How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-03-2005
front row

Tell Anna Wintour How To Improve / Revamp US Vogue
Ok, being an editor in chief is a tough job. It demands not only an over-developped sense of style but also a competent editorial work.

I've realized that Vogue America has lost a bit of editorial quality. It isn't that interesting anymore, the "star-system" with celebrities on the covers and even on editorials is getting monotonous and boring, the editorials featured are like a "do's and don'ts" for style-dummies... but Anna Wintour thinks this might be a killer weapon against her international competitors.

What would you tell her to change/ to improve at Vogue America? (suppose you've been hired as her coach)

And if you're satisfied with the (editorial) quality of Vogue America or even subscribed, tell us WHY??

31-03-2005
V.I.P.

no more actresses/singers/publicitywhores on the cover

31-03-2005
tfs star

astrology
since athena starwoman's death, there is no astrology page.
bazaar maintains an astrology page.
us vogue needs a horoscope & it should be sally brompton.

31-03-2005
backstage pass

i think we should all mail in letters. oh, and i should be on the cover, something like this:

31-03-2005
tfs star

UK Vogue
us vogue shouold be printed on heavy glossy stock like UK vogue.

it should be the correct large size that uk, paris & italian vogue are.

ever notice how cheap the paper is on us vogue? how tiny the mag is in comparison to euro vogue? we are getting ripped off in every way by inferior paper & pages.

31-03-2005
tfs star

Put Supermodels on the cover, Please!!!

Gisele, Natalia, Karolina, Daria, Kate, even Linda......

let the actresses do Us weekly, People, Star....

In the long run it will pay off. Sure people will pick up Vogue if they got Jlo or Nicole in the cover but in the long run....it'll turn off the true-blue fashionista, who's the main core of Vogue Magazine.

ok, ok, maybe Nicole because she's model-esque, but Who wants to buy Renee Zellweger and Gwen Stefani? I feel really un-Vogue everytime they're in the cover at my doorsteps! ugh!

31-03-2005
Someone's at the door

I would tell her to stop it with the model monopoly. In the beginning, I enjoy each new model used, but later, when it has been eight months + of the same model in the same type of editorial, I just want to barf. It used to be Carmen always. Then Karolina always. Then Natalia always. Then Liya always. Now Daria always. And this has been going on for years! Give us a break and use other models. Use a great variety of models. Suprise us. Leave us smiling or even repulsed at a new model being used. But please, don't leave us BORED!!

31-03-2005
windowshopping

iŽd change one thing only:

Anna Wintour hehehe

i just don like the mag anymore, at all... used to be good... now i can find better ones def

backstage pass

more on the models
more variety of models
less on actresses like J'lo sandra bullock drew berrymore... im not interested in them sorry
larger print would be a plus

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady grey
us vogue shouold be printed on heavy glossy stock like UK vogue.

it should be the correct large size that uk, paris & italian vogue are.

ever notice how cheap the paper is on us vogue? how tiny the mag is in comparison to euro vogue? we are getting ripped off in every way by inferior paper & pages.
I totally agree lady grey!!!

Every other Vogue is much better than crappy US Vogue!

All the other vogues have more variety, more adventurous editorials, really cool models, better glossy paper and print quality etc etc...

All this means that sadly US Vogue and Anna Wintour have really gone to the dogs!!! :p

31-03-2005
V.I.P.

I also don't like too much text on the covers...it's quite ugly.

31-03-2005
front row

Letter
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashatheelf
i think we should all mail in letters. oh, and i should be on the cover, something like this:
YEAH!!!! Absolutely fabolous idea, sashatheelf rock-chic(k)

WHY DON'T WE JUST WRITE A LETTER (or each of us sends one), A TRUE SNAIL MAIL, WITH OUR SIGNATURES ON IT TO ANNA WINTOUR??!!!
So far, all of your propositions are great, not even a market research institute can beat it.

or better: During the next Fashion Week in Paris, let's start a campaign

"VOGUE AMERICA RESURRECTION"

LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!

Last edited by iconemod; 31-03-2005 at 02:26 PM.
31-03-2005
backstage pass

Vogue is in dire need of some elegance...
they should...
- Use better paperstock for cover and inside pages, ie: Vogue Paris, Vogue Nippon
- Hire a new creative director, ie: Fabien Baron... or maybe even Doug Lloyd, to give the magazine a distinct "look" and point of view...
- Revamp typographical strategy... more interesting type design/layout, a la Harper's Bazaar in the nineties, or like the current Vogue Paris
- Revamp photographic strategy... Keep fashion veterans like Steven Meisel and Craig McDean (maybe push them a bit) on board, but should also consider and diversify the look of their editorial by using fresh, innovative photographic talent, like Solve Sundsbo, David Sims, Laurie Bartley, and Paolo Roversi, to mix up the look a bit... keep us excited and eager in anticpation as we turn each page. And sprinkle in some great still life by Guido Mocafico.
- and last but not least, revamp their model strategy. Daria is cool here and there, but she doesn't have to dominate the entire magazine. They should do a mix of fashion and beauty, using different faces, looks, ethnicities... ie: Daria, Julia, Hana, Tiiu, Ujjwala, Cameron, Raquel, Gemma, Jaunel, Mona, etc...
- Editorial should have more life and personality... more energy, more storytelling...

31-03-2005
tfs star

bikinis!
why no swim edits?

what was the last one, angie lindvall 18 months ago?

whats up with anna, why the frigid asexual policy?

look at italian vogue with nudity & julia in hot hot bikinis

look at paris vogue with gemma as lolita tons of nudity lingerie & bikinis monthly.

wht do we have a sexless antiseptic frigid grandmother's vogue for usa??

we used to have georgina & carmen on the cover in hot swimsuits.
what happened to anna??

31-03-2005
V.I.P.

^Very true. There is a definate lack in sexuality. ^

Besides the over abundance of actresses on the covers, I think there is a real lack of creativity. For instance, the editorials are usually quite dull and boring (with blank backgrounds, the same models in the same poses wearing outfits the EXACT same way we already saw them on the runway). It simply isn't innovative. In French and Italian Vogue, the photography is always bursting with creativity, fresh ideas, and fervent energy...American Vogue seems to lack this passionate quality.

Last edited by Fabulyss; 31-03-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anna, improve, revamp, vogue, wintour