UK Vogue February 2018 : Margot Robbie & Nicole Kidman by Juergen Teller - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-01-2018
fashion elite

Disappointing.

03-01-2018
fashion insider

Wow I saw this on Instagram and just kept scrolling because I figured it was some minor Vogue with random models. I was actually a fan of Taylor’s cover last month for the glamour factor. The only thing I’ve liked so far in Edwards tenure is the fact he has infused his covers with some glamour but now this? I suppose that now the cover at least reflects how dull Edwards Vogue has been on the inside.

On a side note, I’m judging based only on cover and edits, as I haven’t bothered flipping through an actual issue. Is the written content any good?

03-01-2018
backstage pass

Awful. Based on this Juergen Teller should be shooting mugshots and not Vogue covers, and the styling those washing up gloves are inexcusable. I hate the colour scheme too - it literally looks thrown together and I can't find a single thing I like about it.

03-01-2018
fashion icon

This is a disaster in my eyes. I am very bothered by the tiles not aligning with the edges of the cover, I am bothered by the lighting which makes Nicole look horrible, I am bothered by the tiny fonts, I am bothered by the gloves, I am bothered by the composition. The only barely redeeming thing is how beautiful Margot looks.

Also, am I the only one who sees the irony in the “Why we need to talk about race” tagline particularly for this cover?

03-01-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
For crying out loud, this isn't W, Edward!! I really want to root for him, but not with crap like this!! That background is shameful for a Vogue cover, and combined with the styling it's all downright garish!
My sentiments exactly! There's definitely signs of W here, which is a real disappointment because I was expectant of Edward doing something so fresh and innovative. He brought over W's Johan Svensson with him to British Vogue as creative director and neither have come up with something pioneering. This is flat and just feels like those naff covers of W all over again (from the fonts to the Hollywood theme).

03-01-2018
V.I.P.

Nicole looks so awful. I don't mind Teller's photography but he always does such horrible covers. Looks like it was taken with an iPhone with the flash off.

fashion elite

Don't like it at all... His (Edward's) first cover was magnifcent, but then it just went downhill, and it almost looks like British Vogue under Alexandra again. And why, why did they choose pink (and some kind of coral/apricot color?) on all the fonts? Everything just blends in with the stone wall and the dresses + gloves, and you can't almsot read what it says. Where are the models??

V.I.P.

Love Margot, Love Nicole, HATE this cover. What the hell did they do to Nicole??? Who thought it would be a good idea to have them in those gardening gloves??? And why do the gloves take up as much space on the cover as Nicole herself??? Where do I begin??? Edward, I was rooting for you, but this cover is such a disappointment, especially in contrast with Adwoa’s timeless and instantly iconic cover.

Last edited by Armani; 03-01-2018 at 03:11 PM.
03-01-2018
V.I.P.

I was so excited when I read Margot Robbie & Nicole Kidman but my excitement immediately disappeared when I read Teller. He shouldn't be photographing covers let alone with celebrities. He makes people look horrible.

This could have been so much better with a capable photographer.

03-01-2018
V.I.P.

Maybe he's doing the celeb covers in the weak months, and keeping the important issues for supers...?

03-01-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
For crying out loud, this isn't W, Edward!!
MTE, Miss D! I don't understand why he felt it appropriate to transfer over the Hollywood/Feb issue...surely Tonchi is still dragging that dead horse along this year as well?

The last issue was really solid and I wasn't even a big fan of any of the main contributors, whilst the first cover was a classic. This however, well it's just reflective of my ever increasing apathy towards Teller in recent years. Really poor stuff!

03-01-2018
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodencebt View Post
Also, am I the only one who sees the irony in the “Why we need to talk about race” tagline particularly for this cover?
With the names they have listed, I would've loved to see Hong Chau on the cover with that tagline. Would have been unexpected and different but this is disappointing.

03-01-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
Edward is making it so hard for his supporters to defend him. This is tragic. The audacity to use Nicole Kidman as a prop. Also, I’m bothered with the fit of the gloves.

They successfuly managed to make Nicole look like a stage mom prepping her daughter backstage. What a disaster.

The layout as well is a disaster. Who on earth would use a pink font on top of a pink background? Like hello?? Someone is paid tons for this?

I agree, this is not W. I can’t believe that this is worst than Alex’s terrible covers. At least those had a touch of finality to it. This looks undone, fan made at best. It looks like a raw photo in a bad way. Even the worst Vogue Russia cover is classier than this one.
I agree !!!! IT LOOKS SOOOOO FAN MADE !!!! Awful awul layout and coverlines. ONCE AGAIN I can´t believe a Vogue magazine would look like that, and I can´t imagine how much these people would get paid to produce such a lamentable product.

V.I.P.

The styling is a mother f-ing joke... right?

03-01-2018
trendsetter

Poor Nicole, she looks awful, and British Vogue remains the worst among the big 4 lol.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, february, juergen, kidman, margot, nicole, robbie, teller, uk, vogue