How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-01-2009
V.I.P.

The cover is by Regan Cameron. http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/daily/09...gue-cover.aspx

05-01-2009
front row

Hate it!

V.I.P.

Ewwwwwwwww

but

I hope next month is NOT Kate Moss. That's all.

05-01-2009
fashion insider

Ths is bad, very bad.
I mean, I must say, I don't mind Cheryl Cole, but this is a fashion magazine, not a celebrity gossip magazine. This has US Vogue written all over it.
But, saying that, I understand why they've done it, it'll probably end up being one of UK vogue's highest selling issues of the year, she is loved in the uk.

V.I.P.

I think even US Vogue has classier covers than this.

05-01-2009
front row

Chery Cole? Really?

That doesn't even look like her.

05-01-2009
tfs star

I'm a massive Girls Aloud fan and Cheryl is fantastic, but I'm not sure about the cover yet. At first I didn't really like it, but it's growing on me already. The other picture is great though. She's stunning.

tfs star

I don't get why some people don't buy the magazine just because they don't like who is on the cover, the content inside is still the same.

rising star

well, UK Vogue just wrote itself off..

Cheryl Cole's face is constantly on the cover of all the UK weeklies. It sells, I guess and it was only a matter of time before Vogue put her on theirs but I am dissapointed. Having said that.. they've stopped even lower than this before - didn't they put Wayne Rooney's wife, Coleen on the cover in the not so distant past?

05-01-2009
V.I.P.

Do u know what I hate most of all about these celebrity covers... they put so much effort to look great... editors and photographers are trying so hard to make these covers memorable... but what we get... all of them are so lifeless, not interesting, without a moment of something making sense... there is no connection... or all connection is broken by desperate efforts to establish one with the reader...

I really miss the simplicity of 90ies... there was some simplicity and effortless even in the most complex and so-called arty stuff... I don't know... I just don't get it... buy the way they say that celebrities sell magazines better... I work at the shop and I always have piles of unsold celebrity magazines with Nicole Kidmann, Scarlet, Marlet or Shmarlet...

05-01-2009
V.I.P.

I dont like Cole, simply because she comes off mostly rude and disrepectful in her interviews, and i have never seen her on any other fashion magazine so how does she grant this cover?At least Victoria Beckham has been on every major fashion cover and not only in UK but around the world before she scored it, and it wasnt her first Vogue cover either.

I also dont like the fact that this is the second cover this year with someone famous (although how you follow Cate Blanchett with Cheryl Cole is beyond me!), however all that said, i think its a very commercial cover done well, this WILL sell, and in these times its all that matters.Plus Cherly truly is photogenic.

Northern Star needs to see this, he will be happy.

05-01-2009
i am not a robot

I'm a massive Girls Aloud fan but I do agree Cheryl's overexposed recently. Can't be helped I suppose.

I knew the ridiculous snobbery would rear it's ugly head in this thread. Cheryl's a fashion icon in the UK now whether you're happy about it or not. (She's also more beautiful than most of the models they could have chosen to put on there instead...)

tfs star

OK it is not the best cover, but that will not stop me from buying it this evening. I love a good flick through a magazine on the tube after another unsatisfying day at work.

If Colleen Rooney can be a "fashion icon" so can Cheryl Cole.

BTW, I hate how that term is used so loosely now just because someone can afford designer clothes.

Last edited by miss_nyc; 05-01-2009 at 08:51 AM.
05-01-2009
fashion insider

How come not liking someone that looks like a plastic doll and belongs to a rubbish band became snobbish? Not everyone is interested in the soap opera of her life.

05-01-2009
V.I.P.

^ I ain't saying that, just cos u don't like her it means your a snob. But it's just that some of the comments about her are a bit snobby....

apart from that, i agree with everything your saying.

Last edited by notmanons; 05-01-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, cameron, cheryl, cole, february, regan, uk, vogue