How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

UK Harper's Bazaar December 2011 : Yasmin, Helena, Cindy, Naomi Eva by Jonas Akerlund

fashionfoiegras/Twitter.com

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 02-11-2011 at 06:34 AM.

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Even with all these girls and all the buzz and hype, I'm dissappointed. It doesn't look spectacular at all.

02-11-2011
fashion elite

It's terrible

02-11-2011
fashion insider

it looks pretty festive for me (probably because of the background) but yes, they can do more with the girls but not really disappointing thou

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

I just feel like this could have been done so much better, i dont understand why Helena is looking so bad, face wise, on these covers lately, but its horrible. Others while looking relaxed, dont engage, because the attitude doesnt match the styling imho. Plus the red background isnt working either, although i see what they were going for, since its December.

For me, one of their least attractive covers in a while, in fact i will take Gisele's UK Vogue cover over all of them here!

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Don't hate the cover but it could of been better. I wish Helena was smiling like the other four.

When it comes to featuring the ''Supers'' whatever combo they use it always feels like someones missing.

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

I think I need to see it in HQ first... I think because of high expectations it is always feels like a dissapointment... I actually like it... I am not crazy about it though... but maybe I will go crazy when I see it in better quality...

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

+ let's not forget... this is a highly commercial project... and even for edgy Bazaar it would have been hard to pull it through without considering this aspect... + it is December... so they had to make it festive too...

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

^But even when you consider all those factors I believe Bazaar is more than capable to produce a more visually engaging and captivating cover.

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Eva is the only one who looks any good, the cover is awful

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
^But even when you consider all those factors I believe Bazaar is more than capable to produce a more visually engaging and captivating cover.
that's true but we still need to see it in HQ i believe...

also subscribers cover might be more interesting...

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

It really reminds me of the holiday Hello covers, the ones they do when they take a celebrity candid from an event, and stick that cheap red background in the back. But i do agree that it might possibly look good in HQ or in print, and hopefully the sub cover is different (but better).

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

I like it. It's celebratory and eventful but not over the top. Yeah, I guess I'd prefer something more 'modely' but this is more about these women as celebrities, not just models. I think it works.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I like it. It's celebratory and eventful but not over the top. Yeah, I guess I'd prefer something more 'modely' but this is more about these women as celebrities, not just models. I think it works.
exactly i dont regard it as a model cover... 'supers' represent a kind of celebrity...
plus it is very festive and glossy and for that reason HQ could be more convincing...

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxxx View Post
it looks pretty festive for me (probably because of the background) but yes, they can do more with the girls but not really disappointing though
Exactly. I'm not too disappointed per se, I just think that both the potential they had and our expectations make this cover look subpar. Still excited for the editorial

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, akerlund, bazaar, cindy, december, eva, harper, helena, jonas, naomi, uk, yasmin