How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-01-2013
fashion elite

barbara's cover is beautiful!

30-01-2013
V.I.P.

Wow I really love Barbara's cover!

30-01-2013
backstage pass

I love both Barbara's cover and the sub cover, can't wait to see it in HQ!

Quick question, how do we get a hold of Barbara's cover? is it exclusive to subscribers only?

30-01-2013
front row

Scan by gill88

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby153 View Post
I love both Barbara's cover and the sub cover, can't wait to see it in HQ!

Quick question, how do we get a hold of Barbara's cover? is it exclusive to subscribers only?
It's not for subscriber's - it's available in limited stockists, usually WHSmith travel points, so stations, airports etc and also at selected newsstands - Selfridges, central London and such.

30-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
This is in stores now, saw it this morning, so hopefully we'll get subscription copies today.
My subscription hasn't arrived today, but seems most other subscribers have received theirs.

From the previews I'm not wanting the issue within a specific timeframe either. There's literally nothing that catches my attention thus far. The whole Victoria Beckham spread is too busy for me and too many colours, I would have done something in the studio. I hate the subscriber's cover, it's such a mess. This redesign has done Elle no favours whatsoever. I might look at it in a different light once I have the issue, though.

V.I.P.

Mine came today. I have to say that inside the magazine I don't mind the new look. It's very clean, blocky and graphic. It feels more modern than the cover makes it look. Some of the pages have a really good layout. Style For Less has been altered totally and now looks much simpler. The front of book is really nice. I don't care for the layout of the editorials much, particularly Victoria's jumbled section.

30-01-2013
backstage pass

I am actually finding the issue quite hard to read. There is A LOT going on.
Lorraine says it is all about interacting the magazine with the website and they are clearly going for a mass market and not the cool industry people.

30-01-2013
front row

Bought this today. I agree with honeycombchild - the layout takes a little bit of getting used to (it's less of a subtle redesign, more of a literal overhaul), but it's very graphic with lots of white space, and is a little similar to ELLE US, but it works quite well. There's now an entire section dedicated to street style, which I hope will be a monthly occurrence. The layout actually reminds me a little bit of Draper's and Monocle, but in a complimentary way, for sure, as HCC said - it's graphic, blocky, modern, and definitely addressing a younger clientele.

My only issue with the layout is the constant "love it > buy it > wear it" or the variations inside - it cheapens it a little bit, and gets somewhat annoying. The features can be lost a bit because they're not as prominent, but it's kind of fun, as if you're on a treasure hunt for the pages, haha!

Issue totals at around 412 pages - nice and bulky for a March issue, for ELLE at least.

Xiao Wang has an editorial inside, styling by Anne Marie Curtis and photos by Marcus Ohlsson (around 9 looks), and is gorgeous and probably one of the best shoots in the magazine for a while. VB's ed is actually pretty stunning, and the interview is laid out extremely well alongside it. The accessories pages have melded with the edits, and feature more Marie Claire USA style accessory shoots (quite artistic product shots) which works really, really well for the redesign.

I was a bit skeptical about the redesign, but it's definitely a fantastic issue. Maybe a bit of tweaking here or there (that love it/shop it/buy it thing is painful), and it's got the potential to be a really innovative magazine.

scenester

I really like the new design, it makes other magazines seem kinda dull and old now. But I agree some of the features are lost amongst everything else.

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

Is there any new unseen ads in the issue? And its nice to hear that inside the layout works better.

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

I can't say I noticed any new ads personally when I was looking through it...

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

Oh ok, thanks for the info.

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

The subscriber cover of Victoria is gorgeous, probably one of the best editorial shots Ive seen of her she looks very sexy and love that neon top. And Barbaras cover is very alluring as well.

31-01-2013
Mag Master

Cover+Story HQ:
Victoria
Photographer: Carter Smith
Styling: Allison Edmond
Hair: Kenna & Renato Campora
Make-Up: Wendy Rowe
Nails: Carla Kay

Digital Edition Elle UK 03/2013

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags