UK Harper's Bazaar December 2014 : Carey Mulligan by Alexi Lubomirski - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-10-2014
tfs star

UK Harper's Bazaar December 2014 : Carey Mulligan by Alexi Lubomirski
SUBSCRIBERS COVER

instagram.com/deedee

27-10-2014
V.I.P.

Gorgeous!

don't look down

I've seen this 'veil over face' thing done before by UK Bazaar, for a previous 'Women of the Year' issue with Marion Cotillard (media.magpile.com):

V.I.P.

The cover is not showing for me, and the credited source shows an account with no posts? Either way......

Picardie is incredibly uninspired with her cover choices!!! Carey was on the cover only a little over a year ago!

27-10-2014
fashion insider

Who cares about Carey Mulligan?! Honestly... Can someone answer me that? How do these niche actresses sell any copies of anything?? Is it proven that they increase newsstand sales? I get why editors put Angelina and Aniston on the cover but Carey f*cking Mulligan??? And more than once?

27-10-2014
V.I.P.

I also find Carey Mulligan an extremely boring public figure and quite frankly, couldn't care less about what she's talking about. Nonetheless, this is a beautiful cover for a December issue and I do love those shades of blue. I will now eagerly anticipate my copy arriving in the mail..

Mr. Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
The cover is not showing for me, and the credited source shows an account with no posts? Either way......

Picardie is incredibly uninspired with her cover choices!!! Carey was on the cover only a little over a year ago!
I thought it's just me..

instagram/adamjrainer

27-10-2014
fashion elite

Well Carey is one of my favourite actresses especially after seeing her in Skylight, a play which got her rave reviews and broke box office records, so I'm happy to see her on the cover and it is also her best cover in a while.

I don't get why actresses have to be "interesting" to the public to be taken seriously or deserve magazine covers. I'd rather hear from the likes of Carey than hear Jennifer Aniston or Goop talk about their personal lives for the millionth time.

Last edited by pixiedust1603; 27-10-2014 at 01:12 PM.
27-10-2014
fashion insider

Carey is probably one of the most talented actresses of her generation. She has had a lot of good roles already and gets critical acclaim. It's not like she is on the cover for doing nothing or because of some lifestyle website she is launching.

27-10-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Piece Of Me] View Post
It's not like she is on the cover for doing nothing or because of some lifestyle website she is launching.
Priceless

(and oh so true!)

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Piece Of Me] View Post
Carey is probably one of the most talented actresses of her generation. She has had a lot of good roles already and gets critical acclaim. It's not like she is on the cover for doing nothing or because of some lifestyle website she is launching.
True.. But even the launch of a new website opens the interview up to a broader discussion. I had no problem the first time Carey was on the cover she was a new talent and the best fashion magazines have always profiled up and comers or the prominent artists of the day. My problem lies in the fact that she has already been featured and how is this interview going to be any different? There's nothing new to cover. Magazines should take the Vogue Madonna approach IMO. Yes.. They have covered a massively successful artist through out her career but at key points and during massively different points in her life. They should do that with all the actresses they profile.

Last edited by A.D.C.; 27-10-2014 at 03:32 PM.
27-10-2014
V.I.P.

She's on the cover because she is one of Harper's Bazzar's Women of the Year. Cate Blanchett was one of their women of the year in 2013, and she was on the cover the previous year, too. It's really as simple as that.

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 27-10-2014 at 04:00 PM.
27-10-2014
rising star

Honsetly, I liked it better with the bluish light

27-10-2014
backstage pass

I love Carey and that subs cover makes me want to subscribe. Have always been a fan of HB UK.

27-10-2014
V.I.P.

Carine Roitfeld's Resort story is featured inside the issue with Gigi Hadid, photographed by Michael Avedon.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, alexi, bazaar, carey, december, harper, harpers, lubomirski, mulligan, uk