How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2012
don't look down

Generally speaking, the phrase 'collectors' edition' is getting so out of hand, I even saw it slapped on the front of an issue of Grazia that contained - as far as I could see - no information that's any more special than you get in any issue of what's essentially a disposable weekly magazine, merely more pages.

'Collectors' edition' has become shorthand for when people have put no real thought into the making of an issue as some sort of lasting document, but need to resort to a phrase that artificially bumps up the supposed value of that magazine to increase sales today. You can see the commercial sense, but I'm sick of seeing those words.

05-03-2012
V.I.P.

Actually there are TWO newstand covers. According to Jennifer's twitter. MK and Ashley both get a newstand and only Ashley gets a subs cover.
Posted via Mobile Device

05-03-2012
Some Like It Hot

^But what is printed within the Magazine is gospel for now and since they only show ONE newsstand cover, And if it's printed within the Magazine I'll believe that over someones twitter account, Yet in the Issue with Alexa, when there were multiple covers, Karl and Alexa, they shown both covers, Yes Karl's had limited availability, which they shown as a Collectors edition, but it was still shown in the credits, So....

Ère de ℳodernité

^Just my two cents, that someone you're referring to is an ELLE UK employee

Some Like It Hot

^I know who she is.

V.I.P.

Well feel to believe as you will, but if the woman who picked the covers is telling me there's two newsstand covers then I personally believe there will be so.

Besides, there's been alternative covers before without them ever having being printed in the issue. Gwyneth Paltrow's last cover had three various newsstand covers, yet only one appeared in the issue.

It's due onto newsstands Wednesday but generally arrives a bit earlier, so I'm looking forward to seeing Ashley's newsstand cover, if she does indeed get one of course. Hopefully it's not just the same pose as Mary-Kate's.

05-03-2012
V.I.P.

Just wondering about the interview... will it be joint does anyone know?

05-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
there's a revealing interview with our cover stars, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #aprilelle
So guessing they're together for it, yes.

05-03-2012
V.I.P.

Ashleys cover is sooo much better to me then MKs, but mostly cause I adore that blue Prada jacket. THe inside pics look good, the prettiest Ive seen them look which is a nice change from all the edgy stuff they try to do, love that beaded Dolce dress on Ashley

05-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
@thatfrenchdude Hey, both have a newsstand cover, only Ash has subs – only so many cover shots we can do in one day! Hope you like.
JenniferELLEUK Twitter.

05-03-2012
Some Like It Hot

^I'm pleased she has a newsstand cover, because frankly I dislike Mary-Kates, but the reason I was so head strong before on her only having the subs cover is merely the fact of what is printed in black and white, so I do apologize!

Same image as the subs cover ?

V.I.P.

Ashley's newsstand cover is a new image, cropped at her knees. It's a beautiful image, much better than Mary-Kate's newsstand cover.

06-03-2012
V.I.P.

ElleUK.com

Last edited by honeycombchild; 06-03-2012 at 05:39 AM.
06-03-2012
V.I.P.

^ That's almost perfect.

06-03-2012
V.I.P.

Oh that is stunning, but then i love all covers posted, in fact this might be the first time i buy this mag in a very long time!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, alexi, april, ashley, elle, hay, marykate, olsen, uk