How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-11-2011
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMIFAN9 View Post
^^WTF! 'They have a combined age of 214...' was that necessary?! Who wrote that? My lil'sis could do better,jokes.
When I read that my first thought was "so?" how is that relevant at all? Might as well just say they have a combined height of 29 ft. or something.

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMIFAN9 View Post
^^WTF! 'They have a combined age of 214...' was that necessary?! Who wrote that? My lil'sis could do better,jokes.
I wouldn't think much of it, since its Telegraph, and they sure love their snarky remarks.

02-11-2011
don't look down

I don't ever see the point of 'combined age' descriptions, am I supposed to imagine that five supermodels are the equivalent of one really old tortoise, or be impressed that someone on a newspaper can remember how to use a calculator?
Posted via Mobile Device

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

I'm reminded of a collections supplement I received with Turkish Bazaar, I anticipated so much more. Fingers crossed, the subscribers cover has appeal. Although from the newsstand, I'm not expectant of much. British Bazaar have produced covers, with far less interesting cover subjects more justice. I'd hate to rant further, and the other cover to be outstanding.

French Chic

HB UK has produced some fine covers lately, and this had the potential to be something spectacular and it's just all a bit 'so what'? I'm afraid.
5 extremely gorgeous women against a plain back drop........they could have come up with a more inventive idea.
Anyhow Cindy looks great, but I am totally sick of the way Helena is looking on all her latest covers.......she always looks weird and she is without doubt my favourite among these ladies.
Anyhow still anticipating the Duran Duran vid. which I'm sure will be great.

clo
V.I.P.

This cover is even scarier than Vogue Spain's cover and that one was a mess! Looks like they don't have much respect for the Supers! I do hope the contents are better, though.

02-11-2011
Rhoda Addict

A must-buy

02-11-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualoptimism View Post
Eva is the only one who looks any good, the cover is awful
i agree, i don't even like Eva but she's outshining the other girls like mad...i think it'd be better if they just had her on the cover

also, what???? is up with Yasmin's hair? girl, you can look sooo much better than that...

V.I.P.

its refreshing to see a cover with model faces i actually recognize and give a damn about

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

not bad

V.I.P.

I'm not great fan of the newstand cover i was excepted more, but the subscriber cover will be better & the ed.

02-11-2011
backstage pass

a small preview from HB UK - can't wait to see the video!

http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/magaz...ember-2011-394
Attached Images
File Type: jpg in-the-mag-december-2011-cover-story-96588467.jpg (53.9 KB, 40 views)

V.I.P.

^That should be soooo cool!!

backstage pass

Le Bon to do this: Naomi Campbell takes the lead (naturally) as supermodels imitate Duran Duran in Harper's Bazaar photoshoot

By Marcus Barnes

Last updated at 12:47 AM on 3rd November 2011

They may be a little older than their successors on the catwalks of the world, but a group of supermodels prove they can still rock and roll in a new photoshoot with Harper's Bazaar.

Naomi Campbell, Helena Christensen, Yasmin Le Bon, Cindy Crawford and Eva Herzigova teamed up for the shoot which sees them transformed into members of Duran Duran.

Each of the five models take a different role in the band, Naomi Campbell, quite predictably, taking pole position as the lead singer.

Leader of the pack: Naomi Campbell takes the lead as Simon Le Bon

Guitar heroes: Yamins Le Bon and Cindy Crawford handle their instruments like seasoned pros

Dressed in a red velvet suit, the 41-year-old wears her hair similar to Mick Jagger in his heyday. In fact, her guise is modeled on that of her model friend Yasmin's husband, Simon Le Bon.

While Cindy Crawford and Yasmin LeBon flank her with their guitars.

Cindy, 45, plays John Taylor in a matching grey pinstripe waistcoat and trousers handling her bass guitar like a seasoned pro.

Likewise Yasmin, 47, holds her guitar with experience wearing an all-black ensemble including a choker around her neck.
At the back Helena Christensen, 42, takes charge of the drums.

Drumming up support: Helena Christensen puts her sticks to work as Roger Taylor

Note perfect: Eva Herzigova wears a fitted white suit for her turn as Nick Rhodes

She plays Roger Taylor and is dressed suitably in all-black like her bandmate Yasmin, this time however with her sleeves rolled up in true rock drummer style.

Youngest of the group at 38, Eva Herzigova works the keyboard as Nick Rhodes, looking great in a fitted white suit.

The five ladies also team up for the magazine's front cover in black Dolce & Gabbana corsets, and prove why they're still highly regarded within the fashion industry, their collective age of 203 no reflection on their modeling capabilities.
Rock on! (l-r) Cindy Crawford, Helen Christensen, Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova and Yasmin LeBon imitate Duran Duran for a photoshoot in the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar

Model behaviour: The ladies appear on the front cover of Harper's Bazaar this month

The shoot was taken in conjunction with a video shoot for Duran Duran's new single Girl Panic - which also starred the five supermodels.

Directed by Jonas Ackerlund, who also directed Lady Gaga's Paparazzi and Telephone (featuring Beyoncé) and Christina Aguilera's 2011 single Moves Like Jagger.

The shoot took place back in June, when they were also joined by designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana.
During the course of the shoot editor of Harpers Bazaar, Lucy Yeomans tweeted: 'Longest, latest Bazaar shoot in history. Didn't start on cover til 1am & got home at 4, but utterly worth it. One more day to go...'

And later: 'This has to have been one of the most extraordinary days of my life. A little bit of fashion history made!"
Editor Lucy Yeomans tweeted: "This has to have been one of the most extraordinary days of my life. A little bit of fashion history made!'

The video for Girl Panic is expected to be serialized virally online before premiering in whole later this year.
The December issue of Harper's Bazaar is out now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2056882/Still-rocking-rolling-Naomi-Campbell-takes-lead-supermodels-imitate-Duran-Duran-Harpers-Bazaar-photoshoot.html

V.I.P.

OMG!!! The ed looks promising, can't wait to see this & the video.

And Akerlund is the photographer.

Last edited by burbuja8910; 02-11-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, akerlund, bazaar, cindy, december, eva, harper, helena, jonas, naomi, uk, yasmin