How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-07-2013
V.I.P.

UK Elle August 2013 : Pixie Geldof by David Vasiljevic

elleuk.com

Quote:
Pixie Geldof makes her ELLE debut on the cover of our iconic August 2013 issue.

Modelling the London collections, by designers including Christopher Kane, Jonathan Saunders, Mary Katranzou, and Richard Nicoll, the ultimate London girl brings all things cool, clever and a little bit crazy to home-grown fashion. Plus, she brought her dog Busta Sniff to the shoot. Always a bonus to have something small, furry and cute to cuddle on a long day. And she ate chips. Really, one of the best shoots ever.

The pictures kill it. And the interview will kill YOU - a remarkably candid Pixie talks frankly about her dad, Sir Bob Geldof, her mum Paula Yates, her sister Peaches Geldof, her best mate Alexa Chung, and her favourite London hangouts for shopping and playing.

Meanwhile, stay tuned for our exclusive behind the scenes film from our cover shoot, and Pixie's thoughts on style. We certainly did. 'Give a f**k what anyone else thinks' and 'I'd rather dress funny or bad than boring' remain personal highlights. And don't get us started on her denim thong anecdote.

Hope you like it as much as we do. Tweet us your thoughts on @ELLEUK.

01-07-2013
fashion elite

Not that I care at all about Pixie but for the first time the new layout look good with the image. The colours make sence and the overall effect is great.

01-07-2013
fashion icon

They finally did a cover that's got some life in it.

01-07-2013
MON
V.I.P.

Love the colors. Love the layout and how it works with the photo. Love the arms. Hate the facial expression. It's so dull and the mouth is so awkward.

tfs star

blah blah blah...

glee wiki

01-07-2013
fashion insider

not an interesting cover subject, but the color and layout is working really well this time.

01-07-2013
congratulations, nerds.

I saw the EIC describe this cover on Twitter a few weeks ago as featuring "the coolest, most in demand girl on the planet", so I was really looking forward to it.

Until now.

01-07-2013
V.I.P.

some life? she looks like she is about to fall asleep... like the colour, the pose but that girl... why is she on the cover anyway?
the most in demand girl on the planet? not even for tabloids!

01-07-2013
V.I.P.

i don't know why but she does do some great print work.. so much better than when you see her in candids. it's not a bad cover!

V.I.P.

I am really not fan of her, sorry but I hate this type of women...

V.I.P.

Pixie Geldoff? Like, seriously? Miley Cyrus, Pixie Geldoff and... Amy Adams? What on earth has happened to this magazine. It's beyond confused. Do they really believe the reader who cares about Pixie and Miley is the same one who cares for Amy?

I think it may well be time to cancel my subscription to this magazine. I'm genuinely dismayed that Lorraine and the UK Elle team think this is the way they should be going. Pixie Geldoff?

It's strange, as Harper's and Elle really slip down hill it appears British Vogue and even magazines like British InStyle are upping their game.

01-07-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Do they really believe the reader who cares about Pixie and Miley is the same one who cares for Amy?
Actually, does anyone care about Pixie? I'm not into socialites, so maybe I'm wrong, but is she even in the hype? From my point of view, it doesn't seem so.

02-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
I think it may well be time to cancel my subscription to this magazine. I'm genuinely dismayed that Lorraine and the UK Elle team think this is the way they should be going. Pixie Geldoff?
Do it, and I can guarantee you won't miss not receiving the magazine. You'll be saving the money and the space. I thought I would miss adding to my Elle collection - but I haven't. My last issue was the one with Kate Hudson on the cover and I haven't missed a single issue since, not even been tempted to pick a copy up from the newsstand. The magazine has become so bad, they've lost their identify, totally. Although I won't go on too much because I've mentioned the same thing over and over since their March re-design. They're due another one at this rate.

fashion insider

What is the fascination UK magazines have with the girl? There is hardly any issue that she's not in Vogue UK and now this. I do not think Geldof holds that much power.
Is this a case of serious lack of judgement? She's not even decorative to compensate the total lack of charisma.

02-07-2013
backstage pass

There is a 3rd cover. of model, Anne V, available from Selfridges.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, august, david, elle, geldof, pixie, uk, vasiljevic