How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-07-2009
windowshopping

I was glad to read that Taylor Momsen was going to be the new cover girl for Teen Vogue. I love her style..it has really developed a lot in the past year. However I was disappointed when I saw her pictures for the upcoming issue..I feel they lack any real imagination, the styling is alrightish and I really don't like the cover they've chosen..its dull. Its certainly nothing compared to Emma's shoot from last month.

29-07-2009
V.I.P.

The shot in the H&M dress is so much better

I might have a flick through Teen Vogue next time I'm in the store. I never buy it..

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
The second shot would of made a much better cover.
I think the second shot would be very good for any other month (especially a month when you celebrate something - prom, xmas especially) but the cover they've chosen is good, imo, considering it's Teen Vogue, GG's co-celeb and sept.

this may appeal to a wider range of girls, it's easier style to copy/paste ... it's much less "evening sweet 16" (than the 2nd shot), more casual ... the trench is the item for autumn etc.

and I guess this choice is more coherent with one of their headline "Mastering the Mix : Ultracool Street Style" ...

29-07-2009
front row

She's actually more interesting than I originally thought she was and her personality shows in her interview and her ed. But I feel bad for her, she actually is saying in not so many words that she is superior to all the other teenagers (I wont be able to get along with them, I've been through a lot already and they havent blah blah..) which is probably true, but it also screams insecurity about not being "regular" therefore the need to look down on others. I dunno... but who knows, people like Christina Ricci and Michelle Williams have said the same smug things in their teen years and have learned restraint as they matured.

31-07-2009
trendsetter

Review

Little Ladies Photographed by Daniel Jackson.
description says "Make like the queen bee in candy tweeds, sweet bows, and sparkly pins freshened up with graphic tees and jeans." It is a studio editorial, white background, but I like it.
models are: Alexina, Rosie, Jeneil

Urban Legends photographed by Arthur Elgort
description says "The word on the street? Layers, and lots of them!
Stand out from the crowd in minis, denim, and major boots.
This is an on location editorial in several NYC spots.
models are: Alisa, Bridget, Jonatan, Kim, Taylor, Ataui, Gracie Carvahlo , Shu-Pei, and Matthew

Super Fly photographed by Sebastian Kim
description says "Remix hip-hop classics-like bold high tops, baseball caps and mega chains- with chic sequins, rhinestone jewels, and fun party frocks"
Studio.
models are: Mathilde, Madisyn

Happy Campers photographed by Miles Aldrige
description says "Be a fashion force of nature in falls tricked-out country boots." Could have been shot in a studio but made to look like some sort of forest-garden out door thing. Just an accessories edit. Idk who the models are, you can't see their faces.

Bold Moves photographed by Raymond Meier
description says "Start the school year with a bang! Makeup guru Val Garland shares her top looks for your brightest year yet." 4 close up beauty shots.
models are: unknown

There is one photo of Chanel Iman and Jourdann Dunn wearing fashion's night out t-shirts as part of the "Fall's top twelve" feature.

V.I.P.

^thanks for the detailed review

Preview of the Daniel Jackson ed:

models.com

Last edited by mikel; 31-07-2009 at 04:59 PM.
31-07-2009
fashion insider

the shoot is nice, the cover is boring to me

31-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Eek, I was warming up to the cover till I had to read the interview .. so how many times did she say she was pretty? three?, times she said she was an 'artist'? two?. the girl thinks she's way ahead for her age and thing is, the arrogance and loose use of words couldn't be more 16 year-old girl.. even the fact that she thinks she's too mature to date boys her age.. little does she know about 'mature' men dating a 16 year-old girl..
that interview...god. She just came off as so obnoxious, try-hard, and seriously up herself.

she's one of the supporting actresses on a second rate show...for goodness sakes, get some decent projects and some credibility before throwing your weight around like that.

i think that that interview really showed just how immature she was, despite her assertions otherwise.

front row

I'm not far too surprised by the interview tbh, once you have a sixteen year old girl in the music scene and cast on a popular teen drama, I can see why she may think she leads some sort of superiority or 'matureness' than the average girl in high school. I say it's a faze, in years time I think she'll find herself a bit embarrassed by the things she's said and look back and realize she may not of been all that mature after all. A lot of teen's go through that sort of thing, the rebel period or what have you.

But seriously, "What I'm a going to do, hang out with the High School kids? I just can't relate what they talk about - it seems so petty." Oh, Taylor, a tad pretentious don't you think?

01-08-2009
backstage pass

the colors on the cover are nice...

MON
V.I.P.

Where can I get HQs of Tvogue covers!?

V.I.P.

^ in their threads.

01-08-2009
V.I.P.

Taylor is.... meh. She seems a bit arrogant. The cover is okay, I guess. I'm just glad it's not Cyrus or another disney 'star'.

01-08-2009
V.I.P.

they always have the best jewellery!

trendsetter

I wish they didn't use pastel colors for the text

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, demarchelier, momsen, patrick, september, taylor, teen, vogue