How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmelanie View Post
she should just be replaced.
why should she be replaced if her Vogue is the best selling of the world?

13-08-2007
tfs star

I'd like for Mert & Marcus to start doing the covers...

13-08-2007
Fat Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph26 View Post
I love ADS, they are so delicious what's wrong with ADS? why should the ads be worst than the rest of the magazine, I don't get what you wrote, really.
What he means is, the editorials should really be the part of the magazine that shines...sure the ads are great, I love ads, but the main focus of the magazine should be the editorials. In US Vogue, the ads are really the only thing worth looking at because the editorials are so lame.

V.I.P.

she should put hilary and trentini on the cover and stop putting celebs on the covers ¨¨

V.I.P.

Quote:
I love ADS, they are so delicious what's wrong with ADS? why should the ads be worst than the rest of the magazine, I don't get what you wrote, really.
obviously you're playing a game or you really don't want to understand, so I'll leave it at that

13-08-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
What he means is, the editorials should really be the part of the magazine that shines...sure the ads are great, I love ads, but the main focus of the magazine should be the editorials. In US Vogue, the ads are really the only thing worth looking at because the editorials are so lame.
thanks

13-08-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
the editorials are so lame.
what you think is lame tons of people thinks is HEAVEN and viceversa, I don't think the eds of Paris/Italia Vogue are lame, they are SUPER LAME!

so I ask again, why should Anna be told about how to improve her Vogue, is she requesting ideas?

13-08-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
what you think is lame tons of people thinks is HEAVEN and viceversa, I don't think the eds of Paris/Italia Vogue are lame, they are SUPER LAME!
The only people who think the eds in US Vogue are 'heaven' are people who don't know true fashion, but they're just reading the magaizne because of its reputation.

Like I said earlier, the only reason Anna puts celebs on the cover is so that the magazine will sell to our celebrity-crazed culture. If she wanted to please her core audience, people who truly love fashion, then she would put models on the cover. But obviously she doesn't care about her core audience, she just cares about selling copies.

I don't understand why anyone would buy US Vogue nowadays when Vogue Paris is so much more creative and innovative. US Vogue is boring, bottom line.

┃tFS book challenge 2014┃currently reading ▶ The Park Service (Park Service Trilogy #1) by Ryan Winfield

Last edited by Candice89102; 13-08-2007 at 03:59 PM.
13-08-2007
V.I.P.

^ karma !

13-08-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candice89102 View Post
The only people who think the eds in US Vogue are 'heaven' are people who don't know true fashion, but they're just reading the magaizne because of its reputation.
I think the eds in US Vogue are Heaven and I know about true fashion.

Quote:
Like I said earlier, the only reason Anna puts celebs on the cover is so that the magazine will sell to our celebrity-crazed culture. If she wanted to please her core audience, people who truly love fashion, then she would put models on the cover. But obviously she doesn't care about her core audience, she just cares about selling copies.
valid reason, what's wrong? it's not like there are not other options for the "core" audience, they could buy Vogue Italia or others and leave Anna alone. models on covers are not a good idea 'cuase they are not alluring, not interesting at all.

Quote:
I don't understand why anyone would buy US Vogue nowadays when Vogue Paris is so much more creative and innovative. US Vogue is boring, bottom line.
because for every fan of Daria there are millions of Gwyneth, Kate Hudson, etc that's why! Is it that complicated to undertsand?

13-08-2007
tfs star

Vogue US has less creative & more mainstream, less interesting/edgey eds. (Irving Penn is an exception)

You can't really deny that.

13-08-2007
fashion elite

Never judge a book by its cover!unfortuantly for the us vogue the cover says it all!

She needs to give the photographer alot more creative freedom,jut look at meisel its like he's a different photographer when he shoots for the us vogue. The overall layout needs to become better amd edgier editorials.Anna w always plays it safe .She needs a better rotation system when it comes to the models.I love seeing Caroline.T but she isnt the only model and by using different models it gives the magazine more umph...

13-08-2007
fashion elite

MODELS ON THE COVER!!!!!HOW COULD I FORGET THAT??

13-08-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by modela View Post
Never judge a book by its cover!unfortuantly for the us vogue the cover says it all!

She needs to give the photographer alot more creative freedom,jut look at meisel its like he's a different photographer when he shoots for the us vogue. The overall layout needs to become better amd edgier editorials.Anna w always plays it safe .She needs a better rotation system when it comes to the models.I love seeing Caroline.T but she isnt the only model and by using different models it gives the magazine more umph...
hello!!!!! it's American Vogue, USA, United States of Norteamerica, they have their own idea about fashion, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren..... that's what they like, simplicity, they don't care about a pompous gown modeled by a skinny teen with face of Alien, we have to respect their culture.

if anyone has ultra Super high fashion sense then buy Italian Vogue and that's it.

13-08-2007
fashion elite

Hello!!!Its called VOGUE!!!NOT COSMO!!!I think you got it all wrong (no offense) who is talking about culture?the point is vogue is a fashion magazine ,i dont mind celebrities but atleast make sure that the covers are up to standards.

Last edited by modela; 13-08-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anna, improve, revamp, vogue, wintour