How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2013
V.I.P.

You have to be very careful when choosing a facial close up for a cover, cause you really don't have any other elements like enough accesories, clothes and locations to help giving the right strength to the final result, so little details like making intense and direct eye contact with the lense, might help a little bit... and any of that is happening here, so they wanted to take a big risk, and I applaud them for that, but it didn't work.

06-03-2013
V.I.P.

Very different and creative! Love that Vogue UK stepped out of their comfort zone with this cover.

V.I.P.

I actually don't get why they went for a close-up shot here, I find her face extremely unattractive... but maybe that's just me? I agree with the majority, the 60's theme, especially portrayed by Edie, is too played out this season and it's extremely boring. I'm not excited about this cover at all.

06-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Edie Campbell Makes Her Vogue Cover Debut

EDIE CAMPBELL has landed her first ever Vogue cover. The 22-year-old British model, famed for her Sixties style, was photographed by David Sims for the April issue, which hits newsstands on Monday March 11.

"Vogue was the magazine that growing up that you really looked at," Campbell told us. "It has always been aspirational. It's such a farce that I'm on the cover. I remember looking at the Rosie Huntington-Whiteley March 2011 cover thinking, 'I want to look like that.' That hasn't happened yet, but here I am on the front of the magazine. It's bizarre and so flattering. I mean, why pick me? It's just ridiculous."

Campbell - who has walked for numerous labels, from Chanel to Burberry - appears in the issue's All About Edie fashion story, styled by Joe McKenna, modelling spring's sharp suiting.

"It was like working with a dream team," said Campbell of the shoot. "Joe's styling really is the bomb. It felt like getting ready to go out when I was 17. You're listening to music, getting dressed up and all of a sudden your make-up looks really good and you feel so good. I'm sure that sounds like a bad comparison, but I mean it in the best way. It was an all-day fun day."

Campbell has appeared in Vogue on several occasions - including in December's pop issue when she was given the arduous task of shooting with One Direction. Landing her debut cover though feels like somewhat of a milestone.

"This time, it felt more serious," she said. "Joe's styling is high-brow, which I quite like. That purist approach really appealed to me. It felt like the next step."

The April issue of Vogue is available to buy from Monday March 11.
vogue.co.uk

06-03-2013
fashion icon

I am really really disappointed with this. I find it very supplementish. No eye contact makes the worst covers. How could have they done this. Edie was stunning on that Elle France cover, look at this now...I wouldn't call it 60s-themed, but E.T.-themed cover. Again it wouldn't be that bad if the eye contact existed. I find it very important for a cover. But I wonder, maybe it's just a convention, so UK Vogue is trying to break it.

06-03-2013
███████████████

Great cover i like the vintage style

06-03-2013
fashion elite

Close up way too close, Edie is also very uninteresting, the styling is not hot and it's just re-using Chanel's. Another British Vogue fail.

V.I.P.

I applaud Vogue's decision to opt for something really different for them, I really do. That being said, I can't say I'm too much of a fan, but if they're going to continue trying new things this can only be a good thing in my book. Maybe they'll get there.

06-03-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxxx View Post
I don't see something wrong with Eddie but the cropped shot is just awkward and odd
I agree.
They could have pulled off a David Bailey/ Irving Penn homage, but, the cropping totally ruined it.

06-03-2013
V.I.P.

The most annoying part about this cover is the title... Eddie's cool or whatever... I very much doubt that even lots of Vogue readers know who she is... They speak about her as if she was a well-known cool style queen or something... The desperation about Cara and Eddie is what makes them so annoying... Otherwise I have nothing against these girls... I think they are reasonably pretty, etc. i wonder if Kate Moss has finally decided to retire and they are pushing to create a new one...

07-03-2013
V.I.P.

Review - 320 Pages!

All About Edie
Model: Edie Campbell
Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Joe McKenna
12 Photos

Heartbreak Hotel
Model: Guinevere van Seenus
Photographer: Javier Vallhonrat
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
9 Photos

Plain Song
Model: Athena Wilson
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Jane How
12 Photos

front row

This doesn't look like a cover-worthy image to me. It's Just Off. Way Off.

Mr. Zhivago

Excellent, Guinevere and Javier!

07-03-2013
V.I.P.

Vallhonrat back to work??!
finally something to look forward...
thanks for the review vogue28

front row

Can't wait to see the Guinevere by Javier ed

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, april, campbell, david, edie, sims, uk, vogue