How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2007
Fat Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph26 View Post
that's precisely why US Vogue rules over the others, in the 90's Gianni Versace adored Anna Wintour, every designer wanted their outfits on the US Vogue, Karl Lagerfeld loves Anna, everyone loves Anna 'cause she's the most powerful woman in the fashion bussiness, John Galliano has been widely supported by Anna, without her he wouldn't be what he is now, the same with Marc Jacobs.

Anna Wintour is power, we love Anna! Vogue US rules, yeah!
Regardless, American Vogue is still boring as hell! There is never anything creative, innovative or even remotely interesting in the magazine.

The only reason Anna is so revered (or feared, for that matter) is because she holds so much power, not because she's talented.

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 13-08-2007 at 03:06 AM.

13-08-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
The only reason Anna is so revered (or feared, for that matter) is because she holds so much power, not because she's talented.

yeah, zero talent, one day she was bored in home watching Dinastia and Dallas, without nothing to do and then she said herself "oh, I wanna be powerful, power come to me!" and guess what? the next day she was directing US Vogue

13-08-2007
don't look down

> Uk Vogue has the worst paper quality ever, and the same with Paris!

Perhaps paper quality varies depending on whether you get an export copy or a 'national' copy of a magazine.

For years, I bought US Vogue in the UK and thought its paper quality was abysmal - until someone got me a few copies direct from the US, which had glossy covers and much better paper. It was like a different magazine.

tfs star

I don't think Vogue needs a model on the cover to take a more artistic direction. They could make a greater artistic effort with the celebrities they place on the cover. Instead of just plopping them down in some grass in a designer gown, I don't see why they couldn't create a fantasy image or something fun and original. Anna just chooses not to.

13-08-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmesweet View Post
ialmrnt5: I definitely agree with Missy Raydar. Such a beautiful girl. She deserves a cover... Has she had a Vogue US cover before...?
She is still sort of new, so no- unfourtunately. She has been in almost every Vogue Italia ed this month, Meisel loves her & she is edgy, I'd love to see her on the cover of US Vogue, by of course, Meisel.

{a+c}

edit: I don't dislike Vogue US or anything, I'm just saying it'd be nice to see some great American models on the cover sometime. Anna is all for supporting up & coming American designers & does a lot of things to help them out but she can't help out an up & coming American model?

Last edited by ialmrnt5; 13-08-2007 at 08:23 AM.
13-08-2007
fashion elite

Quote:
yeah, zero talent, one day she was bored in home watching Dinastia and Dallas, without nothing to do and then she said herself "oh, I wanna be powerful, power come to me!" and guess what? the next day she was directing US Vogue
I think you mean "Dynasty".

13-08-2007
army of lovers

Put in her 2 weeks notice...

13-08-2007
trendsetter

"Tell Anna Wintour how to improve/Revamp Vogue America"

Get Fat. Get Fired.

Grace Coddington has a greater vision than Anna's restrained conformist attitude to celebrity culture and occasional adherence to putting one model every two or three years (only inadvertently placing greater focus on the actresses and singers).

So as i said, get fat, and get fired. Thats how to fix it.

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*
13-08-2007
Fat Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricity View Post
So as i said, get fat, and get fired. Thats how to fix it.
Love it!

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanAvril View Post
I think you mean "Dynasty".
yeah, Dinastia is in spanish

----

btw, why should Anna Wintour be told about how to improve/revamp Vogue? imagine how many threads like this we are going to have, "tell Carine Roitfeld ....", "tell Franca Sozzani ..." I don't think it makes sense

a better name for this thread would be "give your opinion about Us Vogue" or "what would you do if you were the editor of Vogue Us "

Last edited by Joseph26; 13-08-2007 at 04:01 PM.
13-08-2007
Fat Karl

Quote:
btw, why should Anna Wintour be told about how to improve/revamp Vogue?
imagine how many thread like this we are going to have, "tell Carine Rotfield ....", "tell Franca Sozzani ..." I don't think it makes sense
Why should we "tell Carine Roitfield..." and "Franca Sozzani..." anything! They've got their magazine's wonderfully under control!

V.I.P.

^ ditto

Quote:
yeah, Dinastia is in spanish

----

btw, why should Anna Wintour be told about how to improve/revamp Vogue? imagine how many threads like this we are going to have, "tell Carine Roitfeld ....", "tell Franca Sozzani ..." I don't think it makes sense

a better name for this thread would be "give your opinion about Us Vogue" or "what would you do if you were the editor of Vogue Us "
what you don't seem to get is that most people are not pleased with the way Vogue US is, contrary to Vogue Paris or Vogue Italia... You know there's something wrong when the best part of the magazine is the ads

13-08-2007
fashion icon

she should just be replaced.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
Why should we "tell Carine Roitfield..." and "Franca Sozzani..." anything! They've got their magazine's wonderfully under control!

under control? I don't like them Vogue Italia is the most boring magazine I have seen in my life, anonymous faces, pretentious editorials, everything is over the top .. c'mon bring Sexy Hollywood Stars to your magazine, Glamour, Hollywood, women with talent.

About Paris Vogue, I'm still laughing about that cover ala Playboy rabbit, so silly

13-08-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by taben View Post
You know there's something wrong when the best part of the magazine is the ads

I love ADS, they are so delicious what's wrong with ADS? why should the ads be worst than the rest of the magazine, I don't get what you wrote, really.

Last edited by Joseph26; 13-08-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anna, improve, revamp, vogue, wintour