How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelabella View Post
My initial reaction was "it could've been better" but the more I look at it the more I like it. You can't go wrong with the Supers. (btw had no idea that was an official nickname for them, I thought it was just forum abbreviation, haha) Pretty cool, these WOMEN have their own nickname on covers. They're icons. Icons never go out of style.
exactly my thoughts;-) i wont be surprised if it is going to be the highest selling British magazine of the month.

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMiss View Post
I don’t know guys why you expected something extraordinary... I did not... even with Bazaar... esp if you listened to the song which I love by the way... I knew it would be bright... I knew there would be some wigs involved ... everything was supposed to be very commercial...humorous, cheesy and a bit gimmicky...and after all it is behind the scenes shoot...

Good to see models taking over celebrities’ jobs... bloody celebrities have been stealing their jobs for so long now ;-)

I am sure our opinion will change when we see the HQ... poor Helena has been getting all the stick... I don’t think she looks weird for a minute... and I am sure the HQ will prove me right...

it is good to have something like that for a change but not made up to perfection lady gagas pretending to be style icons... I love this girls bcos they don’t give a damn... they can do cheesy and they can do edgy, they can do over made up and they can do bare... and this is the only reason why they are supermodels..

of course I would have preferred to have a cover like this:

but good to have something different for a change.

image url: un-titled project
I don't want to offend anyone, but OK we get! How many times is it necessary to try and make us see that the blandness of this cover is justified? Some people here are Helena fans and some are not. Some people like it, some not. Some people are biased, most are not. It's seems a bit redundant to rationalize out of bias the boring nature of this cover all the time.

Last edited by mikel; 03-11-2011 at 08:20 AM.
03-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
OK we get! How many times is it necessary to try and make us see that the blandness of this cover is justified? Some people here are Helena fans and some are not. Some people like it, some not. Some people are biased, most are not. It's seems a bit redundant to rationalize out of bias the boring nature of this cover all the time.
I am allowed express my opinions as far as I am aware...
I am not rationalising anything...
I am not asking anyone to agree or disagree...
I don't expect anyone to like Helena either...
Moreover, I said for many times that when it comes to Helena I am 100% biased... I don't pretend to be objective unlike some people...
But I am sure if these five were replaced by Freja and the co, who produce nothing but the bordome as far as I am concerned, we would have had different comments...

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

I'm very sad to say the subscriber's cover is the exact same shot.

Harper's Bazaar.co.uk

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
I'm very sad to say the subscriber's cover is the exact same shot.

Harper's Bazaar.co.uk
I had a feeling it would be...

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

eh, that's disappointing!

03-11-2011
don't look down

Having a quick flick through it on the newsstand this morning, I was disappointed by the entire issue. Aside from the main supermodel feature, I didn't get the sense of there being that much other serious content - what I was hoping to see was a series of solid fashion editorials that really add to the cover story to make this a great December issue, full of party glitz and glamour.

Instead, the magazine feels like it's full of little features, fragmented and lightweight, and fashion content that seems to fade into the background. A lot of the photography/design is stunning, as always with Bazaar, but it didn't shout out to me as a compelling purchase, even with those familiar faces on the front.

V.I.P.

^ I agree, need to check it out better, but first impression was the same as with Vogue issue, not December enough for my taste. I love me a festive Glamorous fantasy for the Holidays, so far I'm still waiting...maybe other mags will deliver.....

03-11-2011
front row

Its a disaster, perhaps I shouldn't have renewed my subscription! It looks cheap, not sure I would be that bothered if my issue gets lost in the post.

The covers are pretty laughable in comparison to last years December issue with Natalia on the front. Oh well, UK HB won't be seeing out this year with a bang in my opinion.

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

Mine hasn't arrived in the mail, I'm eager to see the issue in print, and I failed to spot it on the stands this morning. There's something about the subscriber's cover I admire. I'll have to deal with the lackluster approach.. and notably British Bazaar have failed to deliver, with such potential. From the previews on Bazaar's site, I don't anticipate the editorial content either. Maybes once I have the issue I'll be attracted. Bring on Duran Duran's Girl Panic video, though.

V.I.P.

I'm dissapointed by the whole thing. Flicking through it today nothing grabbed me in the slightest. The lack of festivity in the December issue really buggs me. For me Harper's had the best December issue last year, closely followed by Vogue. They were both exciting, festive and beautiful. This year they're just dull.

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

A sneak preview of Naomi...

http://youtu.be/gw3fqlff5KA

03-11-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMiss View Post
But I am sure if these five were replaced by Freja and the co, who produce nothing but the bordome as far as I am concerned, we would have had different comments...
No question about it. "The best cover of the year" and other such comments.
I don't understand what some people "expected" to see on this cover? What more could these women have possibly done? Were people expecting to see some of the women sitting down while the others stood up, like we see in all other model-group-shots out there?
I think this cover is just fine as it as. I love the red background contrasted with the black clothes. And the women's facial expressions/smiles are sort of a reflection of their own personalities:
the coy smiles of the low-key Yasmin and Eva
the mysterious allure of Helena
the vibrancy of Naomi
and the wholesome charm of Cindy

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

They all look beautiful! I just wish they had selected different clothes for them.

backstage pass

Did anyone who bought the magazine watch the "enhanced cover" video via Zappar? If you did, what's it like? (And can those of us who don't have an iPhone or Android ever see it?)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, akerlund, bazaar, cindy, december, eva, harper, helena, jonas, naomi, uk, yasmin