How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-03-2011
V.I.P.

UK Harper's Bazaar May 2011 : Kate Moss by Sølve Sundsbø

harpersbazaar.co.uk

Another cover, article says it's double-cover issue.

Quote:
As the fashion world honours Alexander McQueen with a retrospective at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute, Kate Moss stars in Bazaar’s special double cover May issue. She wears both the ruffled organza dress in which she appeared as a hologram in the A/W 2006 Widows of Culloden show and then in an exquisite white gown from Sarah Burton’s first collection.

Any connection to the other royal wedding of the summer, though, is pure co-incidence. Says Bazaar’s Lucy Yeomans, "When we shot the story we had no idea Sarah Burton would emerge as a front-runner for making ‘the other Kate’s’ wedding dress."

Inside the magazine, Kate stars alongside fellow McQueen muses Daphne Guinness and Annabelle Neilson, all of whom wear the late designer’s unforgettable creations shot in a series of powerful and compelling images.

Neilson has penned a beautiful tribute to the designer while Kate and Daphne share their personal recollections as well. Says the rarely quoted Moss, "He gave women power, while letting them be fragile and vulnerable at the same time. People always used to say he was a misogynist, but it took me a while to realise that he was actually empowering women and not the other way around."
She continues, "There’s never ever going to be anybody like him. His was the most exciting show to see ever, even if you weren’t there. I would hear about it on the phone and hear Lee and hear everyone. There was so much tension, but we had the best laughs. He was a dear friend of mine. I miss him terribly."

Says Neilson, summing things up perfectly, "As Kate, Daphne and I were shooting this story, I started to think of all the wonderful and amazing team of people and friends he had in his life. They followed him willingly on his journey; his close friends who’ll always remember a larger-than-life, happy, brilliant times. At the worst of times and the best of times, there was only one Alexander McQueen."
harpersbazaar.co.uk

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 30-03-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Combined posts.

30-03-2011
less is more

Like the look of it from what I can see in the little picture. Simple yet powerful. However, I imagine that the bigger picture will show some subtle signs of airbrushing given that Kate's lifestyle has caught up with her in recent years and that doesn't lend itself well to close up pictures.

Last edited by rox_yr_sox; 30-03-2011 at 06:43 AM.
30-03-2011
backstage pass

It's a good job they wrote Kate Moss in huge letters or I would never have guessed it was her.
Beautiful cover though, I hope the newsstand version is as nice.

30-03-2011
V.I.P.

Woah, simply stunning, both covers are beautiful. And well Moss looks better than she has looked on any of all those UK Vogue covers of late. And its a McQueen tribute issue.....Well that makes it even more covetable, excited to get it.

30-03-2011
MON
V.I.P.

It`s a beautiful cover and is obviously A LOT better than UK Vogue but it`s not one of Kate`s best

tfs star

She looks "pure". It looks interesting, very flattering!

V.I.P.

Both covers, photographed by Sølve Sundsbø:

harpersbazaar.co.uk

30-03-2011
MON
V.I.P.

The foiled text makes it look better and i RETRACT my statement with this not being one of Kate`s best because that headshot is DIVINE. plus the foil adds more flavor to it.

The other cover is nice as well but the dress is too busy

V.I.P.

Fingers crossed, that I get the white cover through subscribing. If I'm unfortunate enough as to receive the McQueen cover, I wouldn't think twice of picking it up from the stands, and having two copies. It's simple and stunning, I love the contrasting black fonts against the freshness of the shot. Not too struck by the covers with the foiled fonts. The McQueen cover reminds me of Stephanie Seymour's from November 2008.

V.I.P.

The close-up is disappointing but the 2nd cover is divine.

30-03-2011
fashion elite

the first shot is really good but she looks like Sienna Miller and it's obvious that the shot has been photoshopped a looot. And the 2cd cover (probably the subscriber cover) is weak, and looks like a test shot or a behind the scene picture: not good for a cover at all. And I have to say that the placement and stuff on the 1st one made me think of Vogue Paris somehow.

backstage pass

I love the covers!

30-03-2011
hors concours♛

Kate really knows how to work the covers. I can see why she gets/has so many! Almost all of her covers are to die for. I love it

V.I.P.

wow

V.I.P.

Both covers are fan-freakin'-tastic! IMO Sundsbo is the best cover / beauty photographer around. My only nitpick is that is that Kate's face is too soft in the McQueen photo but it is still a signature cover.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, bazaar, harper, kate, moss, sundsbø, sølve, uk