How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral1532 View Post
No question about it. "The best cover of the year" and other such comments.
I don't understand what some people "expected" to see on this cover? What more could these women have possibly done? Were people expecting to see some of the women sitting down while the others stood up, like we see in all other model-group-shots out there?
Let me get this straight... So the only way to depict a groupshot is like on the Bazaar cover?

What about this:

hfgl, mojopin scans

I'm not saying they should be like VI, but Bazaar has proven in the past to be perfectly capable to produce visually exciting covers

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

no offense but this comparison is not very relevant as far as I am concerned... I can't see women in their 40's pillow fighting and looking great... or motocycling... or lying with each other... or on the top of each other... or doing voodoo... let alone the fact that Vogue Italia is the magazine that carries a totally different concept... and none of these examples would entertain the idea behind the video... that's my verdict...

again! I am not saying they could not have done better job but it is a 100% commercial idea and stands as a promotional material for the video... I am repeating myself but the supers are not acting like just models... this is beyond just modelling... they are supposed to look like a sexy rock band and I think they do...

Last edited by KissMiss; 03-11-2011 at 04:47 PM.
03-11-2011
V.I.P.

what would be great if they were holding some guitars and dramsticks, etc...

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMiss View Post
no offense but this comparison is not very relevant as far as I am concerned... I can't see women in their 40's pillow fighting and looking great... or motocycling... or lying with each other... or on the top of each other... or doing voodoo... let alone the fact that Vogue Italia is the magazine that carries a totally different concept... and none of these examples would entertain the idea behind the video... that's my verdict...

again! I am not saying they could not have done better job but it is a 100% commercial idea and stands as a promotional material for the video... I am repeating myself but the supers are not acting like just models... this is beyond just modelling... they are supposed to look like a sexy rock band and I think they do...
Nowhere am I saying that the Bazaar cover should be exactly like the VI covers I posted nor am I making a comparison. All I'm trying to do is show that there are more visually engaging ways to do a group shot for a cover.

And the only way to depict them as a 'sexy rockband' on the cover is like this? Them just standing there smiling, in black outfits against a red background? Seems indeed very rock 'n roll to me.

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

here we go as HQ as I could get it... as expected the cover look amazing in real... very captivating... the girls look stunning...the editorial is great too... there's one amazing shot with Domenico and Stefano... could have been a good alternative for the subscribers cover...

MyScan

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

As expected the cover looks as dull and lifeless as the preview suggested. but thanks for posting the HQ.

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

sorry it came out a bit too dark...

MyScans

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

After seeing it in real life I actually felt more dissapointed to be fair. I don't care for the shoot as a whole either. I just don't think it does anything... it's like.. Let's hire these amazing models and just have them stand there. We don't do anything, we'll just get them to stand there.

Maybe we've just come to expect so much of Bazaar's covers and editorials that it's the comparison between this and them that makes it appear so dull.

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

haha, it is so funny to see that the forum picked all the negative quotes to make an article about this cover... well if that's not the rationalisation of biased opinions then I don't know what is... or as I would call some kind of clickiness that one encounters here from time to time...
I don't see how 3 girls laying next to each other looking bored out of their minds is not dull but having 5 gorgeous women showing their amaizng bodies is dull... and I am not even a person who said it is the best cover they could have come up with...

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

^^ To me its even worse than hiring such iconic models and using them to stand there, it actually feels second rate! More like; look at what we came up with at the Duran Duran video shot, when we finally got some time with them. This feels like a preview at behind the scenes, than actual cover & editorial worthy material. I love every single model used, so argument that somehow if it was someone else i would love it, does not hold water! This is simply not good enough (imho) coming from HB!

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 04-11-2011 at 06:12 AM.
04-11-2011
V.I.P.

HQ Subscriber's Cover:

scan by vogue28

Review

Girls On Film
Models: Yasmin, Helena, Cindy, Noami & Eva
Photographer: Jonas Akerlund
Stylist: Vanessa Coyle
18 Photos

African Queen
Model: Daria Pleggenkuhle
Photographer: Mark Segal
Stylist: Joanne Blades
8 Photos

Golden Girl
Model: Daria Pleggenkuhle
Photographer: Mark Segal
Stylist: Joanne Blades
6 Photos

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMiss View Post
haha, it is so funny to see that the forum picked all the negative quotes to make an article about this cover... well if that's not the rationalisation of biased opinions then I don't know what is... or as I would call some kind of clickiness that one encounters here from time to time...
I don't see how 3 girls laying next to each other looking bored out of their minds is not dull but having 5 gorgeous women showing their amaizng bodies is dull... and I am not even a person who said it is the best cover they could have come up with...
Indeed, it's all just one big conspiracy of Helena-haters taking over.

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

haha... i have not singled her out when making my comment but you did for some reason... it is pointless... i appreciate your opinion even if I disagree and good luck...

04-11-2011
trendsetter

I really like the cover now that I can see it in HQ. It's joyful.

04-11-2011
backstage pass

Why aren't the band in the photos? Boring...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, akerlund, bazaar, cindy, december, eva, harper, helena, jonas, naomi, uk, yasmin