How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2013
V.I.P.

Oh boy. The Brits are really desperate to create new British supermodels aren't they. First Cara now Edie. Unfortunately for them, they're working with Cara and Edie.

This cover looks like something that the 'fashion' girls on tumblr would come up with, lol.

06-03-2013
front row

Great change for Vogue UK.

front row

Idk...the 60's thing is getting so boring.

06-03-2013
tfs star

If it was the cover of a beauty supplement it would be fine but this is the cover of a fairly big issue. I feel like everyone involved could have done better.
Kudos to Alexandra for not using a single celeb this year though.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Oh boy. The Brits are really desperate to create new British supermodels aren't they. First Cara now Edie. Unfortunately for them, they're working with Cara and Edie.

This cover looks like something that the 'fashion' girls on tumblr would come up with, lol.
LOL!
Agreed!

06-03-2013
fashion icon

Very weird cover. Her hair and make-up reminds of those in Karl Lagerfeld S/ 2007 show.

06-03-2013
V.I.P.

They at least did a different kinda take on the whole 60s look i am so tired to death. But i feel like Edie cant pull off the (modified) Sasson five point cut, that made Grace Coddington famous. But i do appreciate a different kinda cover image, and i see nothing wrong with them using British models, i dont get why on earth would people complain about that!

06-03-2013
Mr. Zhivago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post

The closest they've come is Lara Stone, who's not even British but Dutch!

06-03-2013
Hell on Heels

i'm so ready for the 60s trend to go die and rest in peace. Havin said that, the cover wouldn't be bad, but the composition is off.

06-03-2013
front row

Am I the only one who thinks Edie Campbell is ugly as sh*t? Every season the magazines take their editorial content from two designers: Prada and Louis Vuitton. They do it constantly. I'm honestly sick of the sixties. I never look to Vogue UK for inspiration because frankly I think it sucks, but this is just stupid. Their attempt at making Cara and Edie, the two most disgusting models nowadays, supermodels, is just beyond me.

Last edited by lepetitcouturier; 06-03-2013 at 08:00 AM.
06-03-2013
trendsetter

^ I am sorry but to call Cara and Edie, regardless of who they are, "disgusting/ugly as sh*t" is totally uncalled for.

I personally appreciate the change in cover composition, it's a nice refresher for British Vogue.

Last edited by AL92; 06-03-2013 at 08:30 AM.
06-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepetitcouturier View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Edie Campbell is ugly as sh*t? Every season the magazines take their editorial content from two designers: Prada and Louis Vuitton. They do it constantly. I'm honestly sick of the sixties. I never look to Vogue UK for inspiration because frankly I think it sucks, but this is just stupid. Their attempt at making Cara and Edie, the two most disgusting models nowadays, supermodels, is just beyond me.
Giving your opinion and being rude are two very different thing, there's no reason why you should use the words you did and please at least respect Edie, Cara and Vogue UK
I personally don't care for Cara but I'd never say those disrespectful things

front row

Edie is so beautiful and they captured it so well in this cover. At first I thought it was kinda weird, but I started to like the concept even if I'm so tired of seeing Edie being feautured in every 60s inspired shoot

V.I.P.

Looks like a cover of a beauty supplement... Even though it's a decent shot, it's not good enough for a main cover, it lacks of enough energy and presence; the styling isn't that bad, it could have been great, it's just a wrong photo choice.

06-03-2013
tfs star

I don't see something wrong with Eddie but the cropped shot is just awkward and odd

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, april, campbell, david, edie, sims, uk, vogue