How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-01-2013
backstage pass

She didnt get photo approval for UK Vogue.
They never give approval, hence why Jennifer Aniston has never been on the cover.

28-01-2013
V.I.P.

Perhaps not approval as such, but they let the star get their own way. Adele wouldn't let them shoot her full length for the cover and insisted on it being a head shot. Alex had a nice little rant about that one during some interview, so if Adele can get her way (then manage to be persuaded by Anna Wintour) I'm sure Victoria managed to wangle some form of approval.

28-01-2013
V.I.P.

^For her last UK Vogue cover Mrs Beckham had a 100 % approval, even down to hair and make-up, which is outrageous! I heard the only thing she didn't bother was with the approval of the article, they didn't give her that, which is strange because that would be the first thing i would have gone after if i was a celebrity!

And for this cover, they first had to make an agreement about featuring her dress on the cover before the deal was made, not to mention pay for the private plane that took her to Vegas for the shoot. So if she didn't get approval here its because she got many other things in return, and a celeb as controlling as her always does. Jennifer Aniston puts out a wholesome image of someone who is not complicated, but in reality she is even more difficult than Beckham, at least Victoria puts her money where her mouth is, she is a control freak, and goes as such on the record!

Someone needs to write a nice little book, about all of the business deals, and politics behind cover shoots, it will be far more interesting than the end results we get.

Alexandra Shulman saying in an interview they never ever indulge stars is the biggest lie there ever was!

29-01-2013
backstage pass

I love this look from her (apart from the exteme forced pout) ... its sexy, youthful and not as serious as most of her other covers ... besides I love her so any cover is great ...

30-01-2013
V.I.P.

This is in stores now, saw it this morning, so hopefully we'll get subscription copies today.

30-01-2013
Mag Master

Editorial:
Sports Heroes
Photographer: David Vasiljevic
Model: Beegee Margenyte
Styling: Nathalie Wansbrough-Jones
Hair: Pano Papandrianos
Make-Up: Mel Arter
Nails: Adam Slee

troublemanagement.blogspot

30-01-2013
Mag Master

Editorial:
Eternal Flame
Photographer: Emma Tempest
Model: Hannah Holman
Styling: Ye Young Kim
Hair: Dennis Gots
Make-Up: Steven Canavan

glossynewsstand.tumblr

30-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
^For her last UK Vogue cover Mrs Beckham had a 100 % approval, even down to hair and make-up, which is outrageous! I heard the only thing she didn't bother was with the approval of the article, they didn't give her that, which is strange because that would be the first thing i would have gone after if i was a celebrity!

And for this cover, they first had to make an agreement about featuring her dress on the cover before the deal was made, not to mention pay for the private plane that took her to Vegas for the shoot. So if she didn't get approval here its because she got many other things in return, and a celeb as controlling as her always does. Jennifer Aniston puts out a wholesome image of someone who is not complicated, but in reality she is even more difficult than Beckham, at least Victoria puts her money where her mouth is, she is a control freak, and goes as such on the record!

Someone needs to write a nice little book, about all of the business deals, and politics behind cover shoots, it will be far more interesting than the end results we get.

Alexandra Shulman saying in an interview they never ever indulge stars is the biggest lie there ever was!
i find all this to be rather ridiculous, if they don't want to go by what the people who actually know what their doing and want for their magazine then they shouldn't bother doing the damn shots to begin with. but since each party gets something out of it, it will continue.

30-01-2013
V.I.P.

Hannah's ed is lovely

30-01-2013
V.I.P.

That Hannah ed is nice, but the Sports Heroes is so badly styled, that is all they could do with the theme?!

ForChicSake i agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
This is in stores now, saw it this morning, so hopefully we'll get subscription copies today.
Very strange the sub copies didnt arrive yesterday, and still no UK HB!

30-01-2013
trendsetter

SUBSCRIBERS COVER.....quick snap by me.

30-01-2013
V.I.P.

This all feels like it comes from the time Christopher Kane first launched and that whole neon thing was happening... rather old, trying to be new?

30-01-2013
Mag Master

Special Cover HQ
Barbara Palvin

twitter/rosiebendandi

30-01-2013
trendsetter

Subcriber's Issue Outfit.

Chalayan Spring 2013 top.

style.com

30-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Cyruss View Post
Barbara Palvin

twitter/rosiebendandi
Thanks a million for posting this, what a great cover shot of Barbara, now this does feel more like the old Elle.

The subscribers cover image is nice, but way too much neon, and yes feels dated! Will be so interested to see how the next month cover with Rihanna looks, this new design does not work! The special cover is the proof of that!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, beckham, carter, elle, march, smith, uk, victoria