Suno outfit, which hangs on a picture frame in the hotel room and watches over us like some sort of sartorial chaperone. "I get nervous for pretty much everything I do," she says about tonight's event. And then quickly: "That makes me sound like a poodle!" She laughs, completely self-aware.
teenvogue

05-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Nick Robinson as The Lost Boy

Hometown: Seattle

Hot Commodity: A three-season vet on ABC Family's Melissa & Joey (season four is in the works), Nick was the talk of the town at Sundance for his breakout role in The Kings of Summer. The Stand by Me–meets–Superbad coming-of-age hit was so impressive he was signed by Hollywood's United Talent Agency before the film even premiered.

Taking A Gamble: Nick went head-to-head with Steve Buscemi on HBO's Boardwalk Empire. "That was one of the more surreal moments," he says. "Something clicked, and I was like, 'Whoa, maybe I could actually make a living doing this....'"

American Idol: "Nick Offerman is the man," Nick says of his on-screen dad in Kings. "He carries himself like such a professional, but at the same time, he's a goofball. I was just, like, standing near him, hoping some of his good mojo wiped off." —Alison Prato

Bonus fact: Nick was shot in the basement of the Linda Vista Community Hospital. He's wearing a wig and a leather jacket, which is a totally new look for this up-and-comer.

Nick wears an Iro jacket. Bess vest, $260. Filth Mart T-shirt, $45. Belstaff trousers. The Great Frog ring, $425.

Quote:
Asa Butterfield as The Quirky Villian

Hometown: London, England

Make It Big: "It was a bit of luck, actually," Asa says on landing a lead in 2008's The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. "I was spotted by a casting director in London." The teen would later go on to soar in Martin Scorsese's Hugo. "My favorite moments to shoot were the chase scenes with Sacha Baron Cohen," Asa says. "He's actually quite serious, and that makes him really funny."

Sci-Fi Star: Up next is the title role in futuristic book turned blockbuster Ender's Game, where Asa holds his own opposite this month's cover girl, Hailee Steinfeld, and Harrison Ford. "I was a bit nervous meeting him," Asa says. "But I learned so much from him, and we all became one big family." —Dana Mathews

Bonus fact: Asa is pictured on the porch of the Psycho house at the Universal Studios Backlot. The photographer was trying to get the perfect shot, but tour buses were going by and Asa kept waving. This friendly young actor became good friends with Ansel Elgort the day before at Comic-Con and was excited to see him at our shoot.

Asa wears a Daang Goodman for Tripp NYC blazer, $99, and pants, $68. Moschino shirt. Siki Im hat. John Varvatos tie, $125.

Quote:
Morgan Saylor as The Teenage Rebel

Hometown: Atlanta

Dram Team: To say Morgan's life completely changed with one audition would sound cliché, if it weren't the truth. At sixteen she catapulted to stardom by landing the role of Dana Brody on Homeland—Showtime's most celebrated series ever—opposite her mentor, Claire Danes. "I've seen My So-Called Life, so watching Claire act is really cool," Morgan says.

Onward and Upward: Morgan heats up the silver screen opposite Liv Tyler in next year's Jamie Marks Is Dead, a dark indie based on the acclaimed novel One for Sorrow about how a small-town high school student's unexpected death rocks his tight-knit community. "I like meaty roles," she says. "I want to make great films." —Anthony Rotunno

Bonus fact: Morgan was shot inside the Psycho house at the Universal Studios Backlot. She flew in just for our shoot from the Homeland set, where she'd been in the middle of filming.

Morgan wears a Valentino dress. Tracy Watts hair band with veil, $150.

Quote:
Katie Chang as The Classic Victim

Hometown: Winnetka, Illinois

Bright Lights: Katie's star turn came courtesy of director Sofia Coppola, who cast her as the chief criminal in The Bling Ring, this year's indie hit inspired-by-true-events flick about tabloid-obsessed Los Angeles teens who burglarize celebrities' homes.

Big City: Katie's next role? Enlisting as a freshman at Columbia University. "I'm taking Intro to Film. My goal is to write and act in my own movies one day," she says, citing Girls creator and star Lena Dunham as her inspiration. "Maybe I'll just go stalk her on set," Katie jokes. "I'm obsessed!" —Anthony Rotunno

Bonus fact: Katie is pictured inside the Psycho house at the Universal Studios Backlot—a destination the actress is well-acquainted with. She confessed that she's obsessed with the storied destination and has gone on many, many tours there.

Katie wears a Meadham Kirchhoff dress.

Quote:
Freddie Highmore as The Night Stalker

Hometown: London, England

Fright Young Thing: After making a name for himself as a child actor in Finding Neverland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Freddie is all grown up in his most recent, critically acclaimed performance as Norman Bates on A&E's hit series Bates Motel. "I just go for it—I don't hold back," he says of playing the disturbed teen. "I've seen Psycho a few times but wanted to reimagine the mythology for my version of young Norman."

From the Deppth: Freddie is influenced by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory costar Johnny Depp, who "has always been an inspiration to me, as a person and a friend. He has that kind of rare ability to constantly reinvent himself." —Dana Mathews

Bonus fact: Freddie came straight from Comic-Con, and then flew back to England right after our shoot. He was shot in the basement of the Linda Vista Community Hospital—particularly appropriate since he plays the classic Pyscho character on the small screen.

Freddie wears a Dries Van Noten silk robe, striped shirt, and pants. Jimmy Choo shoes.

Quote:
Kiernan Shipka as The Cursed Queen

Hometown: Chicago

Draper Duds: Kiernan got her big break at six years old as Mad Men's Sally Draper, now television's most stylishly complex teenager. She says the show, going into its seventh and final season on AMC, has been "kind of like an acting school." And her on-screen relatives? "Definitely like family."

Live While She's Young: Kiernan shares the screen with Dakota Fanning in Very Good Girls. As for future projects, she admits, "It's hard to predict anything because in this industry, you never know what's going to come up!" But don't be fooled by the mature Draper front: This poised teen is still young at heart—she's a closeted Belieber! "I would totally get nervous if I met him!" Kiernan says, blushing. —Liana Weston

Bonus fact: Kiernan was shot in the Linda Vista Community Hospital down a dark hallway. Scary!

Kiernan wears a Dior dress. Pollini by Nicholas Kirkwood shoes.

Quote:
Ansel Elgort as The Hollywood Hero

Hometown: New York City

Hello, Hollywood: With three big-time films on his résumé (this month's Carrie remake, and next year's Divergent and The Fault in Our Stars, both opposite Shailene Woodley) and hefty parts in them to boot, Ansel is the new It kid in town.

Heart for the Arts: Ansel, whose father is famed Vogue and Teen Vogue photographer Arthur Elgort, grew up immersed in the arts (even modeling for Teen Vogue for his dad). "I started doing musical theater and ballet," he says. "Then I spent seven years training to be an actor. It sort of all paid off."

Remix: Besides acting, his passion project is making house music and DJing in New York City under the name Ansolo. "I'm obsessed," he says. "At Comic-Con, two days before the Teen Vogue shoot, Asa Butterfield and I clicked and became total best friends ... over house music. He's a DJ too. — Dana Mathews

Bonus fact: Ansel was photographed inside Psycho's infamous Bates Motel. He was jamming to music on set, though, so he didn't seem too spooked.

Ansel wears an Emporio Armani jacket, and tie, $195. Jil Sander shirt.
teenvogue

05-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Avan Jogia as The Haunted Heartthrob

Hometown: Vancouver, British Columbia

Dramatic Shift: After three years of playing the cool guy on campus in Nickelodeon's Victorious, Avan assumes a headlining role as an ex–juvenile delinquent on ABC Family's dark mystery series Twisted. Although he's hit his stride, star status isn't a concern for Avan. "I just want to play characters that are exciting," he says. "Whether I end up as a psychotic villain or a goofy stoner, I want to be the best, most interesting one in the piece."

Renaissance Man: Despite a rigorous shooting schedule, Avan still makes time to pursue other passions: writing music, sailing, and even woodworking. "As an actor, there are a lot of things you don't have creative control over," he says. "It's important that I have those outlets to be imaginative." —Marianne Dabir

Bonus fact: Avan flew in from the Twisted set in Vancouver to be a part of the shoot. He got all dressed up in a Dracula-inspired get-up and really loved it.

Avan wears Ann Demeulemeester waistcoats and trousers. Alexandre Plokhov shirt. Lynn Ban brooch (worn on chain). Jil Sander boots.

Quote:
Joey King as The Goth Girl

Hometown: Los Angeles

All-Star: Joey's worked with some of the most gorgeous guys in the biz (Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupid, Love., Channing Tatum in White House Down, and James Franco in Oz the Great and Powerful) and counts Emma Stone and Selena Gomez among costars turned pals. She already has more acting credits than Hollywood heavyweights twice her age. And next, Joey's starring in the Zach Braff–directed flick Wish I Was Here with Ashley Greene and Josh Gad, where she'll be one of the youngest in the cast—as usual.

Child's Play: Despite the grown-up films and movie-star friends, this talent still finds time to be a regular teen. Her favorite place in the world? "Six Flags is like my second home," Joey says, adding, "Uh, yeah, I have a season pass! What kind of question is that?!" —Casey Lewis

Bonus fact: Joey King was shot in a super creepy room in the basement of the Linda Vista Community Hospital.

Joey wears a Moschino gown. Suzanne Couture Millinery headpiece veil.

Quote:
Mackenzie Davis as The Damsel in Distress

Hometown: Vancouver, British Columbia

Born This Way: Turns out Mackenzie never really had a choice in the acting matter: "I pretty much came from the womb like this," she says of her performing bug. "My earliest memories are putting on impromptu rap concerts for my family. And I did a really good rendition of 'Blue Suede Shoes' in a full white satin fringe suit.

Big-Time Rush: She booked her first movie role, fresh out of theater school, making waves at Sundance with Breathe In. "I was so nervous about my sudden change of fortune that I threw up the whole first day of rehearsals, " she says. Up next is a bevy of roles alongside Hollywood's hottest leading dudes: Miles Teller and Zac Efron in Are We Officially Dating? and Daniel Radcliffe and Adam Driver in The F Word. Some girls have all the luck, don't they? —Jessica Duncan

Bonus fact: Mackenzie was shot outside Norman Bates's car. It was the last shot of the day, and it was getting dark out, adding another element of fear to the photo.

Mackenzie wears a Louis Vuitton coat. Prada dress and bag (in right hand). In left hand: Marc by Marc Jacobs bag.

Quote:
Sami Gayle as The Imperiled Ingenue

Hometown: Sunrise, Florida

An Education: The doe-eyed dancer turned Broadway musical star landed her first-ever movie role with the 2011 drama Detachment, where she played a teenage prostitute opposite Academy Award winner Adrien Brody. "I had no film experience, so working with him was like going to the Adrien Brody school of acting," Sami says. "I absorbed everything I could, and he continues to be a huge mentor for me." Look out for her in the upcoming movies Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters and Hateship Loveship (alongside our cover girl, Hailee Steinfeld) or on the hit CBS series Blue Bloods.

Starlet Fever: "I'd be a very sad person if I weren't acting," Sami says. "I just want to do all of it: film, TV, and theater." —Alyssa Reeder

Bonus fact: Sami was shot inside the Universal Studios Backlot's reception room with an old-school phone in hand.

Sami wears a Chloë Sevigny for Opening Ceremony dress. Tiffany & Co. earrings, $175. Waxing Poetic necklace, $73.

Quote:
Jacob Artist as The Prince Haunting

Hometown: Buffalo, New York

Triple Threat: The humble Glee newcomer, who's become a fan favorite with his smooth R&B swag, is a natural-born talent worthy of his unique surname—his senior year of high school, Jacob turned down Julliard to "move to the City of Angels and somehow take dancing to a new level.

True Hollywood Story: The classically trained dancer got his start with an audition for High School Musical 3. "I was definitely intimidated," he confesses, "but that was the first taste of the world of film and television for me. It planted the seed." This year Jacob makes his graceful leap to the silver screen in The Philosophers and White Bird in a Blizzard, the latter alongside Shailene Woodley. —Liana Weston

Bonus fact: Jacob was just beginning production on Glee when he flew to our shoot. He was dancing and jumping around—which is how the photographer caught him leaping over a table, mid-air.

Jacob wears an Etro jacket and trousers. Thomas Pink shirt, $195, and cummerbund, $130. Alexander Olch bow tie, $110, and pocket square, $60. Michael Kors boots.

Quote:
India Eisley as The Vampire Vixen

Hometown: Los Angeles

Acting Up: "I basically grew up on sets," says the daughter of actress Olivia Hussey and musician David Glen Eisley. "I was pretending to be other people all the time just for fun. As soon as I found out you could do that for a living, it sealed the deal." India got her break playing little sis Ashley Juergens on The Secret Life of the American Teenager, but her recent roles have amped up the action. After sharing the big screen alongside Kate Beckinsale in Underworld: Awakening, she'll be starring next in Kite, a film remake of the anime cult classic, which required an intense three-month course in martial arts and weapons training.

Puppy Love: India works with animal welfare charities and even rescued a stray she found wandering near the set of the Teen Vogue shoot. "It was a very active day—we rescued a dog and shot in a mental institution!" —Avery Spofford

Bonus fact: India was shot in the basement of the Linda Vista Community Hospital. She rescued a dog on set, which might be why she looks so frightened.

India wears an Emporio Armani dress. Marc Jacobs gloves.
teenvogue

05-10-2013
Mr. Magic

'BIG TIME'
Ph: Hans Feurer
Styling: Heathermary Jackson

art-dept.net

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, hailee, kim, october, sebastian, steinfeld, teen, vogue