How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

^ Helena's face looks good? Really?

02-11-2011
.my prison is your brain.

I possibly love Helena more than any other "super", but once again she has ruined a cover. Why do her eyes always look so squinted and old? She looks great in candid and event pictures. Sadness.

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Yeah Helena ruins the cover. Also Yasmin. Just crop it to Cindy, Naomi and Eva 'cause they make the cover more exciting for me.

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Great lineup with so much potential for a great cover.

fashion insider

Every recent gathering of old Supers has felt like a disappointment to me. I look at this photo and forget why these models were ever considered the best in the business. It's all just so boring.

02-11-2011
backstage pass

Love this cover!

02-11-2011
front row

Me too! So strong. Can't wait for ed and the video (?) if what Twitter has said is true - fingers crossed!

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Yeah, I am not feeling this cover.

V.I.P.

Finally! Okay I really like it. Afterall the hype we did get a safe shot but its still hot. I especially love Naomi, Yasmin and Eva on this cover.

fashion icon

The cover is great. I love it. Can't wait to see it in HQ. And some of these comments are almost laughable. I think some people are just upset because casting wasn't what they themselves would've chosen.

I look forward to seeing the contents.

02-11-2011
backstage pass

Great Cover!!!! All the ladies look Amazing...Helena expression is a lil off.. I believe she intentionally squint her eyes trying to make them look even more intense but it ends up looking like she's going blind or too much wind in her eyes...Cant wait to see the Edit and the video...I wish Naomi wasnt cheesing so hard but its ok since she has other covers out there where she's going into edgy, AvantGarde territory so this commercial safe cover is alright to me..Yasmin looks Phenomenal too!

fashion icon

Quote:
They have a combined age of 214. Yet whether you ascribe it to remarkable genes, marvellous make-up or (for the really cynical) artful airbrushing, there can be no denying that this vintage line-up of supermodels still looks very super indeed on the Harper's Bazaar magazine's December-issue cover. The image is an impressive showcase not only for Dolce & Gabbana corsets (the designers mastermind the look of the cover), but for the remarkable longevity of fashion's greatest generation of clotheshorses - the supermodels.

Bazaar's editor Lucy Yeomans recruited her roster of supermodel cover girls as part of a project that saw them cast in a video for a Duran Duran single named Girl Panic. The shoot took place back in June, but according to Stefano Gabbana's Tumblr commentary at the time it felt much longer ago than that: "I feel like in the 90's", he said.

It a month short of 22 years since Vogue magazine started the whole supermodel shebang with its wonderful cover of January 1990. All of them wearing Giorgio di Sant'Angelo, the original super-roster of Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Tatjana Patitz, Christy Turlington and Cindy Crawford stared - seemingly unmade-up and most definitely un-airbrushed - straight down Peter Lindbergh's lens.

That single shot alerted the fashion world to the remarkable crop of once-in-a-generation beauties that was suddenly in its midst. Along with Claudia Schiffer, they were termed the "Big Six" and speedily became famous well beyond the confines of fashion.

Two of Vogue's originals are on Bazaar's recast homage; Crawford (now 45) and Campbell (41). The three supermodel substitutes are Helena Christensen (43), Eva Herzigova (38) and Yasmin Le Bon, (47), wife of Duran Duran's Simon.
fashion.telegraph.co.uk

02-11-2011
fashion elite

Compared with Vogue Spain cover this is pretty good...

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

^^WTF! 'They have a combined age of 214...' was that necessary?! Who wrote that? My lil'sis could do better,jokes.

V.I.P.

I was so excited and expected much better result, but it's always like this, when there's big hype about something, the result is usually disappointing, agree with members who say it's not cover material shot. But I don't hate it, how can I dislike cover with 5 supermodels and especially with Naomi. Can't wait for subscriber's cover.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, akerlund, bazaar, cindy, december, eva, harper, helena, jonas, naomi, uk, yasmin