How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-08-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph26 View Post
I agree! I the trinity of the 00's, Britney + Paris + Lindsay, imagine they three on the Vogue cover ph'ed by Meisel
Please tell me you're kidding

┃tFS book challenge 2014┃currently reading ▶ The Park Service (Park Service Trilogy #1) by Ryan Winfield

14-08-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel222 View Post
#1.
Anna has to bring back the genuinely beautiful models and give them cover time, and start using the best stylists and makeup artists to make models beautiful instead of clown editorials, more modern woman/girl street and high fashion looks.
that's the point, but it's not going to happen soon, why? the fashion Industry don't want Supermodels anymore, they are happy with the whole roster of weird looking models cause they know that those models don't appeal to the masses.

they got mad with the power of the Supermodels (the originals, of course), they were bigger than Vogue, bigger than the designers so they don't want that again, that would be a nightmare for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel222 View Post
#2.
Photography in Vogue has been stale for the last 10 years or more. Penn, Avedon, Chris von Wangenheim, John Stember, Albert Watson, Arthur Elgort, Sheila Metzner, and rest worked their incredible creatively on the most beautiful models. Now a days a fading Steven Meisel is out of creativity and the quality shows. Mario Testino takes amateurish, gaudy, and non-artistic photos, for some reason Anna thinks he is the best "celebrity photographer" in the world. Which shows Anna as having poor judgment about this man.

I agree, Testino and Meisel are the most overrated photographers ever! I don't get what Tetsino does, really

14-08-2007
V.I.P.

to all: who would you like to substitute anna with then?

14-08-2007
V.I.P.

why would Conde Nast fire or replace Anna Wintour I don't think anybody's feeling the need to improve US Vogue since it's one of the most profitable magazines running. And money is, sadly, what it is all about, in the end.

14-08-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
You are once again mistaking mainstream icons with fashion icons, but considering your worship of the current format of Vogue, it isn't surprising.
wrong!, I was talking about mainstream fashion, for decades and decades the High Fashion world was only for rich people, it was not like everyone could say "I'm bored, I wanna see the new Dior fashion Show on Tv" hello!

Singers and actors were the ones ruling fashion for the mainstream, like Madonna in the 80's, she was the trend maker, Michael Jackson, George Michael, Cyndi Lauper ....

it was until the phemomenum of the Supermodels that mainstream people started to pay attention to High Fashion, everyone was into fashion, Mtv, Vh1, there was a fashion revolution in the 90's, it's not a secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
Also, supermodels existed before the 'Freedom video girls' era. Twiggy, Penelope Tree, Dovina, Jean Shrimpton, Lauren Hutton, Veruschka, anyone? Those girls were ubiquitous and they were fashion icons.
they were not Supermodels, and if they were then the Supermodels of the late 80's and early 90's were megaturbo-Supermodels 'cause there has to be a difference, the 90's Super were pop icons along with Madonna and Michael Jackson.

Dovima? Penelope Tree? ubiquitous? LOL!

14-08-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_expert View Post
why would Conde Nast fire or replace Anna Wintour I don't think anybody's feeling the need to improve US Vogue since it's one of the most profitable magazines running.
exactly! and KARMA!

14-08-2007
fashion elite

14-08-2007
V.I.P.

I would karma you if i could

14-08-2007
fashion elite

Laugh. My. A**. Off.

Karma.

14-08-2007
Fat Karl

So true Harumi!

15-08-2007
fashion elite

15-08-2007
backstage pass

I think that slowly but surely U.S. Vogue is imporving in areas like having models on the cover and having model profiles. the time has approached for there to be big changes in Vogue in order to adjust to today. With the Linda,Natalia and world's next top models covers, the suermodel problem is reaching a soultion.

Editorials are really, really lacking creativity though.

V.I.P.

I came to conclusion (not today... but a long time ago) Vogue US is a just catalogue... a luxury catalogue... with once or twice some good works... that's it... Anna Wintour is Fashion Godess (I have a joke about fashion editors... "What's the difference btw God and Fashion Editors?? God does not think he is a Fashion Editor)... it's just to see the big It oufits and acces.
no place for imagination, creation... Grace C. tries it once or twice with Meisel... they make very good editorials... but that's it! the rest is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.... and give pleasure to Fashion Labels to see their name on Vogue US' pages...
Anna Wintour does not deserve this place anymore, I think she should just consult (she's very very good for this...) and why not writes...
but she's no more into what she defines as Fashion...
I won't quote her again... but she should never say that on tv ...
I repeat "Fashion is a good mix btw art and commerce".... "Art and Commerce", not Commerce over Art...

the biggest point of this post??? the joke!

15-08-2007
the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
I came to conclusion (not today... but a long time ago) Vogue US is a just catalogue... a luxury catalogue... with once or twice some good works... that's it... Anna Wintour is Fashion Godess (I have a joke about fashion editors... "What's the difference btw God and Fashion Editors?? God does not think he is a Fashion Editor)... it's just to see the big It oufits and acces.
You're exactly right, and that's what I've been thinking for the past few months as well. Magazines like Harper's Bazaar and Elle balance pictures and writing by including both photo essays and editorials within their pages. Vogue, on the other hand, is strictly photos.

I almost feel like this entire issue is a joke on all of us. Did Anna really believe she could get away with having the same models in three different editorials? Not only is the idea ridiculous, it's flat out lazy.

fashion elite

^Anna's not really the one who books the models though. Vogue Us has casting directors who book the models specifically for each editorial, and the photographer and fashion editor/stylist have their say.

Yes Anna has the final say in everything..but she has other things to worry about than who the models are in the editorials. She's a busy woman and she's not the only one to blame for the redundancy in every issue.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anna, improve, revamp, vogue, wintour