How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-02-2012
V.I.P.

UK Harper's Bazaar April 2012 : Cate Blanchett by Alexi Lubomirski

harpersbazaar.co.uk

27-02-2012
V.I.P.

I think the newsstands cover is much much better, but honestly neither is the best cover she did, with a subject like her, could have been more spectacular. They are not wowing me this year, so far.

27-02-2012
fashion elite

the second one is fierce and better but I don't get her appeal, I find her arrogant, not cool or hip and forced, I don't know, I don't see the acting talent, she is gorgeous for her age but I don't find her appealing

V.I.P.

There's another Iris Strubegger edit inside the issue, by Horst Diekgerdes.

No complaints concerning either covers, Cate's an appealing subject, but I would have favoured another photographer. Paola Kudacki's a British Bazaar favourite, I would have appreciated some freshness. Not that Lubomirski's dull, I'm just reminded of Beyonce's appearance, with the background.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrando3 View Post
the second one is fierce and better but I don't get her appeal, I find her arrogant, not cool or hip and forced, I don't know, I don't see the acting talent, she is gorgeous for her age but I don't find her appealing
I think at the end of the day, its all a matter of personal opinion, but your comment actually shocked me!

Arrogant? How so? Have you seen her in interviews? The classiest woman in Hollywood, with great wit, and intelligence. As for her acting talent, every critic under the sun would disagree with you on that one. I dont see forced either, she i so natural in her eds, unlike many other celebs, who are definition of forced.

27-02-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
I think at the end of the day, its all a matter of personal opinion, but your comment actually shocked me!

Arrogant? How so? Have you seen her in interviews? The classiest woman in Hollywood, with great wit, and intelligence. As for her acting talent, every critic under the sun would disagree with you on that one. I dont see forced either, she i so natural in her eds, unlike many other celebs, who are definition of forced.
No, I mean, I totally get that it's a matter of personal taste and opinion on actresses but she's bland for me, she's classy and beautiful but then in movies I've never been impressed with her, it's like, I don't know, she seems to force it to me but obviously she isn't the worst but I'd not call her the best actress in the world either lol but I get and respect what you say

V.I.P.

I adore Cate Blanchett, she's a spectacular woman and a spectacular talent, but I'm not hugely engaged with these images. I prefer the styling and pose of the subscriber's but the face of the newsstand. Hopefully her editorial has some better images in it.

27-02-2012
V.I.P.

I'm getting tired of Lubomirksi as well, but they worked together a lot in the past, and maybe Cate wanted them to use him? I am sure she has been on their cover many times before, i remember at least 2 covers, and i think all shot by Lubomirksi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrando3 View Post
No, I mean, I totally get that it's a matter of personal taste and opinion on actresses but she's bland for me, she's classy and beautiful but then in movies I've never been impressed with her, it's like, I don't know, she seems to force it to me but obviously she isn't the worst but I'd not call her the best actress in the world either lol but I get and respect what you say
Oh ok, i thought perhaps you saw some interview where she wasn't nice, but i can understand that, of course, not everyone is a fan of her acting, looks or personality.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 27-02-2012 at 11:28 AM.
27-02-2012
fashion icon

This woman is one of the few actresses who photographs well and they choose to do something so plain with her?

27-02-2012
French Chic

Much as I like Cate and she is one actress who seems to really understand fashion, I don't like either of these covers. I just think she photographs much better than this....usually.

clo
V.I.P.

Two amazing covers! Cate looks regal in both of them but I prefer the newsstand cover. There's so much grandeur about it.

27-02-2012
V.I.P.

never get tired of her... I see the newsstand cover is much better!

27-02-2012
don't look down

Adore the newsstand, detest the subscribers, she just looks like she's wearing a jacket 'made for the larger gentleman' with the arms cut off... it's those linebacker shoulders, for me, they visually overpower everything else in that first cover image.

MON
V.I.P.

The newsstand is beautiful! Lacking of a bit of text though..l the subs is awkward

V.I.P.

Love Cate so Im always happy to see her on a cover, I think she looks boss in the black jacket, excited to see her edit and Iris' too!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, alexi, april, bazaar, blanchett, cate, harper, lubomirski, uk