How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-11-2012
front row

The Tim Walker ed is so gorgeous. I think I will be getting this issue for that one only

02-11-2012
V.I.P.

Absolutely love the trippy 70's feeling of Tim Walker's ed.

fashion icon

Oh wow, after seeing the cover that editorial was not what I expected it to be. I don't know if I like it. It's just so out there and in your face. I do like all the colors though.

02-11-2012
fashion icon

I'm not keen on the Colour Fast editorial, it just seems a bit too "loud" for my liking. Plus, Natalia's wig looks really cheap. Tim's editorial ended up being a surprise, I like it more then I thought I would. But you know things aren't good when the best thing about the magazine issue is an editorial/interview with a boy-band....

front row

I picked this up today and I'm, well, confused. I thought, 'Oh, Pop, it'll be a few editorials that are all bright and crazy, and the rest of the issue will be brights.'

Good lord how wrong was I. Everything from the layouts to the clothing is absolutely, shockingly bright, and almost acidic in nature. I felt as if, had I been on some sort of hallucinogenic drug whilst flipping through, I'd go in to some sort of seizure or go on a really bad trip.

V.I.P.

Tim Walker's story is the best of this issue and one of the best this year bar none. The colors, setting, and styling all mesh together perfectly to create a visually rich, hallucinatory world.

On the contrary, Natalia's editorial is quite disappointing. The different colors and geometric shapes make for an eyesore while Natalia's poses and expressions seem forced and contrived.

02-11-2012
fashion elite

I like One Direction but the tag line and their presence in Vogue is annoying. The Tim Walker ed is gorgeous though and is nearly enough to make me want to buy the issue.

03-11-2012
front row

It's not surprising to see One Direction in British Vogue at all since they're the hottest topic around the world right now and they're British. If they were girls, they would have been on the cover and main editorial.

03-11-2012
fashion icon

^That's actually a good point, I mean, the Spice Girls got a cover in 1998 and I'm sure that some people pitched a fit when that issue was first released. And now, a lot of people regard them with a sense of love and respect. And One Direction is arguably achieving the same level of fame as the Spice Girls, so it does make sense to feature them (look at all the records they've smashed). Oh dear, this thread is bring out my secret boy-band loving side....

V.I.P.

My three month trial subscription has ended, so I got mine this morning from the store. I see the cost has decreased to £3.50 on the stands. The price is printed in a more larger type than usual. So perhaps it's just for December. The issue also comes with a Christmas gift guide.

Natalia by Mario Testino sure does standout. It's placed before Demarchelier's One Direction feature, so the mass of colour isn't too noticeable. I've never ever been a one for Tim Walker and even Malgosia cannot sell the editorial to me. The issue is just missing that fashion element December Vogue's often have.

V.I.P.

I think the price decrease must just be December, the edition I got through the post still has £4.10 printed on the cover. Must be two print runs for the covers.

I don't think any of the UK magazine's have had a particularly successful season on the stands from what I hear, so it doesn't surprise me the price has been dropped.

03-11-2012
Mag Master

Editorial HQ:
Uniqlo Promotion: Take The Heat
Photographer: Thomas Cooksey
Models: Shenyue Ding, Giedre Dukauskaite, Max Barreau & William Potter
Styling: Kim Howells
Hair: Kenna
Make-Up: Yin Lee

Digital Edition Vogue UK 12/2012

03-11-2012
Mag Master

Editorial HQ:
Elevating Rita
Photographer: Scott Trindle
Celeb: Rita Ora
Styling: Maya Zepinie
Hair: Syd Hayes
Make-Up: Lucy Burt
Nails: Jenny Longworth

03-11-2012
Mag Master

Editorial HQ:
Life Of Grimes
Photographer: Angelo Pennetta
Model: Grimes
Styling: Francesca Burns
Hair: Luke Hersheson
Make-Up: Petros Petrohilos
Nails: Jenny Longworth

Last edited by Mat Cyruss; 03-11-2012 at 08:21 AM.
03-11-2012
fashion elite

this issue straight up sucks. i don't like anything.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, december, mario, natalia, testino, uk, vodianova, vogue