How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

Harper'sBazaar.co.uk

03-11-2011
tfs star

They could have done much better with them

trendsetter

I think the simplicity of it makes it wonderful. I love the editorial.

V.I.P.

African Queen looks nice!

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

OK in isolation I think that Helena's image is the best (although not sure how it will come of in HQ), but it does not fit in with the others.

I also like the vibe that Cindy, Naomi and Eva are giving but Eva's hair and make up bring it down.

I think that more thought should have been given to the composition and vibe. I think that if they could have captured the vibe that Cindy, Naomi and Eva were giving off across the board with better hair and make up, that would have made for a good cover. If they could have captured the vibe that Helena was giving off with better composition and hair and make up, that had the makings of a great cover.

All these chicks have great bods.

ETA:
Was this an impromptu shoot and cover, i.e., was an HB photographer allowed in to shoot outtakes from the video, or was this a planned cover and ed for HB? I remember reading about this project a while back but I have not been following the play-by-play?

Last edited by agee; 03-11-2011 at 04:08 AM.
03-11-2011
rising star

Just got my issue! Wow!!!! So many more great shots inside in different set ups. It's over 22 pages...

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

OMG how come I haven't received my copy yet...

03-11-2011
The future is stupid

They all look so dated.

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

I don’t know guys why you expected something extraordinary... I did not... even with Bazaar... esp if you listened to the song which I love by the way... I knew it would be bright... I knew there would be some wigs involved ... everything was supposed to be very commercial...humorous, cheesy and a bit gimmicky...and after all it is behind the scenes shoot...

Good to see models taking over celebrities’ jobs... bloody celebrities have been stealing their jobs for so long now ;-)

I am sure our opinion will change when we see the HQ... poor Helena has been getting all the stick... I don’t think she looks weird for a minute... and I am sure the HQ will prove me right...

it is good to have something like that for a change but not made up to perfection lady gagas pretending to be style icons... I love this girls bcos they don’t give a damn... they can do cheesy and they can do edgy, they can do over made up and they can do bare... and this is the only reason why they are supermodels..

of course I would have preferred to have a cover like this:

but good to have something different for a change.

image url: un-titled project

Last edited by KissMiss; 03-11-2011 at 05:19 AM.
03-11-2011
V.I.P.

More previews

harpersbazaar.co.uk

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
They all look so dated.
my thoughts exactly

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

Am I the only one that absolutely loves the cover? Sure, there's always the feeling of "it could probably have been better" when you have such an amazing cast, but if you look at these models' recent work I think none of it was mindblowing or anything. And this is a really gorgeous shot of very beautiful women and I think they all look great. The previews of the video & ed ook promising, can't wait to see everything.

Also, is that Daria Pleggenkuhle in both the African Queen and the Golden Girl editorial? Her last HB UK ed was amazing, the preview for these look nice, too.

03-11-2011
trendsetter

I like the cover. I think I will apreciate it more when I'll see it physically because here I can't see the eyes of the girls.
I'm in love with the first photos of the article, the setting and the mood are great.
My first thought was they put the british girls in the front with the american and the Danish and Czech in the back. Of course, it's a british magazine. I'm very impatient to discover the other photos and more solo ones.

03-11-2011
trendsetter

Can someone tell me if there is an article in the daily mail on paper ? my bookshop receive it a day after and it will help me a lot to know the date. Thank you.

03-11-2011
hors concours♛

My initial reaction was "it could've been better" but the more I look at it the more I like it. You can't go wrong with the Supers. (btw had no idea that was an official nickname for them, I thought it was just forum abbreviation, haha) Pretty cool, these WOMEN have their own nickname on covers. They're icons. Icons never go out of style.

Tags
2011, akerlund, bazaar, cindy, december, eva, harper, helena, jonas, naomi, uk, yasmin